Adams doing something very classy

Bugg

2 hours ago, BigO said:

Almost cried watching Sophie’s Choice. Great movie. 

The dark humor wasn’t directed at the kid. And Klec is right, I have to much time on my hands right now. Apologies to all who were offended. 

Thanks for the apology.  I don’t think you were trying to offend anybody but an apology goes  along long way   

Let’s save the genuine insults for Pats fans.  

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Charlie Brown said:

Thanks for the apology.  I don’t think you were trying to offend anybody but an apology goes  along long way   

No I wasn’t. Absolutely not. I’ve learned to apologize when I’m wrong. This offended many on here, especially the dad who has a kid with special needs. Very sorry for that.  I was wrong using the kid as a ploy. You’re a wise dude Charlie, no small wonder you were chosen to be a mod. 

Even if it was a PR move, it’s still good. He made this one individual extremely happy and may have motivated other people to donate money or volunteer. It’s also serves as a reality check if you are not around special needs kids/adults. 

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

Even if it was a PR move, it’s still good. He made this one individual extremely happy and probably motivated dozens of other people to donate or volunteer

No I don’t believe it was, not in the least. Chrisfaceoff’s encounter was proof of that. Would have been really cool if Adams would have told the kid ‘when I get my first interception, it’s yours.’ Kind of like Gehrig telling the kid in the hospital he’d hit a home run for him. Probably never happened but really cool. 

45 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Assuming that #33 did this just to enhance his own PR is really really stupid.  

You may not like Adams performance on the field based on his draft position, but that has nothing to do with this video.  If you can't see that that Adams was sincere in his interaction with the fan, then you are f*cking blind as a bat. Adams is indeed a good guy and I like having his high character on this team.  

Lol really? Maybe you should stop calling names like a child and then switch to decaf and then make a nice donation to UCP.

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I reserve the right to pick in Tebow fans too?

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Truth? Dude, you and your protectionism of Adams is one step away from Leave Brittany Alone status.

LOL.  I've been highly critical of Adams play on the field, so you don't even have a clue what you are talking about.  Leave at this: IMO, you made a dumb, some would say inappropriate, post in a thread that was intended to be a postive thread for Adams.  That's all.  Forget about it.  What you posted was irrelevant anyway.  I should have just resisted the urge to reply. 

7 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Adams made a nice PR move...on video no less.... but to date he still is a wasted 1st round pick.

God bless the people that choose careers to help those less fortunate than us.

Those are the real heroes not the athlete trying to make PR points.

By the way. This thread is what happens when people have too much time on their hands.

Grow up.

All that's fine and good, but the bottom line is he made that kid's life better, if even just for a day.  It's great to see.

4 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I don't think it was a PR move.

Sunday it was the Linebackers who were assigned to come sign for the fans.  Adams and Maye were working on some drills after practice ended in the middle of the field.  A bunch of people were calling Adams over to sign.

After they were done, he teased people in the bleachers he was coming to sign, and then went to the far end of the field(opposite of the way they come in to  practice) and went over next to the bleachers and signed for everyone there, because there was more area for people to sand rather than against a railing looking to hand something down for him.  Took pictures with whoever wanted a pic with him, and conversed with the fans by him.  I've been going since 2009 and while there certainly are players who talk to the fans, other players(and a lot of the bigger names kinda keep their head down and just sign to make people happy.

Jamal was both signing for everyone, talking, and thanking everyone for coming out(genuinely, not the just in a PR kinda way), even as the sweat was pouring off of him.(Literally after he signed my football it was as if it was thrown into a pool, there was sweat everywhere, but he stayed and signed, long after i was working my way back tot he entrance to leave for the day.

I know he gets a lot of flak here, but he really is one damn good dude, and he is quickly becoming my favorite player on this team.

Thank you for this! 

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

All that's fine and good, but the bottom line is he made that kid's life better, if even just for a day.  It's great to see.

Dont disagree one bit and anyone who doesnt is cold hearted. The most important thing here is how that guy felt in that moment and how he will be thinking of it for a lifetime.

It was pretty obvious he was over the moon.

However, I called it a PR move and I stand by it.

How is The NYJ posting the vid on their official FB not PR??

8 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Dont disagree one bit and anyone who doesnt is cold hearted. The most important thing here is how that guy felt in that moment and how he will be thinking of it for a lifetime.

9 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Thank you for the compelling counter point and dissection of my statement. Your insightful explanation of what is and what is not covered by the term "public relations" has reminded me that every day we can learn something new as long as we can keep an open mind.

18 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Adams made a nice PR move...on video no less.... but to date he still is a wasted 1st round pick.

God bless the people that choose careers to help those less fortunate than us.

Those are the real heroes not the athlete trying to make PR points.

By the way. This thread is what happens when people have too much time on their hands.

Grow up.

And you know this was nothing more than a PR move how?  WTF is the matter with people who can't look at something that on the surface is a nice move without feeling the need to shlt on it?

13 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Your implication was that it was a PR move by Adams, and your attempted proof misses the mark by a wide margin imho; the Jets social media people posting that video says nothing about Adams' intent.  The video itself looks like someone happened to see and record what Jamal Adams did, not that Adams had anything to do with it being recorded.  In fact, it appears from the video that he had no idea that it even was being recorded.

I will just say this and then I say please lets let it rest.

CP is a subject near and dear to me for personal reasons and like I said previously. Adams made that guys day, week, month and more.

Great gesture. 

So good that the NYJ saw fit to post the vid on their FB because it was a public relations coup.

I never stated they shouldnt have.

FB is a PR and advertising machine for corporate America.

Its not just you or I showing friends pictures from the zip line.

There is an old saying. Advertising is what you pay for, good PR is what you pray for.

If you fellas want to torch me for stating the obvious, objective, undeniable truth that it was used for PR I'll take it. However, denying it doesnt change the fact it was a feel good moment the NYJ used for PR.

Good day to all ☺

15 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I will just say this and then I say please lets let it rest.

CP is a subject near and dear to me for personal reasons and like I said previously. Adams made that guys day, week, month and more.

Great gesture. 

So good that the NYJ saw fit to post the vid on their FB because it was a public relations coup.

I never stated they shouldnt have.

FB is a PR and advertising machine for corporate America.

Its not just you or I showing friends pictures from the zip line.

There is an old saying. Advertising is what you pay for, good PR is what you pray for.

If you fellas want to torch me for stating the obvious, objective, undeniable truth that it was used for PR I'll take it. However, denying it doesnt change the fact it was a feel good moment the NYJ used for PR.

Good day to all ☺

Only jets fans jeeze

4 hours ago, roscoeword said:

I'm a Tebow fan, partly because he does stuff like this all the time.

I agree. I was just having some fun in my comment. I am a fan of Tebow as a person as well.

I didn’t want him as the Jets QB; but he is or appears to be a very good person. I actually never understood the level of dislike for the guy and still don’t. 

This was the hardest thread I have ever read.  It took a kind and tender moment and completely messed it up.  Between the insults and then the assumption that Adams act was not genuine.  Wow... 

We need to be better than this...

Sometimes a picture (or a video) is just that, a picture or video. Meant to represent a moment in time. 

Unfortunately, with today's over saturation of social media, there ARE many times that moments are created to sway us, to create a false image for personal gain or to falsely steer impressions.

My personal filter of these events is to analyze the genuine nature of these moments. In this case, Adams appears to genuinely enjoy the interaction and it is not a forced feeling opportunity. There is a natural feel and human element to the interaction. To me, that is the essence. Just look at the fan's reaction, which is priceless. Is there anything more that we should be thinking about, other than that?

Did the Jets "PR" use this as an opportunity to cast a positive light? Of course!!! In a world and sport that is lacking such "feel good" moments, why not share that? Are they to sit back and worry some may think this is a "staged" opportunity? 

It made me feel good. And sometimes, that is what the final analysis should be. Let's not be so overcritical that we lose the ability to think that way.

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I agree. I was just having some fun in my comment. I am a fan of Tebow as a person as well.

I didn’t want him as the Jets QB; but he is or appears to be a very good person. I actually never understood the level of dislike for the guy and still don’t. 

agreed !.. GREAT person... NOT an NFL QB   ?

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

Archived