Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

38 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

True. But they also need to change the logo back to the 80s one. The current one is terrible. It’s too busy and looks horrible on hats and tshirt designs. 

They would get sales from just that logo change. I don’t like wearing jerseys. And I’m always looking for throwback Merch instead of the current logo. Just looks cleaned IMO. 

If they keep the same uniform template, went to kelly green and went with a green helmet with the 80's logo I'd be cool with that. The two stripe pant is just classic football. Anything too busy is where it gets messy. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Lee tweeted that the new unis were ‘fire’

I suspect that means they are going pretty damn gaudy and something most people over 40 will hate. 

I doubt the players know what the new uniforms will look like. They aren’t unveiling them till next April.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Lee tweeted that the new unis were ‘fire’

I suspect that means they are going pretty damn gaudy and something most people over 40 will hate. 

Lee won’t be wearing the new uniform next year why is he tweeting his dumb opinions about it

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Let's be honest SAR, you're not the market the team (or any marketer) cares about.

You may impress some folks with your talk of all your wealth, but you're old, and white, and utterly irrelevant to pretty much any form of marketing at this point in what remains of your life.

18-25, multi-ethnic, men and women, is where the future (and profit) lies.  

You and I can shake our canes at clouds all we want, it won't change the future nor our own marketing irrelevance.

In before:  But, but, but, I have money!  I MATTER!  Lol.

You are thinking small-mindedly.  This isn't about jersey sales.  It's about team identity. 

SAR I

46 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Wealth , LOL. Guys...the ones with real wealth here you’ll probably never know about because they don’t feel the need to flaunt it.

That's what all the poor people say.  And for your next cliché you will tell us how your neighbor is worth $2 billion and drives a Camry. 

SAR I

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

Oh man I hope they don't screw this up. I'm not a fan of Nike designs, the sweat patch Jersey was the worst. Please think out of the box Chris Johnson & look at some of these outside designers that have a clue. This in White would be epic. And I agree with the fans that don't want JETS slashed all over the Jersey by the shoulder or side of pants. Keep it simple & classic! Maybe a cool double stripe on helmet and on the side of pants, kind of retro. 

IMG_2186.JPG

Lop your example is horrible. That's your idea of better? I. Sure they'l just go back to the 80s look.....or they might even do a Titans thing

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

In all seriousness, what's wrong with the current uniform? The all white is one of the best in sports.

Apparently the price that needs to be paid for all the ticket price reductions that no one asked for and all the giveaway soda and hotdogs that no one asked for is to sell a lot of merchandise and in the process make us look ugly. 

As much as I love the team I cannot trust the people in Florham Park to make an attractive uniform. If you look at the type of marketing they have produced and the type of lowest common denominator fan that they condescend to, we are in trouble. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm legitimately worried the new uniform will be gross. I'll honestly be upset if we trot out there looking as stupid as the Jaguars and Bucs do.

The Bucs uniform is fine the cream color jerseys were pretty hideous back in the day 

Agree about the jaguar uniforms they suk

Just now, Philc1 said:

The Bucs uniform is fine the cream color jerseys were pretty hideous back in the day 

Agree about the jaguar uniforms they suk

The Bucs uniforms are a total disaster. They ditched the creamsicles for a good modern update with the pewter then flushed it down the toilet with their latest update.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Bucs uniforms are a total disaster. They ditched the creamsicles for a good modern update with the pewter then flushed it down the toilet with their latest update.

The creamsicle uniforms were awful.  Current uniform is ok

12 hours ago, Warfish said:

What will be, will be.

I prefer the 80's logo to the 60's (and 90's variant) logos personally.

I'll never understand the hate of it, because lets be honest, apart form the one Super Bowl, it's not like we won so much more in the 60's/70's or 90's/00's/10's to call one logo trash and the other something else.  JMO. 

But if we get a completely new logo, c'est la vie.  We're the Jets, a Jet-shaped or Fighter-plane-shaped logo might be ok tbqh.

Time marches on.  Change is inevitable.  All one can do is deal with it.

I'd take the 80's logo/uni in Hunter Green please.

I HATE Kelly green.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

tempGSC32597--nfl_mezz_1280_1024_1492129

hogan-browns.jpg?itok=Yc-rainH

Beyond the awful 80s Richard Todd logo, the fear is that the current fashion trend in NFL uniforms is to put the name of the team on the jersey and/or pants.  I can see the conversation between the Jets and Nike now....

"Hey Mr. Johnson, you're really fortunate in that the team name, Jets, is only 4 letters long.  So it can go on the pants and the jerseys.  Hey!  Remember that dumb chant that the drunks love so much?  How about a nice big J!-E!-T!-S! right across the front!  Genius!"

I'm going to throw up in my mouth.

SAR I

In nike’s Interest to make the design as faddish as possible so in four years—BOOM!—another “update.”

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

It looks like they’ll go to a lighter shade of green. All of their marketing in the past 2 years has included lighter and brighter green as a part of our identity. Add in that our color rush makes Twitter swoon and that’s where we’re probably headed. 

1 hour ago, Hackenberg said:

Lop your example is horrible. That's your idea of better? I. Sure they'l just go back to the 80s look.....or they might even do a Titans thing

Dude, your in the minority. Most people like this design. It doesn't have to be exactly this design, maybe tweaked a bit, but you can do all kinds of designs off of this one for items like Tshirts, polos, sweatshirts, all of the clothing items for fans that don't buy jerseys. I'm not a jersey guy, I like regular clothing stuff, I can wear whenever. 

2 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

True. But they also need to change the logo back to the 80s one. The current one is terrible. It’s too busy and looks horrible on hats and tshirt designs. 

They would get sales from just that logo change. I don’t like wearing jerseys. And I’m always looking for throwback Merch instead of the current logo. Just looks cleaned IMO. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

If they keep the same uniform template, went to kelly green and went with a green helmet with the 80's logo I'd be cool with that. The two stripe pant is just classic football. Anything too busy is where it gets messy. 

39 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I'd take the 80's logo/uni in Hunter Green please.

I HATE Kelly green.

I will be as shocked as I am disappointed if the best the Jets marketing department can come up with is to reissue that lame-ass logo. Also hope they don't go with any of the alternative logos that have been floating around for a while now like: 

image.png or Image result for ny jets alternate logo

I'm really hoping for/expecting something completely new. Maybe a third color, if not something really bold maybe just a combination of hunter and kelly green. 

21 minutes ago, slats said:

I will be as shocked as I am disappointed if the best the Jets marketing department can come up with is to reissue that lame-ass logo. Also hope they don't go with any of the alternative logos that have been floating around for a while now like: 

image.png or Image result for ny jets alternate logo

I'm really hoping for/expecting something completely new. Maybe a third color, if not something really bold maybe just a combination of hunter and kelly green. 

A third color? They tried that once with the black and it was bleh. Any additional 3rd color is already kind of taken anyways. We’d look like the Packers with gold trim, the Eagles with silver and The Hurricanes with orange. 

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

A third color? They tried that once with he black and it was bleh. Any additional 3rd color is already kind of taken anyways. We’d look like the Packers with gold trim, the Eagles with silver and The Hurricanes with orange. 

I'd hate the black again, and agree they wouldn't do gold or silver/gray for the reasons you cite. Probably won't be orange, although you could make a case for it as a NY team color (Mets, Knicks, Islanders). Also, the Jets originally chose their kelly green & white unis because Sonny Werblin was born on St. Patrick's Day - and the third color of the Irish flag is....  orange! 

But yeah, that's probably not happening. Lol. 

Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure the Jets and Colts are the only teams out there with a single color (besides white). Not much you can really do with that from a design or marketing standpoint. Having a second shade of green as an additional color wouldn't surprise me at all. 

• Upvote 1

Teams also rarely change logos...pick one and stick with it. Tweak the uniforms if you must but any drastic change to some fighter jet and chrome college nonsense would look total Bush league which for the Jets would make sense unfortunately.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 7/29/2018 at 6:32 PM, freestater said:

Lol, I hear ya. I'm done with new ones until Nike is gone. Just hate the fit of the new ones. I like the old Reebok jerseys. My old 28 is the only one I wear any more.

I’m wondering if they go fullchwngw and actually put a fighter jet on the helmet and now letters or words... I love a white face mask though 

• Upvote 1