Robby Anderson interview on GMFB(great Darnold tidbit from Robby)

Patriot Killa

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

No ... Just no ... I lived in NC for years... Just stop ... That being said he was speaking English ... Just not proper English ... And to me it seemed like his soeech product of his developmental environment ... Not intelligence ... I understood him fine and have heard far worse. It would serve him well to take a speech/public soeaking.course, but that's a tough pill to swallow for a young dude. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

What is NC to south Mississippi/Louisiana ... ? It’s different every where is my point and when you are brough up around slang it becomes regular, that doesn’t mean someone isn’t high intelligent so “No... no you just stop” because that’s ridiculous 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to his 'love' for Sam; I would imagine this might have to do with his drop off in production from the vet to Petty. He saw the drop in QB arm and he has seen enough in TC to see what the next level of QB is. McCown is an average QB, Petty below average, Sam above average. Easy to see the difference.

26 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Back to his 'love' for Sam; I would imagine this might have to do with his drop off in production from the vet to Petty. He saw the drop in QB arm and he has seen enough in TC to see what the next level of QB is. McCown is an average QB, Petty below average, Sam above average. Easy to see the difference.

Definitely. Have to imagine all receivers want to play with top flight QBs. Robby is going to be a really good weapon for Darnold down field. Enunwa and Kearse in the short to intermediate routes, CANT WAIT!!!

21 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

The kid is not speaking English.  Not many ways around that.  I think there might be a developmental delay or a developmental abnormality here.  

Then what is he speaking you racist a$$hole? Seems like you understood him just fine- you must be fluent in Anderson?

2 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Happens to the best of us. Hopefully Robbie's learned from it and grown as a person, blah, blah, blah....

Ahh, no.    Most people don’t get arrested to begin with.  All the ones that do don’t threaten to jizz in the arresting cops wife’s eye. 

He is a thug piece of crap.  

But if he catches 100 balls and does not get arrested again I will cheer what he does on the football field

If Robbie has his head on straight & continues where he ended last year with McCown, this WR core is going to be a handful. He was flat out nasty turning people around off that sprint route.

We have speed (Robbie), speed & strength (Quincy & Pryor), good route & zone guy in Kearse & an up and coming Hansen.

If we get Herndon & Sterling going with Tomlinson as the blocking TE, that’s plenty of weapons for whoever the QB is.

Far cry from Nelson- Clowney- Salas- Amaro, YIKES!

Wow, just wow.  I know I’m new here and all, but nothing is going to stop me from saying that some of these responses are cruel and frankly shocking and lacking compassion.  

He’s good enough for you people to cheer if he performs, but not for the young man himself?    

I’ll tell you one thing, for you judgemental goodie-goodies, I lived through the 60s-70s Stone-cold sober, still don’t drink or smoke-anything.  I’ve studied human behavior all my life...the stories I could tell of idiotic, dangerous and inappropriate behavior and the dangers they put themselves and others, that if caught, they’d end up arrested. Hypocrites.

Bet there are plenty of you that preferred Mayfield, that but for the difference in socio-economic upbringing, is just as bad...one is left to wonder if in fact, race and a disadvantaged upbringing is the main factor here.  You should focus on praying this young man finds his way.

16 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Wow, just wow.  I know I’m new here and all, but nothing is going to stop me from saying that some of these responses are cruel and frankly shocking and lacking compassion.  

He’s good enough for you people to cheer if he performs, but not for the young man himself?    

I’ll tell you one thing, for you judgemental goodie-goodies, I lived through the 60s-70s Stone-cold sober, still don’t drink or smoke-anything.  I’ve studied human behavior all my life...the stories I could tell of idiotic, dangerous and inappropriate behavior and the dangers they put themselves and others, that if caught, they’d end up arrested. Hypocrites.

Bet there are plenty of you that preferred Mayfield, that but for the difference in socio-economic upbringing, is just as bad...one is left to wonder if in fact, race and a disadvantaged upbringing is the main factor here.  You should focus on praying this young man finds his way.

You have to excuse some of the foolery that goes on here. Not everyone here are judgmental know it alls. 

No one can cast the first stone, I guarantee that. With that said, we should just shift the focus from his accent and past behavior and focus on the real reason I dropped the interview and that was the excellent tidbit on Sam Darnold making “next level” throws. 

Robby said “There are just throws that have some of us standing there like..yeah Sam is the truth.” 

That was extremely encouraging and one of the best quotes from a teammate I have heard yet.

11 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Ben Carson came from a environment like you describe but he had a mother that pushed him to be better, it's true not everyone has a parent that cares..

7 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

100% agree with you. &, at the very least supporting him in the path of trying to better himself. Regardless of background, or a persons "linguistic proficiency" that some are critiquing, they still deserve to be heard and treated equal. That was a great interview, he was upbeat, positive an authentic to Robby. I think the kid has some more self awareness and accountability than he gets credit for, so I'm optimistic about him and his future.  

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

Ben Carson came from a environment like you describe but he had a mother that pushed him to be better, it's true not everyone has a parent that cares..

There are always exceptions, rare and to be commended, but it’s foolish and near sighted to point at that example of something all can overcome if they just try.

Not going to comment about what I think of that man.

2 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

100% agree with you. &, at the very least supporting him in the path of trying to better himself. Regardless of background, or a persons "linguistic proficiency" that some are critiquing, they still deserve to be heard and treated equal. That was a great interview, he was upbeat, positive an authentic to Robby. I think the kid has some more self awareness and accountability than he gets credit for, so I'm optimistic about him and his future.  

My heart went out to him, hope he does well on and off the field.

2 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

There are always exceptions, rare and to be commended, but it’s foolish and near sighted to point at that example of something all can overcome if they just try.

Not going to comment about what I think of that man.

I disagree wanting to better yourself isn't foolish or near sighted it's the first step to actually getting better..

16 hours ago, David Harris said:

Man it’s hard to listen to Robbie talk....like does anybody believe he’s not going to end up going Sheldon at some point...it feels inevitable...the kind of niceish dumb kid you pull for on Last Chance U who ultimately ends up behind bars because they’re just hoodlum hard wired 

Seeing or hearing Anderson, I always think of the same thing:

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Seeing or hearing Anderson, I always think of the same thing:

giphy.gif

am curious as to what exactly you think will happen and what the odds are.

you must be giving like 3 or 4 to 1, right?

i like to make the occasional $50 or $100 bet.

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You have to excuse some of the foolery that goes on here. Not everyone here are judgmental know it alls. 

No one can cast the first stone, I guarantee that. With that said, we should just shift the focus from his accent and past behavior and focus on the real reason I dropped the interview and that was the excellent tidbit on Sam Darnold making “next level” throws. 

Robby said “There are just throws that have some of us standing there like..yeah Sam is the truth.” 

That was extremely encouraging and one of the best quotes from a teammate I have heard yet.

Exactly! Was very fond of that quote myself

Just now, Losmeister said:

am curious as to what exactly you think will happen and what the odds are.

you must be giving like 3 or 4 top 1, right?

i like to make the occasional $50 or $100 bet.

Guy is a flake with a case of C-4 on his back doing a cannonball into an empty pool.  Face it.  

9 hours ago, rangerous said:

yep.  my impression, from hearing him speak is he's a guy who is willing to do the work to improve and even though there are some rough edges he doesn't want to go back to the streets.  he's not very articulate but sometimes people confuse being articulate with being intelligent when that's always the case. 

He just needs a good veteran mentor. Hopefully Kearse can fill that role. 

3 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

That wasn’t my point, but not bothering to clarify, not worth it.  

i saw a misunderstanding.

i think what the poster was getting at was the falsity of the banal trope of trying real hard guarantees success.

I dunno, it sounds to me like anyone who didn’t understand him didn’t WANT to understand him. Not the best speaker ever, but goddamn, he spoke english. He’s a bit of a drip, personality-wise, but he’s paid to run and catch a football, not ignite the masses with passionate speech.

Archived