Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

LOL that thing is hideous.

Nobody is going to buy that.  It would be a merchandising disaster and there would be 0% chance any team or the NFL would be that stupid.  The idea is to promote more sales, not to deter them.  

Is this really how it's going to be for the next three months?  Anyone with Microsoft Paint and a minor in design at a community college trying to outdo one another with awful looking Jets jerseys?

It's all Eric Allen's fault.  Hate that guy.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

Riddell offers a helmet reconditioning service, takes 4 weeks to inspect and bring the helmet back up to new, certified condition.  It's on their website, they detail how the process is done including the removal all accessories, just like the Jets showed in their video, tagged just like the Jets showed in their video.  They are going back to Riddell for reconditioning:

https://www.riddell.com/reconditioning

Now, it says on there that Riddell will repaint a helmet during the reconditioning process.  So that sounds reasonable, right?  Yes!  They're painting them!  But ask yourself, if an NFL team were getting new helmets in an entirely new color why would they care about the $1,000 cost of 53 helmets which is a weekly lunch bill to a $3 billion dollar corporate enterprise?  Why not just get new helmets injection-molded in a green, black, or grey color instead of going through the trouble, and bleed-through, of over-painting a white helmet?

If the Jets are getting a new helmet color, they wouldn't be sending the old ones back for reconditioning.  They'd just get new ones.  I'm guessing in today's concussion-conscious world from a standpoint of player safety it's best to keep the geometry and break-in of the existing helmet as-is, thus the reason for the reconditioning, the safety pads and collision dome and such don't get deconstructed and re-installed that way, just buff up the whiteness and re-test, and that's that.

SAR I

You make solid points, I can’t argue with that. I’ve dealt with the reconditioning before with Riddel since I’m a coach, I understand the process.  I really think it can go either way, and from what I’ve heard from some sources I know, I’d be surprised if the green stayed the same shade of green we have now.  People in the know are being extremely tight lipped but little things are popping out that lead people I know to believe there will be additional colors added or colors changed. I’d bet on both. 

You could be right though, your theory is sound and reasonable about thenhelmets. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I highly highly highly highly doubt that this is real, but someone on Reddit posted this asking if it was a legitimate leak, and I wanted to see the reaction here ????.

c0UJ5zy_d.jpg.a2d6e47cb359b3ce684fdf513b7c7254.jpg

Hard to fake that. Not terrible I guess, but what’s with the orgs obsession with the fruity soccer stuff?

11 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I highly highly highly highly doubt that this is real, but someone on Reddit posted this asking if it was a legitimate leak, and I wanted to see the reaction here ????.

c0UJ5zy_d.jpg.a2d6e47cb359b3ce684fdf513b7c7254.jpg

Almost definitely fake, but a couple interesting things. It would go perfectly with the cleats Jamal twitted, and the logo is interesting though I am not sure I like it. Just screams soccer. Definitely would be bold. Fails the Allen statement of everyone will be pleased statement.

I am sticking with the kelly gree/blue grey color scheme that matches everyone's ties at the Gase press conference

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Dude go away i'm sick and tired of trying like heck to not argue with you and tell you how I really feel about you and your trolling and looking for a darn argument every time you respond to one my posts. 

All you do is make stuff up and put words in peoples mouths. 

GOODBYE 

You've chosen to ignore content by Jet Nut.

Holy shlt.  No one said anything wrong here.  Someone doesn't agree with you or comes up with a different thought and you go into full baby mode.  Accused or arguing and trolling.  You need to get off the computer.  Put me on ignore, who cares 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Dude...no. Lol. It’s just a tie. 

Except they are not necessarily just ties. Gase is the new coach and any marketing team worth its salt would try VERY hard to work in the new color scheme without breaking the disclosure rules from the NFL.

And in past press conferences they never really tried to match so much. I believe Allen is wearing the bluegrey shirt that matches the colors and the tie has the uniforrm colors.

All conjecture, and I could be completely off, but it is consistent with the One Jets Drive video. I find it fun for some reason to speculate and looking forward to seeing them (and likely quickly surfing here and complaining)

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets helmets are white and they shall remain that way, the proof is right there in the video.

I don't see how this affects your life this deeply.  I'm sure you can imagine a nice new uniform that plays off of the old one and uses a helmet that's white.  It's not hard.  And that's how it's going to be.  A subtle and modernized version of what we've been wearing.  It's what NFL teams do these days.  Let's not forget, our current uniforms are Top 10 in the league, it's not like they have to do much to make them a tad more modern.

SAR I

You've got how many posts telling everyone what the uniforms WILL look like.  Claiming you have inside info.  I keep writing it's my opinion, you're entitled to yours, no one is right or wrong and this is your response?  

I can imagine white.  I'm just not a twat telling everyone what it DEFINATELY will be on some nonsensical ideas like they're off being painted and that every helmet, from numerous manufacturers are being shipped to riddell.  I haven't made a,single post claiming to knowmthe team colors, uniform look, logo look or change, helmet color etc.  Not one post telling anyone I have anything other than a guess.  To you I need it explained to me what you are so sure of and how wrong, somehow, I am.  Good for you.  

Got to love,the it's not hard, that's what it will be line.  Yeah, my life, the life that just wants to see a cool uniform and makes no claims to know what they will look life is affected.  Lol, it gets Funnier all the time.  

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

For those of you interested in the Mitchell & Ness jerseys they are having a sale on everything with free shipping also check out the Super Bowl hoodie and the color green it is. 

Clearance sale of old gear before new gear drops, lol.

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Holy shlt.  No one said anything wrong here.  Someone doesn't agree with you or comes up with a different thought and you go into full baby mode.  Accused or arguing and trolling.  You need to get off the computer.  Put me on ignore, who cares 

The guy is a dinosaur who throws a fit anytime anyone disagrees with him.  I can only imagine how real life goes for a guy like that.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets helmets are white and they shall remain that way, the proof is right there in the video.

I don't see how this affects your life this deeply.  I'm sure you can imagine a nice new uniform that plays off of the old one and uses a helmet that's white.  It's not hard.  And that's how it's going to be.  A subtle and modernized version of what we've been wearing.  It's what NFL teams do these days.  Let's not forget, our current uniforms are Top 10 in the league, it's not like they have to do much to make them a tad more modern.

SAR I

Have you seen your psychologist lately?

• Thumb Down 2

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Clearance sale of old gear before new gear drops, lol.

Nope Mitchell & Ness is the old gear for those who are fans of those players and tradition, they have weathered the storm of  Reebok and Nike for years and are still very successful. I heard the store in Philadelphia is amazing. 

Do you even know what Mitchell & Ness is or sells? 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

The guy is a dinosaur who throws a fit anytime anyone disagrees with him.  I can only imagine how real life goes for a guy like that.  

No dinosaur here dude/dudette get a clue and a life, pretty ballsy for a keyboard pusher with 167 posts why don't you shut up and tell us how you really feel and who you really are. 

Better yet join your bff you two make a good couple 

You've chosen to ignore content by Butterfield

• Haha 1