Robby Anderson interview on GMFB(great Darnold tidbit from Robby)

Patriot Killa

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's the tidbit?  I don't have the patience to watch the 11 minute video...  :-)

That he likes Sam a lot. That at first he was quiet in the huddle but he’s improved his tone. He mentioned some passes he threw where they know that it’s next level stuff that only top Qb’s can make. Good perspective from a WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

That he likes Sam a lot. That at first he was quiet in the huddle but he’s improved his tone. He mentioned some passes he threw where they know that it’s next level stuff that only top Qb’s can make. Good perspective from a WR.

That is quite the first practice.  :)

Robbie said that he’s already made throws that make everyone stop and say.. damn did he really make that pass? He described a pass where the defender correctly anticipated the route but Sam placed it in the only spot Robby could get to it. “Next level stuff”

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

Robbie said that he’s already made throws that make everyone stop and say.. damn did he really make that pass? He described a pass where the defender correctly anticipated the route but Sam placed it in the only spot Robby could get to it. “Next level stuff”

38 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

This is basically what he said for anyone who didn’t want to watch the whole video.

Man it’s hard to listen to Robbie talk....like does anybody believe he’s not going to end up going Sheldon at some point...it feels inevitable...the kind of niceish dumb kid you pull for on Last Chance U who ultimately ends up behind bars because they’re just hoodlum hard wired 

31 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Man it’s hard to listen to Robbie talk....like does anybody believe he’s not going to end up going Sheldon at some point...it feels inevitable...the kind of niceish dumb kid you pull for on Last Chance U who ultimately ends up behind bars because they’re just hoodlum hard wired 

Dude.....not cool.

4 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Dude.....not cool.

I mean yeah, probably not. 

Just feels like there’s some decent odds there ends up being more incidents/distractions again

like he literally sped past a cop, ran some lights, resisted arrest and then told the cop he’d jizz in his wife’s eye...and this was a couple months after sorta resisting arrest at a concert...hope I’m wrong

5 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I mean yeah, probably not. 

Just feels like there’s some decent odds there ends up being more incidents/distractions again

like he literally sped past a cop, ran some lights, resisted arrest and then told the cop he’d jizz in his wife’s eye...and this was a couple months after sorta resisting arrest at a concert...hope I’m wrong

Yeah but let’s try to move past it.

Robby is trying to. He says he has matured so let’s take his word for it and see what it’s worth.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Robby is trying to. He says he has matured so let’s take his word for it and see what it’s worth.

He said he wants endorsement deals. Hopefully someone told him in order to get those, he better stay out of trouble.

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

He said he wants endorsement deals. Hopefully someone told him in order to get those, he better stay out of trouble.

This kid's an accident waiting to happen.  It seems he lacks the maturity and the cerebral capacity to process what right and wrong looks and sounds like.  I hope and pray I am wrong and it's sad to see but, man, this young man really has some cleaning up to do in a lot of different ways...

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sure sure, I’ll root for him on and off the field

iit’ll be a big decision next off season to see how much the jets offer him.  I hope there’s some very strong (wait for it)...offset language

4 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

This poor young man does not speak English.

Some accents are harder to understand than others depending on where you are from. It doesn’t help that he uses slang. But I moved to Texas a few years ago and have met people from here and Louisiana where I have to really focus to understand what they are saying.

Just now, GreenFish said:

Some accents are harder to understand than others depending on where you are from. It doesn’t help that he uses slang. But I moved to Texas a few years ago and have met people from here and Louisiana where I have to really focus to understand what they are saying.

Accents?  He is not formulating full sentences and using words in the English dictionary.  I am sorry. No.  It's not the accent.

I was going to add to my previous post that it is hard to listen to him. Hopefully he learns because his education growing up was evidently not there.

49 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

He is not speaking English. Period.

hahah..  what the hell are you talking about?

he has a unique cadence and is prone to using a bit of slang but it's not difficult to understand him.  Maybe Macc should send him to charm school so sheltered Jet fans can approve of his interviews.

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

hahah..  what the hell are you talking about?

he has a unique cadence and is prone to using a bit of slang but it's not difficult to understand him.  Maybe Macc should send him to charm school so sheltered Jet fans can approve of his interviews.

Sounds like a regular southern dude. Half the people I grew up with sound like this and for the most part they are highly intelligent dudes.

46 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You wouldn’t like us southern folk much then. With that said, I understood everything he said, he was using English and he sounded more insightful than I previously expected him to.

I admit, had to listen carefully, but a Jersey accent is difficult for me to follow, and often spoken at a higher decibel than we normally speak.  Depends on the listener.  

Hopefully, he has learned his lesson, and that he will seek a mentor(s) that will have his best interests in mind.

p.s.  We can learn a lot about civility, good manners and caring for your family and your neighbors from Southerners.

4 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I admit, had to listen carefully, but a Jersey accent is difficult for me to follow, and often spoken at a higher decibel than we normally speak.  Depends on the listener.  

Hopefully, he has learned his lesson, and that he will seek a mentor(s) that will have his best interests in mind.

p.s.  We can learn a lot about civility, good manners and caring for your family and your neighbors from Southerners.

Of all people, I don’t think Helen of Troy is one to be lecturing others about how to show manners towards thy neighbor. 

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

yep.  my impression, from hearing him speak is he's a guy who is willing to do the work to improve and even though there are some rough edges he doesn't want to go back to the streets.  he's not very articulate but sometimes people confuse being articulate with being intelligent when that's always the case. 

Sounds like a regular southern dude. Half the people I grew up with sound like this and for the most part they are highly intelligent dudes.

No ... Just no ... I lived in NC for years... Just stop ... That being said he was speaking English ... Just not proper English ... And to me it seemed like his soeech product of his developmental environment ... Not intelligence ... I understood him fine and have heard far worse. It would serve him well to take a speech/public soeaking.course, but that's a tough pill to swallow for a young dude. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Archived