Draft Elimination Rnd 1: nyjunc vs. BallinPB

Jetsfan80

Who wins this match in a virtual universe where these two teams meet?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this match in a virtual universe where these two teams meet?

• nyjunc
    • BallinPB

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/02/2018 at 06:00 PM

20 hours ago, BigO said:

Rice > Moss and Moss made Revis look silly. 

Moss made ONE play on revis and Revis was hurt at the time and not in football shape.  he would miss the next 2 games and the Jets would win that game anyway.  It's like you guys didn't even watch revis play. he used to dominated Moss head to head.  In 2 games in 2008 Moss had 5 catches TOTAL for 48 yards.  In 2009 in 2 games Moss again had 5 catches TOTAL this time for a whopping 58 yds w/ the greatest QB of all time throwing to him but yeah one play meant Moss made Revis look silly.

2008 vs. Revis: 5 recs, 48 yds.  his averages the other 14 games? 5 recs, 69 yds.  prorate that over 16 games: 80 recs, 1104 yds

2009 vs. Revis: 5 recs, 58 yds. his averages in other 14 games? 5.6 recs, 86 yds. prorate over 16 games: 90 recs, 1376 yds

but yeah Moss really made him look silly!

20 hours ago, JiF said:

Stevie Johnson used to spin Revis around.  Percy Harvin ate his lunch.  Sammy Watkins did whatever he wanted on him.

So overrated....

Stevie Johnson had ONE good game against him in that whacky 4 TD game from Sanchez at the meadowlands in 2011.  Johnson(who was a good WR by the way) became the Bills go to guy in 2010.  against Revis and the Jets:

3-31

5-72(Revis sat out in week 17 to rest w/ POs locked up)

3-84(all garbage time #s after we built a huge lead)

8-75(this was the one good game, the guy didn't even get 80 rec yds)

after the lone good game we opened w/ Buf in 2012, what did Johnson do? 4 catches 55 yds w/ a 29 yd TD in garbage time that I don't even think Revis was on him.

yeah Johnson used to really kill him.

The percy harvin game was revis' first game back after the injury, I don't recall him being on Percy all night. I don't recall anyone ever scoring 2 TDs on Revis(no matter how close to the GL they were) in that era so I don't think he was on him all night and still he didn't have 100 rec yds.

this may be a newsflash but even the greatest have bad games, revis' bad games during that time were giving up 4-5 recs 80 yds.

Vikings game highlights. you should watch, he did have a TD against revis but 2nd TD was not against him and 2 biggest plays to keep Minny in it were bomb TD to Moss w/ Cro on him and a Cro PI near the EZ.

Sammy Watkins doesn't count since that was not Revis at his peak but since you brought him up.

Watkins vs revis:

2014 2 recs 27 yds, 3 for 57(week 17 and not sure if NE was resting revis)

2015 3 recs 14 yds, he had the one good game week 17 where the genius Bowles left revis on him all day when he wasn't himself. 5-111-2. great game for Sammy but that's 1 game out of 6 where he did well against him and this was the post injury not as good revis.

2016 2-20, 4-31

18 hours ago, BallinPB said:

randy-moss-2-sbnation.gif?w=426&h=319&cr

revisbradyint.gif

18 hours ago, BallinPB said:

I'm not.  When I looked at our matchup not to toot my own horn but I knew I was going to win (even though there is still time left).  Most of us don't want to take the time to research vintage players who we will have very limited knowledge on.  Even if you do happen to research them, all you have to go off is stats which doesn't speak volumes for players in that era.

On paper my team crushes yours but people have bias against players of different eras.  that's really not what this is about

17 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I think the last point is a good one. There should be some attempt to assure some consistency by making a cut off. The problem is that football is not like baseball where you can individualize performance. Once you put Creekmur on a line with Munoz and Powell or Kuechenberg, there's no way to make that coherent. It doesn't work. I think that's why we're tending to lean toward skill players on both sides of the ball in the analysis -- it's an attempt to individualize performance, even though that's questionable too, since the style of players changed to suit the changes of rules and schemes.

these guys are never actually playing together, all we can do is judge them how they did against their era and they were GREAT.  whether it's Hutson vs. Rice or the OL my guys were just better against their eras. I knew I wouldn't win once I selected guys like that but I also have an appreciation for NFL history and know these were the best players available and better against their eras than many of their modern counterparts.

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

These votes should have been done w/o poster's names attached to the teams.

Hahaha I was talking about the hate of certain players.  Hahaha

Either way, that wouldn’t work.  We made the selections, it’s in a thread. 

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hahaha I was talking about the hate of certain players.  Hahaha

Either way, that wouldn’t work.  We made the selections, it’s in a thread. 

I know you were talking about the hate of certain players.  But, lets not pretend that people are otherwise unbiased...

Archived