Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

When a QB gets you a 10 point lead on the road with under 4 minutes to play in a divisional playoff game your shut-down Sack Exchange super legendary all-time greatest defense is supposed to seal the deal and go to Denver.  Gastineau's horrible, selfish hit cost us a trip to the Super Bowl as we'd crushed Denver earlier that season.

Instead it's Elway and The Drive and the Giants and the legend of Lawrence Taylor.  And that's why no one wants to see those horrific 80s uniforms or that swoosh logo ever again.  Nightmares.

SAR I

The QB didn't do that, I believe we scored 10 before ken came in and our lone TD drive with him was a one play run by Freeman after a turnover.  Ken was brutally bad in that game with a million opportunities to do something.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

The QB didn't do that, I believe we scored 10 before ken came in and our lone TD drive with him was a one play run by Freeman after a turnover.  Ken was brutally bad in that game with a million opportunities to do something.

I'm not saying he played great, however he came in off the bench after Pat Ryan went out with an injury and he was good enough to lead the Jets to a 10 point lead with 4 minutes left in a game in an era where that was considered a done-deal.  Gastineau was a marked man, he knew that, and he had no business finishing Kosar with a "look at me" moment to be in the spotlight on TV.  All he had to do was back off and the game was going to be over, we'd have gotten the ball back, run Freeman a few times, and there wasn't going to be any time for any comeback.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Jason Taylor.  Made some big plays and acted like a true teammate and leader on a team that came within a hair of making it to the Super Bowl in 2010. 

Mark Gastineau is David Kingman. A glamorous star who’s poster hung on your youth bedroom wall who delivered absolutely nothing.

If it’s okay with you I would like to get back to discussing uniforms instead of listening to you ramble about terrible Jets players from the past.

SAR I

You should stick to uniform talk. 

You have no idea 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Like Stanton when the Yankees are up by 10 runs.

I'll give Stanton more time but yes the way Stanton was last year and the way ARod was outside of his great 2009 run.  Jason Taylor played in 9 postseason games and never registered a single sack. He was also a leader of that  always folded in big spots.

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm not saying he played great, however he came in off the bench after Pat Ryan went out with an injury and he was good enough to lead the Jets to a 10 point lead with 4 minutes left in a game in an era where that was considered a done-deal.  Gastineau was a marked man, he knew that, and he had no business finishing Kosar with a "look at me" moment to be in the spotlight on TV.  All he had to do was back off and the game was going to be over, we'd have gotten the ball back, run Freeman a few times, and there wasn't going to be any time for any comeback.

SAR I

He as awful, the only TD "drive" was a handoff to Freeman on the first play after a turnover.  I somewhat agree w/ you on Gastineau, I do think he was overrated.  he sacrificed team goals for individual accomplishment and this is something he admits today but that penalty gave Cleveland a 1st down still deep in their own territory, the D blew it those last 2 drives but we had numerous chances in OT offensively and I'm not sure we even got a 1st down.  Ken was really bad, it wasn't a coincidence that we lost our last 5 of the reg season averaging 9.4 PPG on O then scored 28 on O in the WC win once Ken was replaced.

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The 1st time being a Jet fan that I literally lost my sh*t after losing that game. Games like that one are why the Jets are a joke to fans outside of NY & NJ. When Freeman crossed that goal line I was already celebrating. 

Gastineau didn't take one step, the dude took like 2 1/2 steps before knocking Kosar on his can. It was so obviously stupid I wondered aloud if he had money on the Game. KC fans had a similar moment this year when Ford lined up offsides. Only difference is it was 2nd down & not 3rd but it still was an idiotic mistake & KC would have KILLED the Rams the 2nd time around with a hobbled Gurley & no Cooper Kupp. 

8 hours ago, Matthew007b said:

Month to go... I'm worried Nike is going to screw this up ? 

Be real bro... if Nike fu**ed up, it's already over.  Id bet somewhere at the J & J plant they have tractor trailers packed to the hilt, full of new sports gear, labeled Models, Fanatic, Dicks, etc.... just waiting to pull out of the warehouse.