Jump to content
Patriot Killa

We doing a JetNation fantasy football league?

Which site would you prefer to do Fantasy Football on?  

33 members have voted

  1. 1. Select the one you prefer

    • NFL.com
      2
    • Yahoo.com
      24
    • ESPN.com
      7


Recommended Posts

Let me know if you guys can roll with this.

Passing:

Passing TD’s : 5 points

Interceptions: -1 points

Passing yards: 25 yards = 1 point

Pick Six: -2 points

40+ yard completions: 3 points

40 + yard touchdowns: 6 points

Rushing:

Rushing TD’s: 6 points

Rushing Yards: 10 yards = 1 point

40 + yard run: 4 points 

40 + yard rushing TD: 7 points

Rushing 1st down: 0.5 points 

Receiving:

Receiving TD: 6 points

Receptions: 0.5 points

Receiving yards: 10 yards = 1 point

40+ yard receptions: 4 points

40 + yard touchdowns: 8 points

Kickoff Returns:

25 yards = 1 point

Return TD’s: 6 points

2 point conversions: 2 points

Fumbles: -1 points

Fumbles lost: -2 points

Offensive Fumble Return for TD: 6 points

 

@jetstream23 @King P @j4jets @joewilly12

@Dcat

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Let me know if you guys can roll with this.

Passing:

Passing TD’s : 5 points

Interceptions: -1 points

Passing yards: 25 yards = 1 point

Pick Six: -2 points

40+ yard completions: 3 points

40 + yard touchdowns: 6 points

Rushing:

Rushing TD’s: 6 points

Rushing Yards: 10 yards = 1 point

40 + yard run: 4 points 

40 + yard rushing TD: 7 points

Rushing 1st down: 0.5 points 

Receiving:

Receiving TD: 6 points

Receptions: 0.5 points

Receiving yards: 10 yards = 1 point

40+ yard receptions: 4 points

40 + yard touchdowns: 8 points

Kickoff Returns:

25 yards = 1 point

Return TD’s: 6 points

2 point conversions: 2 points

Fumbles: -1 points

Fumbles lost: -2 points

Offensive Fumble Return for TD: 6 points

 

@jetstream23 @King P @j4jets @joewilly12

@Dcat

 

 

 

Sounds good to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Let me know if you guys can roll with this.
Passing:
Passing TD’s : 5 points
Interceptions: -1 points
Passing yards: 25 yards = 1 point
Pick Six: -2 points
40+ yard completions: 3 points
40 + yard touchdowns: 6 points
Rushing:
Rushing TD’s: 6 points
Rushing Yards: 10 yards = 1 point
40 + yard run: 4 points 
40 + yard rushing TD: 7 points
Rushing 1st down: 0.5 points 
Receiving:
Receiving TD: 6 points
Receptions: 0.5 points
Receiving yards: 10 yards = 1 point
40+ yard receptions: 4 points
40 + yard touchdowns: 8 points
Kickoff Returns:
25 yards = 1 point
Return TD’s: 6 points
2 point conversions: 2 points
Fumbles: -1 points
Fumbles lost: -2 points
Offensive Fumble Return for TD: 6 points
 
[mention=9125]jetstream23[/mention] [mention=31793]King P[/mention] [mention=27457]j4jets[/mention] [mention=9609]joewilly12[/mention]
[mention=9150]Dcat[/mention]
 
 
 
Looks fine

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Also going to do 6 man bench and league approves trades.

Now do we want 3 starting WR’s or 2?

3

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Also going to do 6 man bench and league approves trades.

Now do we want 3 starting WR’s or 2?

2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, and 1 Flex is the ideal lineup

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

👍 I like this. 

Sounds good, we will run the line ups as such then. Looks like we just about have the rules set. We are just waiting on the set date and we will be ready to roll. 

I’m thinking a day after our preseason game against the Giants. It’s 8/24 on a Friday night so the next day is starts weekend and I think that could work.

8/25?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Let me know if you guys can roll with this.

Passing:

Passing TD’s : 5 points

Interceptions: -1 points

Passing yards: 25 yards = 1 point

Pick Six: -2 points

40+ yard completions: 3 points

40 + yard touchdowns: 6 points

Rushing:

Rushing TD’s: 6 points

Rushing Yards: 10 yards = 1 point

40 + yard run: 4 points 

40 + yard rushing TD: 7 points

Rushing 1st down: 0.5 points 

Receiving:

Receiving TD: 6 points

Receptions: 0.5 points

Receiving yards: 10 yards = 1 point

40+ yard receptions: 4 points

40 + yard touchdowns: 8 points

Kickoff Returns:

25 yards = 1 point

Return TD’s: 6 points

2 point conversions: 2 points

Fumbles: -1 points

Fumbles lost: -2 points

Offensive Fumble Return for TD: 6 points

 

@jetstream23 @King P @j4jets @joewilly12

@Dcat

 

 

 

I like everything except the huge bonuses.   I'd prefer no nonus categories at all tbh, but if we really need those I'd cut those down to one and two points.

With the scoring above, a single 40 yard TD reception would get 10.5 for yards/rec/TD.  Then tack on 12 more points from the 2 bonus categories.  22.5 points.  I'd rather see the 10.5 points go up by 2 or 3 points for the bonus..

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I like everything except the huge bonuses.   I'd prefer no nonus categories at all tbh, but if we really need those I'd cut those down to two or 3 points.

Alright sounds good.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Paradis said:

i was thinking - are there any ballers on this forum? and passed on signing up.... regretting it now. 

I'm kind of a big deal in fantasy land. 

 

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

 

You could learn a lot from me.

NFFC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dcat said:

 

NFFC?

huh?

If there's a spot that opens, I'll cordially invite myself to take it

You guys gotta beef up them line ups though. 6 man bench with 2+2 and a flex? Too easy -- or it lends itself to be too easy for those that don't do their homework. I prefer more complex set ups, (practice squad, 2+3 and your flex can double on TE) and prefered 8 man bench... no one should ever be able to scoop up a starting RB on waivers. 

But yea, i would like to play against you fools! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Paradis said:

huh?

If there's a spot that opens, I'll cordially invite myself to take it

You guys gotta beef up them line ups though. 6 man bench with 2+2 and a flex? Too easy -- or it lends itself to be too easy for those that don't do their homework. I prefer more complex set ups, (practice squad, 2+3 and your flex can double on TE) and prefered 8 man bench... no one should ever be able to scoop up a starting RB on waivers. 

But yea, i would like to play against you fools! ;)

If you could set up league B, you can definitely join in. The only reason there isn’t a slot open there is because I have to be apart of both since I was creating both leagues

would that be something you want to do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At some point pick two draft dates that seem good and organize the two leagues by which draft date people choose with you and Paradis as commishes. Prime drafting spots are for more of the high stakes games so draft time is critical to play in a free league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Dcat said:

At some point pick two draft dates that seem good and organize the two leagues by which draft date people choose with you and Paradis as commishes. Prime drafting spots are for more of the high stakes games so draft time is critical to play in a free league.

I’m thinking the day after the 3rd preseason game, Saturday 8/25. Yahoo runs off of LA time though so we’ll have to figure out the correct time. I run off Central time zone while many here are on Eastern Time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m thinking the day after the 3rd preseason game, Saturday 8/25. Yahoo runs off of LA time though so we’ll have to figure out the correct time. I run off Central time zone while many here are on Eastern Time. 

I have my Yahoo preferences set to EDT.  You can set them to whatever you want. The default is PDT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Let me know if you guys can roll with this.

Passing:

Passing TD’s : 5 points

Interceptions: -1 points

Passing yards: 25 yards = 1 point

Pick Six: -2 points

40+ yard completions: 3 points

40 + yard touchdowns: 6 points

Rushing:

Rushing TD’s: 6 points

Rushing Yards: 10 yards = 1 point

40 + yard run: 4 points 

40 + yard rushing TD: 7 points

Rushing 1st down: 0.5 points 

Receiving:

Receiving TD: 6 points

Receptions: 0.5 points

Receiving yards: 10 yards = 1 point

40+ yard receptions: 4 points

40 + yard touchdowns: 8 points

Kickoff Returns:

25 yards = 1 point

Return TD’s: 6 points

2 point conversions: 2 points

Fumbles: -1 points

Fumbles lost: -2 points

Offensive Fumble Return for TD: 6 points

 

@jetstream23 @King P @j4jets @joewilly12

@Dcat

 

 

 

Bonus points a extremely high imo. A 40 yard TD pass would give a QB almost 16 points. That’s way too high IMO. 

Bonus points should be just 1 point for each category you pointed out. It’s just a bonus point. The entire game shouldn’t depend on couple of big plays by a QB while that same QB lays an egg in the rest of the game. Same for recovering and rushing. All of these should be 1 point each. 

However, I’d like to see 2 bonus points for reaching 100 yards and then another 3 points for reaching 200 yards in receiving and rushing. Passing should give out 2 points for 300 yards, 3 for 400 yards and 4 for 500 yards. Those are real milestones as opposed to isolated big completions/rushes/catches. 

Also, are we going to have a kicker? If so, the extra point try should be 3 points, 30 yard kick 3 points, 40 yard 4 points and 50 yard 5 points. Missing a kick below 40 or extra point should result in a negative point. Standard format makes the kickers rather irrelevant with very minimal points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’ve never done Yahoo before, so if @joewilly12 says it’s random, i assume it is. Everything is all kinda new to me but I did fool with it for a minute yesterday. Made a quick “dummy league” to delete afterwards and it has a link to send out invites with..which is a lot more convenient than sending emails. 

I know a ton of people I do fantasy football with don’t even check emails lol.

Draft order can be one of two. Auto or manual. 

Manual is more fun requires trust. I don’t care either way. But in my usual league, the commish draws names out of the hat and posts it. Sounds more fun. 

The auto will be random and given to you 30 minutes prior to the start time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, j4jets said:

Draft order can be one of two. Auto or manual. 

Manual is more fun requires trust. I don’t care either way. But in my usual league, the commish draws names out of the hat and posts it. Sounds more fun. 

The auto will be random and given to you 30 minutes prior to the start time. 

the commish can auto random the draft order at any time prior to the draft.  Yahoo will do it automatically 30 minutes before.

I prefer the commish hit the random draft order button once all the teams are in.  It's better for everyone to know his draft slot at least a couple of days before the draft or more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dcat said:

At some point pick two draft dates that seem good and organize the two leagues by which draft date people choose with you and Paradis as commishes. Prime drafting spots are for more of the high stakes games so draft time is critical to play in a free league.

I'd love to, but I'm up to my scrotum in life at the moment and i already commish my regular "the league"... I don't want to commit and then under deliver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Draft order needs to be randomly selected by Yahoo.

End of discussion. 

of course.  But we can choose to do it at any time.  I am not a fan of finding out 30 minutes before the draft.  I'd like the commish to hit the random draft order button after all 12 teams are in each league.  And Yahoo shows exactly how many times a commish hits the "set draft order" button, so the commish should only be doing it once, otherwise it will look the commish is trying to reset draft order until he finds one he likes for himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'd love to, but I'm up to my scrotum in life at the moment and i already commish my regular "the league"... I don't want to commit and then under deliver

shucks.  Well if @Patriot Killa can't find a separate commish for the 2nd league, I guess I can do it.  But I am already commsh of 3 keeper leagues I run and would greatly prefer someone else step up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

shucks.  Well if @Patriot Killa can't find a separate commish for the 2nd league, I guess I can do it.  But I am already commsh of 3 keeper leagues I run and would greatly prefer someone else step up.

I got you covered. Killa can do one league. I’ll do league B. And if we need a third league, which I’m sure posters would love to join, we can start a league C later on. 

  • Post of the Week 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I got you covered. Killa can do one league. I’ll do league B. And if we need a third league, which I’m sure posters would love to join, we can start a league C later on. 

that's awesome!  We just have to make sure that both leagues have the same exact settings and scoring.  The only difference should be the draft date and 12 teams participating.

We'd also have to decide on whether we let it go into week 17.  I'd prefer not.  Let the 2 12-team leagues get their championships done on week 16.  Then, in week 17, the 2 winners from each league can set their rosters on the board here (because Yahoo doesn't allow a Championship merge between 2 different leagues) and they can have a head-to-head show down that we hand score.  

THere are other host sites that allow a Championship game to merge from a pair of champions in different leagues.  I play in one, but it's a pay site, not free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, j4jets said:

I got you covered. Killa can do one league. I’ll do league B. And if we need a third league, which I’m sure posters would love to join, we can start a league C later on. 

Appreciate it! This will help things go a lot smoother with timing and such. 

 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

that's awesome!  We just have to make sure that both leagues have the same exact settings and scoring.  The only difference should be the draft date and 12 teams participating.

We'd also have to decide on whether we let it go into week 17.  I'd prefer not.  Let the 2 12-team leagues get their championships done on week 16.  Then, in week 17, the 2 winners from each league can set their rosters on the board here (because Yahoo doesn't allow a Championship merge between 2 different leagues) and they can have a head-to-head show down that we hand score.  

THere are other host sites that allow a Championship game to merge from a pair of champions in different leagues.  I play in one, but it's a pay site, not free.

I think this is a fantastic idea tbh.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dcat said:

that's awesome!  We just have to make sure that both leagues have the same exact settings and scoring.  The only difference should be the draft date and 12 teams participating.

We'd also have to decide on whether we let it go into week 17.  I'd prefer not.  Let the 2 12-team leagues get their championships done on week 16.  Then, in week 17, the 2 winners from each league can set their rosters on the board here (because Yahoo doesn't allow a Championship merge between 2 different leagues) and they can have a head-to-head show down that we hand score.  

THere are other host sites that allow a Championship game to merge from a pair of champions in different leagues.  I play in one, but it's a pay site, not free.

I like the idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

once we've recruited enough to get 24 teams, we should get a mod to pin this to the top of the Fantasy Sports forum to get it out of the main forum?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2018 at 12:01 PM, Dcat said:

once we've recruited enough to get 24 teams, we should get a mod to pin this to the top of the Fantasy Sports forum to get it out of the main forum?  

Oh we’re set for the teams. @Charlie Brown could you pin this in the fantasy sports forum.

thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2018 at 12:34 PM, joewilly12 said:

Draft order needs to be randomly selected by Yahoo.

End of discussion. 

I 100% agree with this.  Should always be random

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2018 at 4:37 PM, Patriot Killa said:

Let me know if you guys can roll with this.

Passing:

Passing TD’s : 5 points

Interceptions: -1 points

Passing yards: 25 yards = 1 point

Pick Six: -2 points

40+ yard completions: 3 points

40 + yard touchdowns: 6 points

Rushing:

Rushing TD’s: 6 points

Rushing Yards: 10 yards = 1 point

40 + yard run: 4 points 

40 + yard rushing TD: 7 points

Rushing 1st down: 0.5 points 

Receiving:

Receiving TD: 6 points

Receptions: 0.5 points

Receiving yards: 10 yards = 1 point

40+ yard receptions: 4 points

40 + yard touchdowns: 8 points

Kickoff Returns:

25 yards = 1 point

Return TD’s: 6 points

2 point conversions: 2 points

Fumbles: -1 points

Fumbles lost: -2 points

Offensive Fumble Return for TD: 6 points

 

@jetstream23 @King P @j4jets @joewilly12

@Dcat

 

 

 

Cool with me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...