Jump to content

Decker to New England


nj meadowlands
 Share

Recommended Posts

No hate for Decker, solid pro and good guy who worked hard while he was here.  He'll make some plays with Brady being his QB but not someone who necessarily moves the needle much.  Amazing how much him and Marshall have fallen off since that great 2015 season, one of the best offenses the Jets have put on the field that year really.  Football is such an unforgiving game.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

Didnt they just cut Mathews too?  Kind of the same player.  Interesting. 

Matthews reportedly has a hamstring injury.  I'm guessing its more than 1-2 week strain and that's why they moved on from him.

I agree, similar type players...that's probably why Decker was the replacement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

once upon a time, Decker was good.

But now injury prone, slow and mediocre.

He’s 31 and coming off a 563 yard season. Randy Moss was 30 when he moved to NE after a 553 yard season. Decker is no Moss but Shady can squeeze every last ounce out of him on the field (and most likely off the field as well). Decker never relied on speed. Excellent route runner. That’s what Brady likes. Anything below 800 yards would be a failure imo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

He’s 31 and coming off a 563 yard season. Randy Moss was 30 when he moved to NE after a 553 yard season. Decker is no Moss but Shady can squeeze every last ounce out of him on the field (and most likely off the field as well). Decker never relied on speed. Excellent route runner. That’s what Brady likes. Anything below 800 yards would be a failure imo. 

Moss had quit on Oakland, but was physically fine.    Decker didn't ever quit, he's hurt all the time, and never had Moss's physical gifts.   Which isn't a knock on Decker, Moss was one of the most physically gifted players ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

He’s 31 and coming off a 563 yard season. Randy Moss was 30 when he moved to NE after a 553 yard season. Decker is no Moss but Shady can squeeze every last ounce out of him on the field (and most likely off the field as well). Decker never relied on speed. Excellent route runner. That’s what Brady likes. Anything below 800 yards would be a failure imo. 

That was a great double move and catch in traffic for game winner last yr in playoffs 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

He’s 31 and coming off a 563 yard season. Randy Moss was 30 when he moved to NE after a 553 yard season. Decker is no Moss but Shady can squeeze every last ounce out of him on the field (and most likely off the field as well). Decker never relied on speed. Excellent route runner. That’s what Brady likes. Anything below 800 yards would be a failure imo. 

Years ago when we were debating the signing he was a product of Manning. Now he's an excellent route runner capable of over 800 yds.

I don't see it.  If he can even stay healthy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Years ago when we were debating the signing he was a product of Manning. Now he's an excellent route runner capable of over 800 yds.

I don't see it.  If he can even stay healthy

if this were a couple of years ago decker would be having a career year.  give the patsies some credit for always managing to get their receivers open.  decker gets a little nicked up but he may do pretty well in their system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, rangerous said:

if this were a couple of years ago decker would be having a career year.  give the patsies some credit for always managing to get their receivers open.  decker gets a little nicked up but he may do pretty well in their system.

Sounds exactly like the fear when Ocho signed there.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Years ago when we were debating the signing he was a product of Manning. Now he's an excellent route runner capable of over 800 yds.

I don't see it.  If he can even stay healthy

He went for 1k with “The Beard” throwing him the ball and nearly went for 1k with age o the year before. He proved his critics wrong that he wasn’t just a product of Manning, although Manning did put his career on a fast path. He never was a deep threat and always relied on his route running. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...