Draft Elimination Rnd 1: Paradis "The Bush Barons" vs. Dunnie

Jetsfan80

Who wins this match in a virtual universe where these two teams meet?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this match in a virtual universe where these two teams meet?

• Paradis
    • Dunnie

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/02/2018 at 04:00 PM

RND 1; @Paradis vs. @Dunnie

JN: vote on who's all time drafted team you feel would win the match up.... you're assuming each player is entering this match up in their prime.

Paradis “THE BUSH BARONS”

X8gA2tM.png

Offense: A Weiss/McDaniels spinoff with the Brady-sandbox playcalling... the offense runs through Foster w/ play action to Graham and Chrebet (yea, Tom Brady and Wayne Chrebet.... imagine

• QB: Tom Brady

• RB: Arian Foster

• WRs: AJ Green, Reggie Wayne & Wayne Chrebet

• TE: Jimmy Graham

• Oline: Joe Thomas, Russ Grimm, LeCharles Bentley, Lincoln Kennedy, Jason Peters

Defense: Running an aggressive Shwartz-esque 4-3 that flexes into 5-2 often -- (Tamba Hali dropping down) and focuses on disrupting play timing and the pass rush. Like every man into the backfield - stuff. Between Miller/Sapp/Jenkins/Kearse.... I feel confident we can take some chances -- the Barons will survive with Willis and Lynch on CYA duty. Deangelo adds versatility as a FS who can easily slide into Nickle coverage if needed.

• Dline: Von Miller, Warren Sapp, Kris Jenkins, Jevon Kearse

• LBs: Patrick Willis, Tamba Hali, Mo Lewis

• CBs: Lester "the molester" Hayes, and Terence Newman

• Safety: John Lynch & Deangelo Hall

You can't win both battles when you're in the bush... One of Baron's two units is going to control the game. 

Dunnie

QB Warren Moon

RB Eric Dickerson

WR Steve Largent

WR James Lofton

WR Henry Ellard

TE Dave Casper

T Cal Hubbard

G Alan Faneca

C Olin Kreutz

G Gene Hickerson

T Stan Jones

DE Richard Dent

NT Geno Atkins

DE Jason Taylor

LB Dick Butkus

LB Willie Lanier

LB Levon Kirkland

CB Aaron Glenn

CB Everson Walls

S Lawyer Milloy

S Joey Browner

S Jack Christiansen

Wow both teams very close in talent. Moon and Dickerson have an edge over Brady and Foster which is the deciding factor. Brady’s numbers are crazy but if anyone can challenge those it’s Moon who was lights out in his time. Of course Brady eclipses Moon’s stats but he’s played in an era that promotes the passing game. And Moon played 6 years in the CFL. Dickerson is a top 5 all time RB. Dude was an antelope. 

Very close matchup.  Tiebreaker was my anti-Brady bias, and I went with Dunnie.  If you could give Paradis Belichick and Ernie Adams, that would tip the scales in the other direction. 

Plus, Brady on the same team as Mo Lewis?  Gross.  Brady would be like "Thanks for my career, Mo.  High 5!"

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Very close matchup.  Tiebreaker was my anti-Brady bias, and I went with Dunnie.  If you could give Paradis Belichick and Ernie Adams, that would tip the scales in the other direction. 

..and a hidden camera

Brady is a plus for Paradis, but overall I feel that the cast of characters on his team are less than elite... a number of recent guys who I'm not sure belong in this caliber of tournament. Dunnie's LB's are superior, as is his secondary. Like Dunnie's receivers better overall. And Dickerson is >>>> better than Foster (that was a questionable pick). Gotta go with Dunnie.

12 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Brady is a plus for Paradis, but overall I feel that the cast of characters on his team are less than elite... a number of recent guys who I'm not sure belong in this caliber of tournament. Dunnie's LB's are superior, as is his secondary. Like Dunnie's receivers better overall. And Dickerson is >>>> better than Foster (that was a questionable pick). Gotta go with Dunnie.

NFL lore aside (dunnie's got some HOF star power), you're saying that my pass rush is negligible? how exactly does he win in a real match up? Curious to follow this line of thinking.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

NFL lore aside (dunnie's got some HOF star power), you're saying that my pass rush is negligible? how exactly does he win in a real match up? Curious to follow this line of thinking.

I didn't say that at all. Kearse and Miller are fast off the edge. Sapp and Jenkins in their prime are pretty scary too. Your DL is your best unit. Mo, Hali -- good LB's but not elite. Don't much care for Newman or Hall either. Moon's job is to manage the pressure -- draw in that ferocious pass rush and play past it to sure handed receivers, or draw plays to Dickerson. Moon's mobility will be a plus for Dunnie, but you've got tremendous speed in Kearse and Miller. If Dunnie's OL can't hold either of them, it will be trouble. This is no runaway game. It would be a royal battle of wits.

Archived