Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

I've watched the video countless times and the new color scheme is obviously going to be green, grey, black with a spattering of red.

Edited by Maxman
So we don't do politics here. We don't do assassination jokes. You been here since 2005 with incident so we will just delete this and move on. Avoid jokes like this in the future.
  • Thumb Down 8

17 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

You guys who think the helmets are going to be white are going to be dissapointed I think.  Anything Nike does is like a bukkake of bright colors.  They would never in a million years leave something white after 4 years of planning in my opinion.

I agree. Nike will want to do flash. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The all white with the gray facemask is the perfect uniform.

If they went back to the 60's uniform with Kelly green, grey facemask and fixed the shoulder stripes so that it's green/white/green, that could work. In addition, for the logo, they should go back to the football shape instead of the oval, they should remove the "NY" from the logo, take out the little football under "Jets" and swap out the "Jets" with the 80's workmark jet wing. 

• Post of the Week 1

On 2/8/2019 at 2:00 PM, BUM-KNEE said:

I just want a good, consistant team on the field.

The unis are perfect to me, so no need to change anything there.

How much of that uniform did you buy last year?

Keep in mind, perfect has nothing to do with it, profitable is all that matters.

I just reread some of this post about 50 or so pages or back. The older uniforms with black in them. Honest to God thos black ones look horrible. I would  never have guessed they looked that bad. Is that just like an age thing? Was everyone so bad back then? I mean they look really bad. Damn who would have guess I have been spoiled with our color rush uniforms

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, y2k8 said:

I've watched the video countless times and the new color scheme is obviously going to be green, grey, black with a spattering of red.

So we don't do politics here. We don't do assassination jokes. You been here since 2005 with incident so we will just delete this and move on. Avoid jokes like this in the future.

• Sympathy 2

8 hours ago, jetsons said:

That shade of green is putrid ? …  I Hope they do better than that.

gettyimages-1050848114.jpg?w=1000&h=600&

I don't disagree, but that lighter shade of green has been a staple in the stadium for the last 2 years and found on the cover of the Powerpoint that Nike was providing to Jets leadership on a uniform design that has been in play for 4 years.  Connect the dots and you may be looking at the new uniform color.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

2013-oregon-ducks-nike-football-uniforms

oregonuni6.jpeg

cxhdgfhhg.jpg

How Nike handles the concept of "flight" on a uniform.  I think this type of direction would be in sync with the 'major' change that's supposed to bring a design that is "different" and "bold" and "exciting".  I think all of these takes on something 'retro' or akin to our current striped setup doesn't fit with the language we're hearing from the Jets and Nike.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Too soon?  I thought people analyzing the uni tease video as if it were the Zapruder film deserved a joke. But i respect your call.

But to be clear, I didn't make a JFK because he was a democrat, I made it because if he lived, he would have been a Patriots fan.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

8 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Too soon?  I thought people analyzing the uni tease video as if it were the Zapruder film deserved a joke. But i respect your call.

But to be clear, I didn't make a JFK because he was a democrat, I made it because if he lived, he would have been a Patriots fan.

Just walk away, we really should have banned you for this. Let's just move on and there is no need for anymore bad jokes.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

oregonuni6.jpeg

cxhdgfhhg.jpg

How Nike handles the concept of "flight" on a uniform.  I think this type of direction would be in sync with the 'major' change that's supposed to bring a design that is "different" and "bold" and "exciting".  I think all of these takes on something 'retro' or akin to our current striped setup doesn't fit with the language we're hearing from the Jets and Nike.

SAR I

I feel like these pics have been all over this thread. I guess jets wings would be good?

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I feel like these pics have been all over this thread. I guess jets wings would be good?

Wings, engines, contrails, runways, captains stripes....I’d start thinking about this type of “theme” from Nike. Something theatrical like they’ve done for the Ducks. 

Not saying I like it, just saying it makes sense. “Bold and energetic”. Two teams in the same town. A theatrical city that’s the fashion capital of the country. A bad culture needing more than a facelift.  

Add it up, I don’t see us getting a mere stripe change or some 80’s thing. I think we’re going full-Oregon. 

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Wings, engines, contrails, runways, captains stripes....I’d start thinking about this type of “theme” from Nike. Something theatrical like they’ve done for the Ducks. 

Not saying I like it, just saying it makes sense. “Bold and energetic”. Two teams in the same town. A theatrical city that’s the fashion capital of the country. A bad culture needing more than a facelift.  

Add it up, I don’t see us getting a mere stripe change or some 80’s thing. I think we’re going full-Oregon. 

SAR I

Nike has ruined uniforms and it started with Oregon.  They better not go full Oregon on our new unis.  I hope the people from the Jets have more sense than this.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Warfish said:

How much of that uniform did you buy last year?

Keep in mind, perfect has nothing to do with it, profitable is all that matters.

I got a bunch of stuff as gifts, but I didnt buy them. Does that count?

The "perfect to me" has everything to do with it. TO ME.

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

If you want "Bold & energetic" then they should do away with the green & white altogether... what does "green & white" have to do with "Jets" anyway... but I agree with you on the "Bold & energetic"... I just Hope they do something that looks really Great.

7 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I got a bunch of stuff as gifts, but I didnt buy them. Does that count?

The "perfect to me" has everything to do with it. TO ME.

Apparently it went over your head. 

YOU don't matter.  At all.  IN ANY way.

This isn't rocket science, it's just business.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

As long as its not full Maryland 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Nike has ruined uniforms and it started with Oregon.  They better not go full Oregon on our new unis.  I hope the people from the Jets have more sense than this.  

Is Nike doing our new uniforms?  I'm worried if so.  Can you imagine if we end up hating our new uni's?  And in the past couple of years I've thought the Jet uni's never looked better.

12 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

As long as its not full Maryland 

The absolute worst jerseys in all of sports.  The crazy thing is that I could absolutely see the NFL eventually changing the uniforms to the crazy ones we see proposed on certain websites that try to re-imagine/modernize all NFL uniforms.  I don't think that day is far off, actually.

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

oregonuni6.jpeg

cxhdgfhhg.jpg

SAR I

i love it

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Apparently it went over your head. 

YOU don't matter.  At all.  IN ANY way.

This isn't rocket science, it's just business.

No Im thinking it went over yours.

"TO ME" means in my opinion, as in MY PREFERENCE. Dont give 2 sh*ts about any "business" descisions the Jets are looking to make on this. TO ME the unis are perfect. 

THE END

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetsons said:

If you want "Bold & energetic" then they should do away with the green & white altogether... what does "green & white" have to do with "Jets" anyway... but I agree with you on the "Bold & energetic"... I just Hope they do something that looks really Great.

I believe the Green & White came from Leon Hess. 

14 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I believe the Green & White came from Leon Hess. 

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No it came from Sonny Werblin.  When he changed the team from the Titans to the Jets he changed to green because he was born on St Patricks Day.

It doesn't really matter where it came from but there is Absolutely No reason to keep those colors... they have Absolutely Zero to do with "Jets"... jmo

6 minutes ago, jetsons said:

It doesn't really matter where it came from but there is Absolutely No reason to keep those colors... they have Absolutely Zero to do with "Jets"... jmo

no, the point is theyre green, have always been green.  Its their tradition, what they are after all these years.

If they make a change it will also have nothing to do with Jets given all the different color Jets that exist in the world.  You want a different color, fine, has nothing to do with the name Jets though