Mogglez

Jets will have new uniforms next year.

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Took this and made it more green.  I'm open to criticism, but how does this look? 

Screenshot_20180331-014714-01-01-01.jpeg

I like the color of green. I just don’t like any other Helmet aside from white. Give em’ white Helmets with that same color green on the stripes.

17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Took this and made it more green.  I'm open to criticism, but how does this look? 

Screenshot_20180331-014714-01-01-01.jpeg

I like that a lot.  One small tweak I'd personally consider is remove the Jets logo on the jersey and replace with a Nike swoosh.  Then remove the stripe on the pants, making them solid green, but then put the Jets logo on the pant on one leg above the thigh pad.  Like the Saints pants, but green(or white at home)

Be interesting to see how far they take this. If they go a totally different color green then the whole branding and One Jets Drive facility will need to be changed if logos etc change.

If it's just the same color and logos in a different design maybe not so.

All goes beyond the uniform.

The Jets will have a brand new look in 2019. The franchise will unveil new uniforms next April and the Jets will wear their ensemble beginning in their 60th season of play.

After starting as the Titans of New York and sporting a navy, gold and white combination from 1960-62, the team was renamed the Jets prior to the 1963 season and kelly green and white became synonymous with the upstarts from the American Football League. There have been three major uniform alterations since. The last one came prior to the 1998 campaign when Bill Parcells oversaw a color change from kelly green to hunter green and removed black as an accent color while paying homage to the Super Bowl III championship team with a modified version of the oval on the helmet that was used from 1965-77.

Finally.. I'm glad they're finally going to do it - I like the current look now but I do miss the 80's/90's look and they could do that with some chrome or color rush look or maybe accent it but they can go retro future look.

.. It's going to be interesting to see what direction they go.  Totally new logo and look or go with tradition (my vote..).  That's why I've always liked the NFL because it's more of a traditional league...and you're right the new Buc's uniform/logo is awful so.. I hope they go full "nike" mode and *edit* DO NOT ruin it..

37912410_10156037959823402_4875197513465856000_n.jpg

**and as a bummy side note I was hoping to go see my first NFL/Jets game this fall.. but ehh.. I think I'll hold until next season when this all happens... 

3 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Dcq3BHyV4AA8-s8.jpg

please oh pleaseeee

Have to say that I love the white stripe down the middle of the helmet.  And while I thought our uni's have never looked better than they did last year, I'm still okay with a change to try to put a new look to this franchise (hopefully with a lot of winning that we can associate with it).

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

They are our original uniforms from 1964 and were the ones we wore during our only glory days be they the '68, '98, or '09 eras.

Changing the uniforms is unnecessary.  The best uniforms in the NFL are old school.  Whose modern uniforms do you admire?  Seahawks?  Broncos?  Bucs?  All the new ones are ugly.  And teams that try to go modern then go running back to their classics.  This is a mistake.

SAR I

I think the Patriots did a pretty good job with their uniform update.  I like their old uni's too though.  The Broncos' "new" uni's are terrible.  I also hated when Atlanta went from the red/black helmet to black/black.   Tampa needed to get away from the creamsicles to anything else.  The Giants have improved their uni's over their 1980's look.  The Bills look better now as well (though they should go with the helmet below)

image.png

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Screenshot_20180331-014714-01-01-01-01.jpeg

I like the more green/kelly green but yeah I'd be happy with this :) 

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

They are our original uniforms from 1964 and were the ones we wore during our only glory days be they the '68, '98, or '09 eras.

Changing the uniforms is unnecessary.  The best uniforms in the NFL are old school.  Whose modern uniforms do you admire?  Seahawks?  Broncos?  Bucs?  All the new ones are ugly.  And teams that try to go modern then go running back to their classics.  This is a mistake.

SAR I

The Bucs old uniforms were ******* awful. 

Wasn't around for the 1978-1997 jets logo, so i cant speak on associating that with losing but I could live with that helmet concept, except I would want the colors inverted (White helmet, Green Jets font). Honestly, just don't go away from the white helmets and I wont have too big of a problem.