Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Anyone else having vivid dreams about the Jets new uniforms?  I keep seeing them, I keep liking them, but then I wake up and can only remember fragments.

SAR I

Is it weird that my vivid dreams about the new uniforms all involve you modeling them?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Im not big fan of the weird two shades of green, what is the deal with have that stripe on the soldier that is always a diff color?  Also since we are so far away from the beginning of this thread here is a reminder of what the blacks looked like last year. How but we just roll with these. with black helmet and white logo. 

From post by @joewilly12 on page 31

DmLkqa_XcAA6JI2.jpg&key=9452e5d400f85348

What if this is the uniform? I think you guys would like it:

blackout-uniforms-for-every-nfl-team-2.j

Or this just replace ble with green

8508555.jpg

It's been reported by a few people that the Jets will have a black alternate uniform, so I expect black accents on their primary uniforms, but I wouldn't expect black jerseys or a black helmet. 

Also, black is the most boring choice they could make. It's used by more NFL teams than any other color. It lacks all imagination, and I'm not gonna like it. I didn't like it in the Coslet/Kotite days, either. 

yc9GwCPPwJ39_hvKtVBBBaMYMMtZKlEuiWJOEmyt

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Viermoo said:

I’d be ecstatic if this was the new uniform.

87EA1FC6-B6C8-4DFA-8D4C-C6A1703D3344.jpeg

Not me. I sort of hate black uniforms and IMO does not fit the Jets at all. But black is the millenial color of choice so I am sure the rumors of a black alternate are true. I just hope they go with the green and grey they hint at in the video.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Not me. I sort of hate black uniforms and IMO does not fit the Jets at all. But black is the millenial color of choice so I am sure the rumors of a black alternate are true. I just hope they go with the green and grey they hint at in the video.

NO gray we are GREEN and WHITE the black seems like the choice and the practice jerseys were a preview, black over gray. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 2/20/2019 at 12:55 PM, kelly said:

e54b981048881df0685f3242bf230874--sports

I could rock that uniform.... Hell, my 7 year old daughter has a daddy/daughter dance tonight and she HAD to take me shopping last weekend so I could find a tie that matched her fuchsia bow on her dress....  Talk about one determined girl.  Jordyn: Dad you need a white shirt, fuchsia tie, black pants, and black shoes.... oh yea, make sure you have black socks too....GO JETS!

16 hours ago, johnnysd said:

No millennial wants black on anything. Millennials like bright colors that older generations deemed too feminine.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Black is a millennial color?

In what regard? Certainly not in terms of clothing... Or anything for that matter.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’m still holding out hope there’s no black alternate. What exactly is the need for them? Do the 49ers black unis look that good? That’s basically what we will get but with green numbers. 

I personally lover their black alternates.  I wish there was a bit more color in them like an etching around the red numbers, but ea.  I dont hate them

I'm just kinda over this all at this point.  No one uniform is going to be approved by this entire forum, or fan base in general, and I'm almost positive there is going to be at least one unbearable person being vocal about how terrible it is, so its going to put a damper on anything that will be announced.

Then again, you could replace talking about the uniform in the above paragraph with anything else, and the statement still holds true.

• Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’m still holding out hope there’s no black alternate. What exactly is the need for them? Do the 49ers black unis look that good? That’s basically what we will get but with green numbers. 

Actually they do, and I'm not a person who loves every black uniform I see.

9bbc459788840c0d8b2a439b360fcc8f--forty-

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Without making a blanket statement, most millennials like the fluorescent colors from childhood the the mid 80s to mid 90s. Black doesn't seem to be on that spectrum. 

I'd love to see the kelly green come back with an F16 grey accent.

28 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I personally lover their black alternates.  I wish there was a bit more color in them like an etching around the red numbers, but ea.  I dont hate them

I'm just kinda over this all at this point.  No one uniform is going to be approved by this entire forum, or fan base in general, and I'm almost positive there is going to be at least one unbearable person being vocal about how terrible it is, so its going to put a damper on anything that will be announced.

Then again, you could replace talking about the uniform in the above paragraph with anything else, and the statement still holds true.

Hmmmm I wonder who you could be talking about? Let me take one guess....

I'm a Chiefs fan, but I really hope that whatever your redesign ends up being...that is it fairly simple, clean and crisp.  The best branding isn't a bunch of crazy colors, or black for the sake of black.  It's all been done and it doesn't hold up.  The crapiest uniforms in sports are ALWAYS some team that thinks switching to arena leauge type cartoon garbage that is supposed to appeal to "the kids".  

That crap is popular for about 5 minutes and then everyone realize how stupid it actually looks.  The Buccaneers come to mind right away.  

I always thought the 80's jets kelly green was an incredible look.  I've seen some updated, modern clean versioins of that on here and I hope that is what you all go with.  

The black, or the two tone wierd green shades with gray are purely garbage....the fighter jet logos all suck too.  Jets is a reference to the metropolitan city that New York is...it says we are big and sophisticated....the fighter jet in this case....diminishes that.  

It's the same reason the Giants are such a good brand...it's simple, classic, iconic and the message isn't complicated.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

welcome to the board Zerovoltz - totally agree.  I hope they keep tradition.. stripes.. green and white.  And i'm a fan of the 80's logo that I stole on my signature (sorry to the person who I stole it from..)

But yeah.. when I look at NFL uniforms.. traditional LIKE the chiefs/bears/packers...honestly I even prefer the 80's/90's seahawk uniforms over what they got now...the classic looks great.. and I pray we do not go the college nike way of bezerk design and change the uniform and design every 2 years because it doesn't age well.

3fd9e65e5b4cf39f78102f817176dcc0--new-york-jets-s.jpg

1996.keyshawn-johnson.jpg

1782490_display_image.jpg

^^basically some modern version of this with a classic look... BUUUUT before others freak out.. I wouldn't mind the classic design of the white helmets and current logo either.. I just prefer this logo over the current one.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'm a Chiefs fan, but I really hope that whatever your redesign ends up being...that is it fairly simple, clean and crisp.  The best branding isn't a bunch of crazy colors, or black for the sake of black.  It's all been done and it doesn't hold up.  The crapiest uniforms in sports are ALWAYS some team that thinks switching to arena leauge type cartoon garbage that is supposed to appeal to "the kids".  

That crap is popular for about 5 minutes and then everyone realize how stupid it actually looks.  The Buccaneers come to mind right away.  

I always thought the 80's jets kelly green was an incredible look.  I've seen some updated, modern clean versioins of that on here and I hope that is what you all go with.  

The black, or the two tone wierd green shades with gray are purely garbage....the fighter jet logos all suck too.  Jets is a reference to the metropolitan city that New York is...it says we are big and sophisticated....the fighter jet in this case....diminishes that.  

It's the same reason the Giants are such a good brand...it's simple, classic, iconic and the message isn't complicated. 

usatsi_112215751.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Great post.  And it's why we don't need new uniforms at all.  As you likely know, AFL uniforms got it right.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually they do, and I'm not a person who loves every black uniform I see.

9bbc459788840c0d8b2a439b360fcc8f--forty-

This is a really stupid, little detail but although I love black unis, I dont like the solid one color number. They remind me of high school jerseys. Would look much better with a secondary color (white) outline. 

Stupid little hang ups like this is the reason that fans will never, ever agree on a uniform. The only thing guaranteed about the new uniform is that a 3rd of this board will hate it, a 3rd will love it and a 3rd will say I dont care at all, just win.