Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm vehemently against a new color scheme. If they aren't green they aren't the Jets, IMO... I'm pretty confident they won't mess with that though.

I suspect you might be disappointed. They have shown the Titans uniforms for a reason. I think it will be mostly green and white, but would expect them to add a third or fourth color with gold making the most sense and possibly blue. The more variations they have the more sales they got. They are not just going to have green and white. JMO.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Do we have any ETA when we'll see the new design?  Is it going to just be August next year?

I thought I saw on the Jets twitter account next April is when this is happening.. probably before the draft but yeah we got a long ways to go sadly :(

You know what would be pretty cool? If Chris Johnson threw down some coin and bought 100 of those concussion-mediating helmets that Goodell pretends don’t exist because the league is contractually hog-tied to Riddell for their Paleolithic trash gear.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know what would be pretty cool? If Chris Johnson threw down some coin and bought 100 of those concussion-mediating helmets that Goodell pretends don’t exist because the league is contractually hog-tied to Riddell for their Paleolithic trash gear.

or we just went with the kelso lookf167f19a64db4df63dc317b2105ba4ef.jpg

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Pretty sure all the teams have these- players still have the choice of wearing whatever they want. I think they finally retired some of the old models that were still around in the late 90's etc which are concussion buckets. Brady's been grandfathered in.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Out.  Done with football.  Would focus on the Yankees and Rangers, maybe give the Knicks a try.

SAR I

SAR I 

I like the current uniforms they are the best in the NFL and hate to see us make an ugly change which seems like its going to happen. 

But out?  COME ON MAN 

I will not buy the new merchandise and continue to wear the old stuff which will always be available.

joewilly12 

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I suspect you might be disappointed. They have shown the Titans uniforms for a reason. I think it will be mostly green and white, but would expect them to add a third or fourth color with gold making the most sense and possibly blue. The more variations they have the more sales they got. They are not just going to have green and white. JMO.

I pray and suspect not. If the uniforms involve gold and navy... That absolutely sucks.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

anticoncussionhelmet.jpg

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

They've shown the Titans uniform because they're going to wear them.  This season.

23 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Gray! Incorporate gray with Chrome helmets!!! Please! Like Fighter Planes! Like the future! 

Not ******* kelly green again with another stupid new logo. Chrome Helmet with a logo evoking a fighter plane. 

Make it so. 

i said exactly the same couple pages ago, but would love some white / kelly stripes too

the green and white are relics from when werblin owned the team - he was born on st. patricks day. Leon Hess changed the colors of Hess to G+W to reflect the Jets colors.

Chris Johnson, has nada to do with Werblin and Hess besides the history. if he wants to make this his own team, he may take this opportunity, and depart from tradition.  I would imagine this decision comes from the very top of the org chart - the Johnsons.

• Sympathy 1

NY Jets uniforms ranked 11th best out of all 32 teams. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-redskins/photos-ranking-all-32-nfl-uniforms#slide-1

PHOTOS: Ranking all 32 NFL uniforms

1/41

Best & Worst: Ranking all 32 NFL uniforms

Best & Worst: Ranking all 32 NFL uniforms

Take a look at the best, and the worst, uniforms in the NFL. 

32: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

32: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

If you were to take someone who has never watched a football game to the Bucs-Jags preseason game that took place on August 8th, they would be scarred forever and never go to a game again. It was like Super Bowl XLIX: Worst Jerseys version. In my mind, the Bucs edge the Jags by a late field goal. For those of you wondering, no, it's not the angle or a mistake, the helmets are supposed to have that weird stripe on it. And I'm no expert dresser, but one thing I've always been taught is to never wear red with orange; apparently the Bucs didn't know that. From top to bottom, these are absolutely hideous. 

31: Jacksonville Jaguars

31: Jacksonville Jaguars

The Jacksonville Jaguars should send a Christmas card to whoever designed the Buccaneers uniform, because if the Bucs uni's weren't redesigned into possibly the worst look in professional sports, the Jags would easily occupy the bottom spot of this list. That helmet is bad, like Chad Henne trying to complete a pass while under pressure bad. The sleeves, the numbers outlined in gold, and the trim on the pants are also terrible. But good lord, that helmet is bad. So, so bad. 

30: Cincinnati Bengals

30: Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals uniforms have been bad for a long, long time. The helmets with the stripes have reached infamous status, but the team has done nothing to change them. Unfortunately, the stripes have also made their way down on the shoulder pads and pants, too. Maybe Jay Gruden left Cincy because he couldn't stand this clownish look any longer. 

29: Tennessee Titans

29: Tennessee Titans

It's as if the Titans said to themselves, "You know, I really like having one odd shade of blue on our uniforms, but I would really love it if we could have two odd shades of blue on there, is that possible?" Then, instead of wearing white pants to neutralize the bad jersey, the team decided to let the blues infiltrate the pants, too. Throw that in with the flaming sword thing that is the Titans logo, and it all adds up to a poorly conceived uniform. 

28: Arizona Cardinals

28: Arizona Cardinals

Whoa, first of all, that's a lot of red. But even when the Cardinals wear their white pants, these uniforms straddle the line between old school and new age: the old fashioned, plain helmets look like they were made in the 70s or 80s, while the rest of the set is fairly modern. It's as if the Cards can't decide which style to go with, so they decided to use a little bit of both. Unfortunately, neither works. 

27: Carolina Panthers

27: Carolina Panthers

The Panthers color scheme is pretty awesome, as is their logo, but for some reason, their uniforms come across as cheap looking. There isn't any logo or emblems or cool lettering to look at on the jersey itself, making the uncreative look more suitable for a Pop Warner team than an NFL team. A lot left to be desired here. 

26: Atlanta Falcons

26: Atlanta Falcons

The Falcons are another example of a uniform with a helmet and jersey combo that don't match up well. The helmet would benefit from a screaming falcon in mid-flight or something more intimidating/exciting than that feathery "F" decal. And the shoulder of the jersey, where there is a white stripe, a black stripe, lots of red, and a mini Falcons logo is really crowded. 

25: Philadelphia Eagles

25: Philadelphia Eagles

Green is a great color for uniforms when pulled off correctly (see: Celtics, Packers), but sorry LeSean McCoy, the Eagles choice of green is pretty Shady. In addition, the helmets would look better if the team logo was slapped on the side instead of the wings coming out of the center. When it comes to uni's, there's not a lot of love for the team from Philly. 

24: St Louis Rams

24: St Louis Rams

The Rams rocked this blue on blue look for the majority of their games last year, and joins the long list of teams that tried, and failed, to wear pants that matched their jersey. C'mon guys, white pants never hurt anybody. Plus, the swirling horns on the helmet produce a dizzying effect. 

23: Minnesota Vikings

23: Minnesota Vikings

Poor Vikings fans, not only do they have to deal with the notion of Matt Cassel being their starting QB, but they have to look at less than stellar uniforms. When it comes to jersey colors, purple is a real X factor: if it is well done, it's a color that can elevate a team's uniform to glory, but if it's not, watch out. In my eyes, the Vikings uniforms don't make great use of the color; in addition, the Viking horns on the side of the helmet look more like a comma than they do a sweet piece of headgear. 

22: Seattle Seahawks

22: Seattle Seahawks

The Seahawks unveiled these new jerseys in 2012, and went from an average jersey to arguably the league's most intriguing look. No one can fault Seattle for having bland uniforms, but to me, they tried to do too much. The pants feature a neon stripe up the side with some sort of unidentifiable shape, the numbers have stripes that are unique but unnecessary, and the gray line across the shoulder blade doesn't look good. Champions of the NFL: Yes. Champions of the Jersey Rankings: No. 

21: Denver Broncos

21: Denver Broncos

The Broncos color scheme is very similar to that of Chicago's, but they don't do nearly as good a job executing it. The orange stripe on the side is reaching Albert Haynesworthian levels of thickness, and this design is one they've had since Elway. It's time to switch things up in Denver. 

20: Indianapolis Colts

20: Indianapolis Colts

Not much to see here: an all blue top with two stripes on each shoulder pad isn't memorable but it's not horrible, either. Despite having a very lame logo (a horse shoe? That's the best they could do?), the Colts jersey's aren't offensive; they're just, kind of, there. 

19: Houston Texans

19: Houston Texans

Aside from the Browns, the Texans have the NFL's most conservative look. The thick red stripe around the collar is pretty bad, but besides that there's nothing noteworthy going on here. 

18: Baltimore Ravens

18: Baltimore Ravens

The Ravens make better use of purple than the Vikes did, as they use a darker shade than Minnesota. However, the gold outline around the numbers isn't quite pulled off, and the while the logo on the helmets isn't an eyesore, they would look much better with the shield the team uses at their 50 yard line. 

17: Dallas Cowboys

17: Dallas Cowboys

America's team, the most recognizable uniform in sports, blah blah. It's just a star, people. Sure, it's a look people know, but once you get past the star there's some pretty questionable features in this design, including an awkward white stripe down the center of a gray helmet, and some awful stripes on the shoulder. Much like their quarterback, these jerseys look worse and worse the more you analyze them. 

16: Cleveland Browns

16: Cleveland Browns

The Browns are not just one of the most plain jerseys in the NFL, but probably in all of sports. I mean, their team logo is just an orange helmet, and their team name is a color. Even Bill Belichick is bored. However, Cleveland's lack of creativity in their uniforms prevents them from rolling out an ugly look, so therefore, they rank right in the middle of the pack as the league's most average jersey. Don't underestimate the power of Johnny Football though; he'll help move these things off the rack in bunches anyway. 

15: Detroit Lions

15: Detroit Lions

The Lions and their Honolulu blue colored uniforms are one logo change away from being amongst the league's elite. The only problem is instead of a roaring, proud Lion on the helmet, the team opted for a design that looks more like a feisty blue kitten. But the silver and blue is a good combo, and the numbers are different yet stylish. 

14: Miami Dolphins

14: Miami Dolphins

When a team features a unique color as heavily as the Dolphins do with teal in this look they debuted last year, people usually love it or hate it. I personally am a fan, and think it looks fresh and original. The team took a risk and it paid off, as it's certainly a big time upgrade from what the team was wearing before the reboot. 

13: New England Patriots

13: New England Patriots

Due to the franchise's success over the past 15 years or so, NFL fans are used to seeing New England's uni's on their TV's, and that's not a bad thing. A team will always get bonus points for incorporating red, white, and blue into their jerseys ('cause 'Merica), and the logo is cool, too. 

12: New York Giants

12: New York Giants

The New York Giants and their deep royal blue go together like Eli Manning and pouty faces. The helmets sport a simple yet classic logo, the hint of red down the center of the helmets gives the headgear some nice symmetry, and while the jerseys don't have a ton going on, the simple look is pulled of well by the G-Men. 

11: New York Jets

11: New York Jets

The J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets choice of green is much better than the E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles' choice of green, setting the tone for a strong look. The logo is retro and the shoulders aren't too busy, a mistake many other teams make. 

10: Pittsburgh Steelers

10: Pittsburgh Steelers

These black and gold uniforms are intimidating and go well with the team's hard-nosed reputation. Despite the peculiar font used for the numbers, the team gains creativity points for having a helmet with the logo only on one side, the only one of its kind in the league, and for a color scheme that comes together beautifully. 

9: San Francisco 49ers

9: San Francisco 49ers

The 49ers colors are some of the more recognizable in all of sports, and for good reason. The team's red tops are timeless, and the "SF" logo has been around forever. Coach Jim Harbaugh can get mad and yell about a lot of things, but he can't get angry about how his team looks. 

8: Kansas City Chiefs

8: Kansas City Chiefs

The Chiefs uniforms seem to have been the same since they entered the league, but that's not an issue here. The arrowhead logo makes for a fine looking helmet, the bright red is outstanding, the subtle yellow outline on the numbers is an underappreciated touch. 

7: Chicago Bears

7: Chicago Bears

Da Bears! The dark navy and orange is a brilliant combination. The orange trim on the numbers make them pop, and the stripes on the shoulder pads and socks are well executed. And that "C" on the helmet is an ageless look. 

6: Washington Redskins

6: Washington Redskins

The intense burgundy combined with the rich gold is a wonderful look. Now that the team has started to wear the gold pants much more often, it's a look that has gotten even better. And finally, the Redskins ace the most overlooked part of the NFL uniform: the socks. Much like their quarterback, the Skins' sock game is on point. 

5: San Diego Chargers

5: San Diego Chargers

If this were a list ranking alternate jerseys, the Chargers and their power blue would no doubt be No. 1. Even so, the Chargers standard navy uniforms are pretty electric too, as the bolt on the helmet draws your attention, and the hints of gold throughout the jersey make it pop. 

4: Green Bay Packers

4: Green Bay Packers

Green and yellow isn't a pair that normally works, but Green Bay came up with this design years ago and stuck to it because it's an excellent look. It feels like this is a jersey that will never go out of style. 

3: New Orleans Saints

3: New Orleans Saints

The Saints are probably the only team in football who can pull off wearing pants the same color as their jersey; doing so normally leads to color overkill, but the Saints black on black home uniforms are extremely sharp. The gold helmet and fleur-de-lis logo is a super look, too. 

2: Buffalo Bills

2: Buffalo Bills

While the Bills as a team are pretty awful, fans can at least take solace in having one of the league's most underrated uniforms. The team went to this retro look a few years ago, and in doing so became one of the NFL's best dressed squads. The helmet is perfect, and the red, white and blue jerseys are tremendous, too. While most teams have trouble choosing how to incorporate stripes, the Bills have it all figured out. Ranking them this high may come as a surprise to some, but it shouldn't be. 

1: Oakland Raiders

1: Oakland Raiders

The Raiders and their silver and black come in at number one on this list, and in my mind it's not really close. Having a uniform that never changes is good for many reasons, but most importantly, fans of any age have memories that are drawn back to the same look.; it's a lasting look. Congratulations Oakland, you have the NFL's best uniforms. 
prev
next

MORE SLIDESHOWS

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2018 at 1:10 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

Kinda wish I'd held off on buying the Darnold jersey now that I know it'll be obsolete in a year. Thanks Jets.

Personally I love our uniforms -- I think the home (green on white) and road (white on white) are awesome -- I'd ditch the pickle pants, but I think our base uniforms are great.

Honestly, the all white-out ones (with the white facemasks, etc.) were sexy as hell.

No it will be classic.. It will be the first jersey Darnold wore.  Try to get it autographed by him and frame it.... 

2 minutes ago, LWC611 said:

I know I am going to be killed for this, but I actually like the Titans uniforms.  If they went back to that color combination I would not be upset...

I love the Titans uniform also. It is a classic style uniform, not to fancy and very old fashioned. I highly doubt the Jets would change the color scheme to that extent. 

14 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'll say flat out that any new uniforms with blue or gold will suck ass. I have no interest in new colors. 

I dont either, 99.99% sure they stick with the colors we're known for.

Which is a lot different that saying we couldnt have a uniform that looks great based on blue or gold, off of these colors

Jim_Leonhard_return_Jets-Dolphin_game,_Nov_2009_-_011.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont either, 99.99% sure they stick with the colors we're known for.

Which is a lot different that saying we couldnt have a uniform that looks great based on blue or gold, off of these colors

I mean I thought the NY Titans throwbacks were putrid. I'd be honestly furious if we went that direction.

But yeah, I think green and white are strongly associated with the team in a way that it would do damage to change that, and I don't think they will. The strongest I could see them going would be to add black or silver to the uniform to spice it up -- I'd be very surprised if they went with another strong primary color.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I’ll neg-rep you

Hey theres a way to argue against any change, post as many god awful green uniforms you can find on the web and predict that ours will be that god awful

And threaten to neg rep it.  

• Upvote 1