We doing a JetNation fantasy football league?

Patriot Killa

Which site would you prefer to do Fantasy Football on?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Select the one you prefer

• NFL.com
    • Yahoo.com
    • ESPN.com

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Greenseed4 said:

I find it’s typically best to schedule these after week-3 of preseason, this helps sort out injuries, trades, cuts, etc. 

also, considering some (me) might be on the west coast, can we aim for a weekend or anything after 8ET?

Yeah, we are going to hold off till around that time. And yes, i’ll make sure I set it up later on so that everyone has a chance get home from work and be available. Probably will be a Saturday as well.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah, we are going to hold off till around that time. And yes, i’ll make sure I set it up later on so that everyone has a chance get home from work and be available. Probably will be a Saturday as well.

Yess!!

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Sorry, just saw this--any room left?

Doesn’t look like it, but we are thinking of running 2 leagues of 10 teams this year and since there have been so many more posters who want to join we could actually either up the team count to 12 each or just make a third league. 

I’m in favor of either.

34 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Doesn’t look like it, but we are thinking of running 2 leagues of 10 teams this year and since there have been so many more posters who want to join we could actually either up the team count to 12 each or just make a third league. 

I’m in favor of either.

No worries--if you end up needing another person, let me know.

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'll play if you have an open slot.

4 hours ago, JetFanatic said:

Definitely no room left right?  If so I'M IN!

@Patriot Killa can you give my spot to one ☝️ of these guys it’s probably better I don’t add another league to my schedule 

21 minutes ago, Dcat said:

if you go two leagues 12 ?  I'd take a spot.

JetNation Fantasy Football League A

1.)Myself 

2.)@Lego My Lageman

3.) @King P

4,)@Dunnie

5.)@Greenseed4

6.) @Billyg

7.)@norm428

8.)@j4jets

9.)@BornJetsFan1983

10.)@jetstream23

11.) @Dcat

12.) @dbatesman

JetNation Fantasy Football League B

1.)@Jetsplayer21

2.)@New York Mick

3.)@PS17

4.)@deckerfan

5.) @Losmeister

6.)@RVAJet815

7.) @ChuckkieB

8.) (Myself)

9.) @Fantasy Island

10.) @joewilly12

11.) @Jetscode1

12.) @JetFanatic

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m in favor of either.

12 is better. Top 8 going to playoffs. Keeps the lower seeded teams continue to be active in later part of the season. 

And if we still get more players, I can volunteer to pick one league as a commish. Maybe we can tweak the rules a little in all leagues? Say shorter bench space in one, noneaiver rules in one etc?

8 hours ago, j4jets said:

My preferences:

1. Partial points should be allowed

2. Extended trade deadlines to encourage movement

3. Smaller bench size, maybe 4 bench players to discourage “hogging”

4. Waiver rules applied, else we’ll be stuck to the fantasy app the entire Sunday instead of actually enjoying it

5. Trades should be monitored and approved by the commish to catch “illegal one sided trades” 

6. I like return yardage at 25 yards a point, same as passing. Also have bonus points for passing rushing and receiving. 

My humble opinion - but overall good with whatever if everyone else disagrees

Decimal system is best - ties suck

12 man so much better

Trade deadline should just be like Nov 22 or around there, and I like the league vote. Usually everyone just has gentlemen bet not to throw a Bs trade out there, but if you do no biggie league veto it. Also with trade deadline can't effect playoffs etc

I like bigger bench of like 6, make it so you can go to waiver and get some help if you need it but also forces you to draft a decent team.

I like bonus points for big plays like 40 yd catch gets an extra point, 400 yard passing game gets extra point, big plays are rewarded.

Don't like ppr for same reason, someone like edleman could catch 10 balls for 45 yards and do jack sh*t for the game but eat Brady dink and dunk and have more poitns that a RB like crowell who ran for 130 yards...never understood PPR.

Anyway just a few thoughts but like I said Im good with whatever the commission decides, FF is fun.

Also QB TD 6 point haha

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

My humble opinion - but overall good with whatever if everyone else disagrees

Decimal system is best - ties suck

12 man so much better

Trade deadline should just be like Nov 22 or around there, and I like the league vote. Usually everyone just has gentlemen bet not to throw a Bs trade out there, but if you do no biggie league veto it. Also with trade deadline can't effect playoffs etc

I like bigger bench of like 6, make it so you can go to waiver and get some help if you need it but also forces you to draft a decent team.

I like bonus points for big plays like 40 yd catch gets an extra point, 400 yard passing game gets extra point, big plays are rewarded.

Don't like ppr for same reason, someone like edleman could catch 10 balls for 45 yards and do jack sh*t for the game but eat Brady dink and dunk and have more poitns that a RB like crowell who ran for 130 yards...never understood PPR.

Anyway just a few thoughts but like I said Im good with whatever the commission decides, FF is fun.

Also QB TD 6 point haha

To each their own I suppose. 10 catches for 45 yards is better than one catch for 45 yards imo. 10 catches mean you’re moving the chains. Plus, as a receiver, catching the ball is your primary responsibility. Having said that, I don’t advocate for a full point on a catch. Maybe 0.5. In your example, JE would get 11 points. Crow would have 13 points plus any RB receiving points (another 2-3 points atleast). Fair to me but like I mentioned, we can have two leagues with slightly tweaked rules. 

I agree with 6 points a passing TD. But this also tends to put too much emphasis on a QB while kickers become irrelevant in the standard point system. 

10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

1.)Myself 

2.)@Lego My Lageman

3.) @King P

4,)@Dunnie

5.)@Greenseed4

6.) @Billyg

7.)@norm428

8.)@j4jets

9.)@BornJetsFan1983

10.)@jetstream23

11.) @Dcat

12.) @dbatesman

1.)@Jetsplayer21

2.)@New York Mick

3.)@PS17

4.)@deckerfan

5.) @Losmeister

6.)@RVAJet815

7.) @ChuckkieB

8.) (Myself)

9.) @Fantasy Island

10.) @joewilly12

11.) @Jetscode1

12.) @JetFanatic

Damn. I got booted out before even started? lol. Well if someone drops out, i'll jump in. 

15 minutes ago, j4jets said:

To each their own I suppose. 10 catches for 45 yards is better than one catch for 45 yards imo. 10 catches mean you’re moving the chains. Plus, as a receiver, catching the ball is your primary responsibility. Having said that, I don’t advocate for a full point on a catch. Maybe 0.5. In your example, JE would get 11 points. Crow would have 13 points plus any RB receiving points (another 2-3 points atleast). Fair to me but like I mentioned, we can have two leagues with slightly tweaked rules. 

I agree with 6 points a passing TD. But this also tends to put too much emphasis on a QB while kickers become irrelevant in the standard point system. 

I was a staunch supporter of 'standard' (non PPR) for many years.  Switched to 1/2 pt PPR a couple of years ago primarily because most major ranking sites use it.  No looking back now.   PPR is the "new" "standard" and had to channge to keep up with the times.  

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

also, since there are two separate leagues, maybe you can have 2 different draft dates so that if one doesn't woirk out for a person, he/she can be in the other league instead.

Yeah that’s what we’re going to do. That works out best considering scheduling conflicts 

15 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

1.)Myself 

2.)@Lego My Lageman

3.) @King P

4,)@Dunnie

5.)@Greenseed4

6.) @Billyg

7.)@norm428

8.)@j4jets

9.)@BornJetsFan1983

10.)@jetstream23

11.) @Dcat

12.) @dbatesman

1.)@Jetsplayer21

2.)@New York Mick

3.)@PS17

4.)@deckerfan

5.) @Losmeister

6.)@RVAJet815

7.) @ChuckkieB

8.) (Myself)

9.) @Fantasy Island

10.) @joewilly12

11.) @Jetscode1

12.) @JetFanatic

I'm guessing this is also the draft order?  If so, I'll begin stacking my board and inviting players in for private workouts.

;-) 

8 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

Not random?

I’ve never done Yahoo before, so if @joewilly12 says it’s random, i assume it is. Everything is all kinda new to me but I did fool with it for a minute yesterday. Made a quick “dummy league” to delete afterwards and it has a link to send out invites with..which is a lot more convenient than sending emails. 

I know a ton of people I do fantasy football with don’t even check emails lol.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’ve never done Yahoo before, so if @joewilly12 says it’s random, i assume it is. Everything is all kinda new to me but I did fool with it for a minute yesterday. Made a quick “dummy league” to delete afterwards and it has a link to send out invites with..which is a lot more convenient than sending emails. 

I know a ton of people I do fantasy football with don’t even check emails lol.

Cool I appreciate you taking this on.  I'm available to help whenever you need.  I'm not an expert I actually commissioned my first league last year when I did a work fantasy football league.  It wasn't as hard as I anticipated but then again there were only 8 people so I'd imagine this would be a liiiittle different.

Do you know if this is a PPR league?  

4 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

Cool I appreciate you taking this on.  I'm available to help whenever you need.  I'm not an expert I actually commissioned my first league last year when I did a work fantasy football league.  It wasn't as hard as I anticipated but then again there were only 8 people so I'd imagine this would be a liiiittle different.

Do you know if this is a PPR league?  

Yeah, i’m thinking we’re going to run our PPR similar to how @jetstream23 ran his. 0.5 PPR to even things out. 

If everyone is okay with that.

Archived