We doing a JetNation fantasy football league?

Patriot Killa

Which site would you prefer to do Fantasy Football on?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Select the one you prefer

• NFL.com
    • Yahoo.com
    • ESPN.com

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’m already set up if it’s renewed from last year so I’m in. 

We’re going to do Yahoo. I’m just trying to figure out the maximum amount of teams I should put in there now.

i know most guys are cool with Yahoo but give or take a few that could only do ESPN

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Like make two leagues?

That's actually a pretty good idea.....unless you're looking to draft Lucky Whitehead as your #3 WR.  :P 

20 teams would be insane IMO.  Couldn't imagine having the 20th ranked RB as your #1 on a fantasy team.

Two leagues of 10 would be cool with me.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

That's actually a pretty good idea.....unless you're looking to draft Lucky Whitehead as your #3 WR.  :P 

20 teams would be insane IMO.  Couldn't imagine having the 20th ranked RB as your #1 on a fantasy team.

Two leagues of 10 would be cool with me.

Agreed. That’s what we will do then. Setting the first league up now.

JetNation Fantasy Football League A

1.)Myself 

2.)@Lego My Lageman

3.) @King P

4,)@Dunnie

5.)@Greenseed4

6.)@Stark

7.)@norm428

8.)@j4jets

9.)@BornJetsFan1983

10.)@jetstream23

JetNation Fantasy Football League B

1.)@Jetsplayer21

2.)@New York Mick

3.)@PS17

4.)@deckerfan

5.) @Losmeister

6.)@RVAJet815

7.) @ChuckkieB

8.) (Myself)

9.) @Fantasy Island

10.) @joewilly12

2 slots left open on League B. I forgot that I actually have to be in both in order to create and run them. That’s all good though. 

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

And that’s it for our sign ups. JW12 grabbed our last spot. 

Thinking of setting the draft for League A on 8/8 at around 6:00PM ET can everyone from League A’s roster be available at this time?

Ouch.  That's probably one of the only times I can't make it.  I'll be on a flight to LA.  Could either do it a little later or feel free to swap me with someone from the other league.  Thanks.

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Sure.  Although I'm guessing I won't be the only one with some sort of schedule conflict.  These things aren't always easy to schedule at a time that works for everyone.

Very true. I’m guessing Yahoo has a customizable draft board though. I think if the player isn’t there to pick for himself, his draft board will take the best available on his/her list.

43 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Thinking of setting the draft for League A on 8/8 at around 6:00PM ET can everyone from League A’s roster be available at this time?

That doesn't work for me. I work on that day and 6 is rush hour for me and it's always hectic during that time.

7 works better because I'm on break around that time

58 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Im available on the 8th but I think it’s way too early. Rosters haven’t even been set yet for the teams. 

Regarfless, I think we need to discuss a few rules such as partial points, PPR, return points, roster size (the smaller the better, otherwise people tend to sit on good players and they go to waste). 

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

Im available on the 8th but I think it’s way too early. Rosters haven’t even been set yet for the teams. 

Regarfless, I think we need to discuss a few rules such as partial points, PPR, return points, roster size (the smaller the better, otherwise people tend to sit on good players and they go to waste). 

Yeah, might be a little premature to set it up this next week. How do you figure we run the points? How do you guys like to set things most years?

My preferences:

1. Partial points should be allowed

2. Extended trade deadlines to encourage movement

3. Smaller bench size, maybe 4 bench players to discourage “hogging”

4. Waiver rules applied, else we’ll be stuck to the fantasy app the entire Sunday instead of actually enjoying it

5. Trades should be monitored and approved by the commish to catch “illegal one sided trades” 

6. I like return yardage at 25 yards a point, same as passing. Also have bonus points for passing rushing and receiving. 

14 minutes ago, j4jets said:

My preferences:

4. Waiver rules applied, else we’ll be stuck to the fantasy app the entire Sunday instead of actually enjoying it

5. Trades should be monitored and approved by the commish to catch “illegal one sided trades” 

6. I like return yardage at 25 yards a point, same as passing. Also have bonus points for passing rushing and receiving. 

I like this tbh. @King P what do you think?

16 minutes ago, j4jets said:

My preferences:

sounds good except the smaller the bench, the less motivation there is for trading, IMO.  If you can pick up a very good player on waivers, why trade.  If you like trades, make the rosters a bit deeper.  recommend half point ppr instead of full, just my preference.

42 minutes ago, j4jets said:

My preferences:

#3 is the only one I'd push back on.  While I don't like huge benches I think fantasy football should be determined by a little more than luck.  Anyone can make picks in the first several rounds.  It's those later rounds where fantasy leagues are won.  I'd suggest a bench of 6.  (Backup QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, and a TE or other position).  I'd hate to see people dropping valuable starters because of Bye weeks simply because they don't have a bench spot.

21 minutes ago, Dcat said:

sounds good except the smaller the bench, the less motivation there is for trading, IMO.  If you can pick up a very good player on waivers, why trade.  If you like trades, make the rosters a bit deeper.  recommend half point ppr instead of full, just my preference.

Agree with both of these.  I run a league with 0.5 PPR and it helps even things out a bit.  I try to do everything possible to reduce "luck" in fantasy football.  It can't be done completely as there are always injuries and random things that happen with a team Defense for example, but you don't want to see a JAG wide receiver who has 1 catch for 2 yards and a TD dramatically outscoring a possession WR who had like 5 catches, 70 yards and got tackled on the 1-yard line so no TD.

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I find it’s typically best to schedule these after week-3 of preseason, this helps sort out injuries, trades, cuts, etc. 

also, considering some (me) might be on the west coast, can we aim for a weekend or anything after 8ET?

Archived