Draft Elimination RND 1: JF80 vs. Jetlife33

Jetsfan80

Who wins this match in a virtual universe where these two teams meet?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this match in a virtual universe where these two teams meet?

• JF80
    • Jetlife33

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/31/2018 at 06:35 PM

RND 1; JF80 vs. @Jetlife33

JN: vote on who's all time drafted team you feel would win the match up.... you're assuming each player is entering this match up in their prime.

JF80

image.png.50a1f0a99bf5462f9d44cd5edd9d4037.png

OFFENSE

QB:  Brett Favre

RB:  Adrian Peterson

WR1:  Steve Smith

WR2:  Andre Rison

Slot WR:  Hines Ward

TE:  Dwight Clark

LT:  Tony Boselli

LG:  Brian Waters

C :  Travis Frederick

RG:  Marshal Yanda

RT:  Rayfield Wright

DEFENSE

DE:  Deacon Jones

DT:  Merlin Olsen

DT:  Kevin Williams

DE:  Mario Williams

OLB:  Cornelius Bennett

MLB:  Ken Norton, Jr.

OLB:  Greg Lloyd

CB1:  Ty Law

CB2:  Frank Minnifield

FS:  Sean Taylor

SS:  Donnie Shell

I'm running a standard 4-3 defense.  While teams with 3 WR's could potentially give be issues, Bennett and Lloyd (18 combined career INT's) will be effective in helping me on obvious passing downs.  I have guys who have Super Bowl experience (such as Favre, Ken Norton, Jr., Dwight Clark, Rison, Steve Smith, Hines Ward, etc) who I believe can help me win in a tournament setting. 

Jetlife33

OFFENSE

QB : Peyton Manning

RB : LaDainian Tomlinson

WR : Marvin Harrison

WR : Don Maynard 

WR : Jarvis Landry 

TE : Greg Olson 

LT : Walter Jones

LG : Andrew Norwell 

C : Bulldog Turner 

RG : Brandon Brooks 

RT : Mitchell Schwartz 

DEFENSE

DE : Fred Dean 

DT : Henry Jordan 

DE : Shaun Ellis 

OLB : Clay Matthews 

MLB : Ray Nitschke 

MLB : David Harris 

OLB : Khalil Mack 

CB : Mike Haynes 

CB : Dick LeBeau 

S : Jack Tatum

S : Kam Chancellor 

OFFENSE : ACE Formation offense that Peyton ran all of those years in INDY with a heavy amount of flexing the TE. 

DEFENSE : Heavy 3-4 Zone Blitz defense, with plenty of Cover 2 man against two WR sets. 

80 has a solid OL, really love the two OTs, strong pick at C....OG could be vulnerable pending. But Jetlife is running a 34 w/ a 43 DT Henry Jordan at NT. Fred Dean, probably one of the most underrated pass rushers of all time, but Dean was 230lb and I think more of a situational edge guy? Shaun Ellis is a borderline player to be on one of these teams. If he were saddled with two stronger 34 mates up front I'd feel better about him...but although Jordan and Dean are HOFers, I think, they're both playing out of position. 

Jetlife's went with 2 current superstars coming off a 34 edge, they'll make plays, but again, 80's strong OTs help balance that a bit.

Jetlife has a strong Left side of the line with two very athletic OT, OG and all time C. That's gonn give time for Manning to pass and make some holes for LT....however if 80 lines up Deacon and Olsen there, theyre gonna make their plays.

D.Jones vs. W.Jones is battle of the century...but Deacon wins. 

The passing games are both killer. Manning gets an edge in this shootout, but I think JL could have done better than Jarvis Landry

My major negs for each team:

80 has two awesome 34 OLBs playing 43. Has a lot of stars at the skilled pos, but none is what I'd call elite. 

Jetlife has two Strong Safeties at S,  huge in run support but vulnerable vs the pass a bit (are his CBs strong enough?) his DL is a bit weak but only based on scheme, right side of his OL is just ok w Kevin Williams and Super Mario are on the other side, two beasts. 

Have to think more before I vote. 

13 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Pretty evenly matched but I'd lean toward JL33. Peyton Manning running that offense with 3 WRs and prime Ladianian? 

Christ just looked up Peyton’s numbers. There are just obscene. 

13 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Pretty evenly matched but I'd lean toward JL33. Peyton Manning running that offense with 3 WRs and prime Ladianian? 

But 80 has a dominant DL (and two oustsding rush LB. that puts a lot of stress on his DBs in pass coverage his OLB could struggle. but his DBs are strong. 80’s S’s are borderline elite with legit corners. Peterson behind a strong OL w quick WRs vs two strong safeties. I think I’m siding 80. But Peyton Manning really makes this tough. 

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

But 80 has a dominant DL (and two oustsding rush LB. that puts a lot of stress on his DBs in pass coverage his OLB could struggle. but his DBs are strong. 80’s S’s are borderline elite with legit corners. Peterson behind a strong OL w quick WRs vs two strong safeties. I think I’m siding 80. But Peyton Manning really makes this tough. 

He has a very good d-line but I think Walter Jones is about as good as you're going to get to neutralize Deacon Jones and I've never been a big Mario Williams guy.

Peyton is Peyton. This is the first round -- he's going to dominate. It's only later that he chokes. ?

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Ty Law - Minnifield compared to

LeBeau -Haynes.

I’d have to take the latter. Haynes is arguably the next best corner to Deion ever. And LeBeau is a HOF as well and on the all time ?  NFL list. Of course this gets no respect here. 

S - Sean and Shell 

S- Tatum and Chancellor 

I’d call that a wash. 

Both have weaknesses but I’d take Peyton over Farve in a heartbeat. 

Recieving edge goes to Jetlife. Olsen will one day be a top 10 all time HOF TE. 

I like JL’s LB edge over JF’s DL edge. And after researching a bit , JL’s OL is not as weak as it appears. Tough close but JL33 edges this. 

4 minutes ago, BigO said:

Ty Law - Minnifield compared to

LeBeau -Haynes.

I’d have to take the latter. Haynes is arguably the next best corner to Deion ever. And LeBeau is a HOF as well and on the all time ?  NFL list. Of course this gets no respect here. 

S - Sean and Shell 

S- Tatum and Chancellor 

I’d call that a wash. 

Both have weaknesses but I’d take Peyton over Farve in a heartbeat. 

Recieving edge goes to Jetlife. Olsen will one day be a top 10 all time HOF TE. 

I like JL’s LB edge over JF’s DL edge. And after researching a bit , JL’s OL is not as weak as it appears. Tough close but JL33 edges this. 

I give 80 the edge at safety. I consider both Taylor and Shell borderline elite. Tatum and Chamcellor are two skull crushers but will get toasted vs some of these TEs and WRs. 80’s Group is more we’ll rounded.

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I give 80 the edge at safety. I consider both Taylor and Shell borderline elite. Tatum and Chamcellor are two skull crushers but will get toasted vs some of these TEs and WRs. 80’s Group is more we’ll rounded.

I wouldn’t tell that to Tatum. I remember him hitting Campbell near the goal line and I thought he killed him. Safety probably goes to JF80 but slightly. I look at both teams very very equal except for QB. Peyton a much better, more manageable QB than Farve. That’s the tipping point. 

3 minutes ago, BigO said:

I wouldn’t tell that to Tatum. I remember him hitting Campbell near the goal line and I thought he killed him. Safety probably goes to JF80 but slightly. I look at both teams very very equal except for QB. Peyton a much better, more manageable QB than Farve. That’s the tipping point. 

I think my biggest beef w JL is the DL playing out of position. 

Another slug fest, another tough match. I like both team's ability to run the ball and get rid of quickly, however i think JF80 has an edge of defense... is it enough to neutralize Manning?... god i dunno. I do like AP's chances vs that interior. 

Well done gents

2 hours ago, BigO said:

Who are you tallking about? Jordan?

Yeah, I tried to research him a bit, more insight works. I was too young, just missed his run, and he’s not a household name. ...and I know what an amazing pass rusher he was BUT as a 34 DE? 9ers played a 34 but I think Chargers played a 43... He was listed at 230lbs early 80’s that’s still small...And Henry Jordan was a 43 DT not a NT. And then Ellis was really good but all time, not so sure, again I’d have felt better if he paired Ellis w a true NT and 34 DE. But tbh, Ellis was a better player w 4 down lineman

All time great quote about fred dean.

"Anytime i feel like lifting weights, i go smoke a cigarette and lay down till that feeling goes away"

Great pass rusher, but light.  A 3-4 olb, but not a 3-4 defensive end.  Boselli would own him, and AP would run for 200 yards behind that.

Jetlife has that wonderful offense.   I just dont like that d line, and i think JF would run all over it.  JF's d line is insane.  Merlin Olson is a beast, him and kevin williams will utterly plug up the middle and help pressure Peyton.    Whem Mario Williams is the 4th best d lineman, it's an issue for the other team.

Peyton >>>> Favre, but i still vote JF as they run and control the clock.

53 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Yeah, I tried to research him a bit, more insight works. I was too young, just missed his run, and he’s not a household name. ...and I know what an amazing pass rusher he was BUT as a 34 DE? 9ers played a 34 but I think Chargers played a 43... He was listed at 230lbs early 80’s that’s still small...And Henry Jordan was a 43 DT not a NT. And then Ellis was really good but all time, not so sure, again I’d have felt better if he paired Ellis w a true NT and 34 DE. But tbh, Ellis was a better player w 4 down lineman

Yes Jordan. I see your point. He’s got him playing in a 3-4 in the middle. Ellis and Dean at the ends. I remember Jordan. He played in a 4-3 with Lombardi and was an awesome DT but you’re right he doesn’t fit that scheme. If it was a 4-3 then undoubtedly but 3-4 no. Even in a 4-3 in modern day he’d be too small but you have to factor in his talent at his era so then that’s be a great fit. Hmmm this is a problem. 

3 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

I’m surprised Manning-Tomlinson-Jones and 2 hall of receivers aren’t getting more love, JF80 does have a great team. Is this single elimination?

No, Only 6 of the 22 will get eliminated in Round 1.  11 winners + 5 Wild Cards (top 5 losers by % vote) will advance.

I expect you'll make it to Round 2.  Your team is beastly and belongs there. 

Archived