Adams doing something very classy

Bugg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BigO said:

Well you keep pushing when you should learn to let it go. Some things are funny some are just rude. How does it feel?

Dude, we were going back and fourth with each other in an entirely different thread...6 HOURS ago lmao and you are telling me to let things go? this seriously can’t be your excuse?

You sound like a huge puss right now. I took each interaction with you as light and playful joking and you were secretly offended this entire time??

You’ve got some issues, my man. You are coming off super thin skinned, weak minded, and insecure it’s quite sad tbh. See, the difference between us is I don’t care about any of this and you care enough to say what you just said...

Insult me all you want but the minute you disregard how others who may have family with cerebral palsy feel and blindly and insensitively involve that into your insults is when it is crossing the line.

Grow a pair and more importantly grow up.

2 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I see aside from being a grade A prick, you also lack basic reading comprehension skills.

The post in question:

Screenshot_20180731-011214~2.png

Your not worth fighting with have a nice night. 

16 minutes ago, BigO said:

You’ve been bitching since the moment I criticized Adams. You’ve gone out of your way to insult me, neg rep me, make lame jokes because of my viewpoint and now you’re accusing me of going over the edge. LOL talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Oh one more thing Jamal Adams is a BUST. I’ll take it off. Meant no harm to anyone. As far as growing up, you should take your own advice. 

You do realize me picking at you this morning had nothing to do with Jamal Adams right? You do realize that is still the poorest excuse in the world to involve cerebral palsy into a joke. 

“You negative rep me when you don’t agree with me...*sniffle* so I’m going to crack a joke involving a kid with a mental issue.

There is no proper situation where making a joke involving cerebral palsy is ******* acceptable. Plus, I urge you to try not to play the victim too hard over there because you have negative repped me and pick at me just as much. So it’s alright for you to come at me but when I come back, you catch amnesia and forget everything that was said on your end? Point blank I chalked it up to playful internet jesting and you cried in a corner and wrote down ways to get me back. 

Its sad and you just made yourself look like such a petty dirtbag. Congratulations. You win.

and btw, I love how you say that I started this yet I purposely let you have the last word in the other thread because...

1.) you are never witty enough to keep me interested and 2.) you resorted to name calling and actually got butt hurt so I figured I would defuse the situation by ignoring it all together. 

So who really started it?

You are a insecure douche and you welcomed the entire board to seeing that. Now it’s midnight and i’m tired and finished talking about this nonsense with you. Feel free to comment back because we all know your insecure mentality will not be contained long enough to actually act 60 years old instead of 6 years old.

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

You do realize me picking at you this morning had nothing to do with Jamal Adams right? You do realize that is still the poorest excuse in the world to involve cerebral palsy into a joke. 

“You negative rep me when you don’t agree with me, so I’m going to crack a joke involving a kid with a mental issue” 

There is no proper situation where making a joke involving cerebral palsy is ******* acceptable. Plus, I urge you to try now to play the victim too hard over there because you have negative repped me and pick at me just as much. So it’s alright for you to come at me but when I come back you catch amnesia and forget everything that was said on your end? Point blank I chalked it up to playful internet jesting and you cried in a corner and wrote down ways to get me back. 

Its sad and you just made yourself look like such a petty dirtbag. Congratulations. You win.

and btw, I love how you say that I started this yet I purposely let you have the last word in the other thread because you

1.) you are never witty enough to keep me interested and 2.) you resorted to name calling and actually got butt hurt so I figured I would defuse the situation by ignoring it all together. 

So who really started it?

You are a insecure douche and you welcomed the nentire board to seeing that. Now it’s midnight and i’m tired and finished talking about this nonsense with you. Feel free to comment back because we all know your insecure mentality will not be contained long enough to actually act 60 years old instead of 6 years old.

LOL you really are a Killa. You were so offended months ago when I criticized Adams that you just couldn’t let it go. As if no one has a right to their opinion, on a message board no less. You’ve escalated this nonsense and continue to try and blame me and pretend you had no ill feelings. At least be a man about it. Your comments say otherwise. Sure it was uncalled for but you yourself have said things that are equivalently disgusting. You’ve been a sensitive from day one. Have I finally caught your attention? 

12 minutes ago, BigO said:

LOL you really are a Killa. You were so offended months ago when I criticized Adams that you just couldn’t let it go. As if no one has a right to their opinion, on a message board no less. You’ve escalated this nonsense and continue to try and blame me and pretend you had no ill feelings. At least be a man about it. Your comments say otherwise. Sure it was uncalled for but you yourself have said things that are equivalently disgusting. You’ve been a sensitive little biatch from day one. Have I finally caught your attention? 

I assure you there have only been a handful of times that I have even picked at you for disliking Adams and people that sided with you on the Adams topic will even tell you that. You want me to be a man about it and you are calling me an insensitive bitch yet after I gave you the last word, you still name dropped me in that disgusting joke 6 hours later, who has the audacity to do that and then say man up? You are sick and delusional bro.

And I assure you that I have never said anything as equally as sick as making fun of a child with cerebral palsy. That level of ****ery is reserved for you and only you. The ideology behind your insult holds no weight, dude. You still involved a child with cerebral palsy in your sorry attempt to attack some guy on the internet. Be proud of yourself. I don’t know anyone else who can actually stomach themselves and pull that off. 

I had no ill feelings, you are just thin skinned and took it the wrong way. Again, I don’t give a rats ass about some weird 60 year old on the internet not liking Jamal Adams. Do you realize the stretch of imagination you are trying to use as an excuse here for being a cry baby? And you continue to prove that you are my puppet and you dance when I tell you to otherwise you would stop commenting but you can’t get enough.

Just now, BigO said:

You really are a little biatch. Spoiled as the day is long. I bet you got beat up a lot when you were younger since you still continue to push people’s boundaries and think nothing of it. That’s fine. You will learn. 

You try to explain who I am but in the same breath you have also explained who YOU are...

goodnight, princess. Don’t forget to be a good little puppet now and respond back.?

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

You try to explain who I am but in the same breath you have also explained who YOU are...

goodnight, princess. Don’t forget to be a good little puppet now and respond back.?

I thought you were going to bed with your Jamal Adams doll? You’re back again? Here I got you a gift. No hard feelings. Sleep well. 

https://www.amazon.com/Jamal-Adams-York-Generation-Figure/dp/B071FVFTJ2

A few things I've seen in this thread...

1. Jamal Adams is awesome.

2. There are some things you shouldn't joke about.

3. Some people here can dish it like Tyson but can't take it...ever.

4. This board needs a 'Steel Cage' and a Politics forum in the worst freaking way. 

6 hours ago, BigO said:

Never took you for a mush. McCown seems like a straight up dude. Perfect back up QB. 

Big time.  Cry at chick flicks

Dont see humor in making fun of someone with disabilities.  Someone being nice to them makes me extremely happy

You really are a little biatch. Spoiled as the day is long. I bet you got beat up a lot when you were younger since you still continue to push people’s boundaries and think nothing of it. That’s fine. You will learn. 
You guys need to get a room ... Thanks for ruining a great thread.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Adams made a nice PR move...on video no less.... but to date he still is a wasted 1st round pick.

God bless the people that choose careers to help those less fortunate than us.

Those are the real heroes not the athlete trying to make PR points.

By the way. This thread is what happens when people have too much time on their hands.

Grow up.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Big time.  Cry at chick flicks

Dont see humor in making fun of someone with disabilities.  Someone being nice to them makes me extremely happy

Almost cried watching Sophie’s Choice. Great movie. 

The dark humor wasn’t directed at the kid. And Klec is right, I have to much time on my hands right now. Apologies to all who were offended. 

1 minute ago, BigO said:

Almost cried watching Sophie’s Choice. Great movie. 

The dark humor wasn’t directed at the kid. And Klec is right, I have to much time on my hands right now. Apologies to all who were offended. 

Let's get this straight, there's only one "Kleck" here. 

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Adams made a nice PR move...on video no less.... but to date he still is a wasted 1st round pick.

By the way. This thread is what happens when people have too much time on their hands.

Grow up.

Nice gesture on Adams part. Seems like a nice kid. I truly hope he blossoms but I just don’t see it happening. 

I worked with the disabled for a short spell. Very hard, couldn’t do it. Didn’t have the stomach. Takes a rare individual to work with them. Working with ADHD kids now and that’s pushing it for me. It just makes me very sad. Anyways thx for your comments. 

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

You guys need to get a room ... Thanks for ruining a great thread.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Excuse me, I didn’t ruin anything, my name was brought up in a sick joke about a kid with cerebral palsy and I simply pointed out the ridiculousness in that.

So before you go and throw me in with the stupidity of how this all got started you should probably be realistic.

Remember when this post was about a kid meeting his favorite player, and how much of a feel good story it is, and not about some tool who is trying to justify him joking about someone with a disability and making himself look worse and worse with each post he makes?

We should go back to that.

17 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Remember when this post was about a kid meeting his favorite player, and how much of a feel good story it is, and not about some tool who is trying to justify him joking about someone with a disability and making himself look worse and worse with each post he makes?

We should go back to that.

Last time I’m saying anything about this. It wasn’t directed at the kid. Was a bad joke towards a poster who has constantly crossed boundaries with me. I don’t appreciate being attacked on here and I rarely, if ever, start a verbal war. My fault for arguing with anyone under 35. Time to move on. 

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Grow up.

Assuming that #33 did this just to enhance his own PR is really really stupid.  

You may not like Adams performance on the field based on his draft position, but that has nothing to do with this video.  If you can't see that that Adams was sincere in his interaction with the fan, then you are f*cking blind as a bat. Adams is indeed a good guy and I like having his high character on this team.  

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

You may not like Adams performance on the field based on his draft position, but that has nothing to do with this video.  If you can't see that that Adams was sincere in his interaction with the fan, then you are f*cking blind as a bat. Adams is indeed a good guy and I like having his high character on this team.  

I couldn’t tell who was more happy, the fan or Jamal. That’s a man genuinely enjoying making someone happy. No PR move, just love and generosity between two human beings and that’s what this world needs more of. We tend to think the worst of each other like “Oh he did that for the camera” but there are probably a dozen situations where Jamal gave back to the fans without anyone recording it. I think it was being recorded mostly because it was a beautiful moment.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Don’t think Klec did that. He said it was a NICE PR move not a move to make himself look good. And even if he did, who cares. The kid got a big kick out of it and that’s all that counts. He just pointed out that often stuff like that is done exactly for that reason by players AND organizations. It’s practically impossible to differentiate one motive from the other. I’d just like to see them do it with no one knowing. It’d be more sincere. I’m sure that also happens. There’s a lot of celebrities that give tons of money away to ordinary people like Tom Cruise, Shaq, Clooney etc where it just leaks out without their intent to look philanthropic. Now that’s admirable. 

6 minutes ago, BigO said:

Don’t think Klec did that. He said it was a NICE PR move not a move to make himself look good. And even if he did, who cares. The kid got a big kick out of it and that’s all that counts. He just pointed out that often stuff like that is done exactly for that reason by players AND organizations. It’s practically impossible to differentiate one motive from the other. I’d just like to see them do it with no one knowing. It’d be more sincere. I’m sure that also happens. There’s a lot of celebrities that give tons of money away to ordinary people like Tom Cruise, Shaq, Clooney etc where it just leaks out without their intent to look philanthropic. Now that’s admirable. 

dude,  when one uses the phrase "nice PR move", the implication is that the person's motive for the action was to enhance his own PR.  Nobody says "nice PR move" if they don't intend to imply that this was the underlying motive.  Just stop already in this thread, brother Jets fan.  It's already a train wreck because of you.  Let it go.

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I really don’t think anyone here questions his motive. It was a sweet gesture and Adams seems like a nice kid. But let’s be realistic here. High character has little to do with team owners decision to keep a player or cut him. The Steelers are perfect examples of pontificating character and overlooked what Rothlisberger did and made an example of Holmes. Our own Robby Anderson would have been cut in a heartbeat if he was a borderline player. Not once but twice was he given rope. There’s plenty of nice people in the world who do things and don’t get paid millions for having high character. Adams can have all the character in the world, if he doesn’t produce, he’ll eventually get cut. There’s only so long any organization will try and save face for making a poor decision. 

I don't think it was a PR move.

Sunday it was the Linebackers who were assigned to come sign for the fans.  Adams and Maye were working on some drills after practice ended in the middle of the field.  A bunch of people were calling Adams over to sign.

After they were done, he teased people in the bleachers he was coming to sign, and then went to the far end of the field(opposite of the way they come in to  practice) and went over next to the bleachers and signed for everyone there, because there was more area for people to sand rather than against a railing looking to hand something down for him.  Took pictures with whoever wanted a pic with him, and conversed with the fans by him.  I've been going since 2009 and while there certainly are players who talk to the fans, other players(and a lot of the bigger names kinda keep their head down and just sign to make people happy.

Jamal was both signing for everyone, talking, and thanking everyone for coming out(genuinely, not the just in a PR kinda way), even as the sweat was pouring off of him.(Literally after he signed my football it was as if it was thrown into a pool, there was sweat everywhere, but he stayed and signed, long after i was working my way back tot he entrance to leave for the day.

I know he gets a lot of flak here, but he really is one damn good dude, and he is quickly becoming my favorite player on this team.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

dude,  when one uses the phrase "nice PR move", the implication is that the person's motive for the action was to enhance his own PR.  Nobody says "nice PR move" if they don't intend to imply that this was the underlying motive.  Just stop already in this thread, brother Jets fan.  It's already a train wreck because of you.  Let it go.

Cmon Klec is a good poster on here. I didn’t read it that way in the least. Organizations do this stuff all the time. They set up a batch of players going to hospitals schools etc. NICE PR moves. Get it. And I’m not taking all the blame for this train wreck as you say. Think what you like. 

Archived