• Wk 11
    • Wk 12
    • Wk 13
    • Wk 14
    • Wk 15
    • Wk 16
    • Wk 17

16 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'll vote Week 1. I'm not as confident as I was before but I still believe the org wants him to, I still believe he's the most talented. I'd probably take the field vs. Week 1 but I'll still take Week 1 over any other week.

I don’t think Teddy has proven much aside from some very good throws here and there so there definitely is still hope. McCown has looked steady and i think Training Camp is a big part of it but it will be the preseason games that will determine if Darnold starts or not. McCown won’t get much work out in the preseason. Darnold’s prime opportunity is then.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Judging by the poll votes, I think that we are all in agreement that if it doesn’t happen week 1, that it won’t happen at a random time like week 2 or 5. It’ll most likely be week 1 OR the first game after the bye week.

Bowles is conservative has talked of his preference to make a qb change during bye in the past. We know he can make some incredible throws without the rush. It’s the ball protection and decisions/reads under a nfl pass rush he needs to work on like any rookie. We will have a better idea where he is at after his 2nd preseason game.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don’t think Teddy has proven much aside from some very good throws here and there so there definitely is still hope. McCown has looked steady and i think Training Camp is a big part of it but it will be the preseason games that will determine if Darnold starts or not. McCown won’t get much work out in the preseason. Darnold’s prime opportunity is then.

I think Teddy is irrelevant, TBH. Reports are he's struggled a bit so far in camp and that some of the "glowing" reports from earlier might have been the Jets trying to pump up his value. I think there is a 0% chance he starts Week 1.

It's really a question of "does Darnold prove he's worthy." If he looks good he's the guy. If he struggles we're saddled with more McCown.

I think some of the "Bowles is conservative and doesn't want to play the rookie" posts are misguided.

Bowles wants to win games and above all else, keep his job. That's why he played Fitzpatrick/McCown -- because Hackenberg and Petty sucked out loud and the vets were by far the best option.

Playing Darnold not only gives him more upside it gives him more leeway. If the Jets go 7-9 with Darnold he'll probably be back next year. If they go 7-9 because he stubbornly stuck with the 39 year old (despite ownerships desire to play the rookie and the front office's expense in getting him) he's getting canned.

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Judging by the poll votes, I think that we are all in agreement that if it doesn’t happen week 1, that it won’t happen at a random time like week 2 or 5. It’ll most likely be week 1 OR the first game after the bye week.

Lol wut? 

Right now there's one vote after week six. 

Personally, I don't think they keep him out of the starting lineup beyond week #5. Week #5 isn't random, it's the first game of a three-game home stretch. Starting him the week before with 10 days to prepare wouldn't be a bad time, either. But I think they're pretty focused on trying to get him ready for week #1. 

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think Teddy is irrelevant, TBH. Reports are he's struggled a bit so far in camp and that some of the "glowing" reports from earlier might have been the Jets trying to pump up his value. I think there is a 0% chance he starts Week 1.

It's really a question of "does Darnold prove he's worthy." If he looks good he's the guy. If he struggles we're saddled with more McCown.

completely agree.  even bridgewater knows his best chance of starting is probably for another team.

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Lol wut? 

Right now there's one vote after week six. 

Personally, I don't think they keep him out of the starting lineup beyond week #5. Week #5 isn't random, it's the first game of a three-game home stretch. Starting him the week before with 10 days to prepare wouldn't be a bad time, either. But I think they're pretty focused on trying to get him ready for week #1. 

When I posted that the only votes were for week 1 and week 6. And I agree that they are pretty focused on trying to get him week 1 ready. It’ll all depend on how he looks in the preseason.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Bridgewater is just settling back into the league this year. Next year Teddy will get his shot with someone.

i can see the jets starting darnold with mccown ready as the backup and teddy inactive, waiting for a contending team that has an injury.  

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think some of the "Bowles is conservative and doesn't want to play the rookie" posts are misguided.

Bowles wants to win games and above all else, keep his job. That's why he played Fitzpatrick/McCown -- because Hackenberg and Petty sucked out loud and the vets were by far the best option.

Playing Darnold not only gives him more upside it gives him more leeway. If the Jets go 7-9 with Darnold he'll probably be back next year. If they go 7-9 because he stubbornly stuck with the 39 year old (despite ownerships desire to play the rookie and the front office's expense in getting him) he's getting canned.

Totally agree. 

I think Bowles is ridiculously conservative, and that it will ultimately be his downfall if he can't learn to be more aggressive, but that is a separate issue from playing the likes of Petty or Hackenberg at QB over McCown. Playing Darnold over McCown might actually be the conservative best chance to win option. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

Totally agree. 

I think Bowles is ridiculously conservative, and that it will ultimately be his downfall if he can't learn to be more aggressive, but that is a separate issue from playing the likes of Petty or Hackenberg at QB over McCown. Playing Darnold over McCown might actually be the conservative best chance to win option. 

playing darnold over the other guys will help bowles keep his job, since the johnsons didn't allow mccagnan to deal all that draft capital to keep him on the bench.  but i think darnold will show enough to justify starting week 1, and i believe that bowles would prefer that scenario because it would eliminate all the questions all season about when darnold will make his first start.  roll with the rook and develop everyone around him.

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Totally agree. 

Yep, Darnold playing is his best and most realistic chance of being here another year. The other option is one of the Vets gets us the playoffs which is probably a long shot

26 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm not sure I agree. While drafting Darnold was huge for the Jets, they still don't have all the pieces yet, especially at OL. The Jets know it. I think the team doesn't want their star rookie getting killed early in the season. I think he'll get some garbage time reps and maybe start in week 8 at the earliest, unless Teddy or McClown are playing lights out football. 

Just now, Dinamite said:

Week 5 vs broncos at home would be a good place for it.  Gives the room a month to observe and learn, avoids crazy opening schedule and jags defense and is right at the beginning of a 3 home game stand.

Of course, they would have to agree to switch to him regardless of record (like Giants did with Eli)

I think my babe will not start this season but I do think he'll see the field. And field wise... I'll say Wk 5.

Now about the poll we do know Wk 11 is a by week. Right?

Is it up their for comical relief?

7 minutes ago, GATA-Bot said:

I think my babe will not start this season but I do think he'll see the field. And field wise... I'll say Wk 5.

Now about the poll we do know Wk 11 is a by week. Right?

Is it up their for comical relief?

ty I wasn't sure what week it was.

Archived