Jets Training Camp- 8/2

Patriot Killa

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tweets

Offense and defense back together for team drills...McCown back in first #JetsCamp #Jets

ArDarius Stewart showing quick change of direction on out route but loses footing after pulling in Darnold pass.

Tweets

Another team period. McCown up first, Winters at RG. Run play is blown up by Jordan Jenkins.

Jordan Jenkins all over first run #JetsCamp #Jets

Nickerson being looked at by trainers now. #Jets

Tweets

Henry Anderson and Hewitt team for TFL.

Leo breaks through for likely sack, play continues and and Darnold lofts deep ball to Walford who can’t hold on.

Tweets

Playaction McCown forced to throw it away...once again Leo all over him...having a monster practice #JetsCamp #Jets

Leonard Williams all over the place here in full contact, then full contact goal line drill #Jets

Play action from the 5 and McCown throws it away. Nobody open.

1. 3rd down McCown finds Crowell for the TD...Bridgewater's turn #JetsCamp #Jets

Offense finally gets in. McCown pass to Crowell does it.

McCown TD to Crowell in flat #Jets

Tweets

Excellent pass.

JetNation.com @JetNation
    Darnold lofts perfect ball up to Herndon for TD on first GL rep.

Another dime from Darnold, drops one over the shoulder to Flowers for the TD, offense goes nuts, McCown kicks a pylon over #JetsCamp #Jets

Darnold lofts perfect ball up to Herndon for TD on first GL rep.

2 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

He has an “It Factor” that few possess and fewer can fully explain. He also is destined to make a lot of mistakes that might ultimately help turn him into a star one day.

Sam Darnold’s capacity to process information over the next several weeks will shape his development during this critical phase of the Jets evaluation process. Whether or not the team hands him the keys to the kingdom in time for the Monday night season opener against the Lions on Sept. 10 will have much more to do with the rookie quarterback’s ability to prove his football I.Q and resilience than to be perfect.

Darnold, frankly, was so good in only his second practice of camp after his four-day holdout.

He’s already operating on an advanced plane for a rookie, making smart pre-snap reads and post-snap decisions, while displaying fluid mobility in and around the pocket.

On Wednesday, he did everything from properly identifying a blitz to communicating the corresponding hot reads to his teammates to eluding pressure by stepping up in the pocket and completing a pass to hitting pass catchers in stride on designed rollouts to making quick post-snap decisions that prevented turnovers.

In layman’s terms, Darnold is one smart dude with a desire to learn more and more.

The Jets should be very excited.

Late in practice, he threw a deep pass intended for Hansen that fell harmlessly too short near the goal-line that included four critical elements. Within seconds, Darnold correctly identified a blitz, failed to recognize that the protection already had him covered, properly identified the right throw to make and smartly made a last-second adjustment that resulted in an incompletion.

Here’s how he explained the play:

“I signaled a fade because I saw man (coverage),” Darnold said. “This is a part of the growth that I’m talking about. I thought they were bringing pressure. It turns out we were protected. So, I could have gone through another read. But I just gave Chad a nice little fade. I was trying to throw back shoulder. Last second right as I was throwing it, I saw the DB’s eyes look at me. So, I knew if I threw back shoulder, it would have been a pick. So I tried to in literally the last millisecond… just try to throw it out in front of him. It came out weird. Threw it at his feet. But it’s better than a pick. Throwing an incompletion.”

On a related note, does anyone know where I can get discounted boner pants?  I need like 5 pairs ordered pronto!

2-for-2...Darnold rolls out and hits Walford in the back of the EZ for a TD.

And another one. Darnold to Walford for TD. Play-action rollout. Walford was wide open. Darnold cooking. #Jets

Great mobility from Darnold rolling out and hitting a wideopen Walford in the back of the endzone...offense having some fun, players fired up #JetsCamp #Jets

Wow. Really impressive touch pass from Darnold to Dimitri Flowers for touchdown. Play-action fake. Flowers snuck into flat. Darnold put it right over defender (in extremely tight coverage) for the score. Rookie having a good day #Jets

1 retweet2 likes

Some nice intensity today from both sides, butboffense definitely getting the better of this practice so far today #JetsCamp #Jets

Sam Darnold just made two terrific plays near the goal line that resulted in TDs. A designed rollout to Clive Walford moments after he made a perfect pass to Dimitri Flowers (in tight coverage)... The rookie lighting it up in this drill. #JetsCamp

Darnold having a nice day - in goal-line drills, hit Dimitri Flowers with a fade for a TD and then came right back and connected with Clive Walford. #Jets

Defense gets one back as Jeremy Clark stops the run for a loss of about 7, now defense fired up...that's it for goaline #JetsCamp #Jets

Sam Darnold threw short TD passes on back-to-back plays at the goal line. Nice ball handling on play action, accurate throws on rollouts. #Jets

Final play of GL and Jeremy Clark wins race to the edge and stops run just outside the EZ.

It means the #Jets have a young QB who’s making plays out there.

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Okay, so you've watched him for a while. It does seem like he has potential, which may be the most frustrating part, but I think he's gonna get cut soon if he doesn't step up because there are other people hungrier and promising it seems at TE.

Question - Does Leggett have offsets in his contract?

:P   (Ducks from the tomatoes about to be thrown)

Archived