We doing a JetNation fantasy football league?

Patriot Killa

Which site would you prefer to do Fantasy Football on?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Select the one you prefer

• NFL.com
    • Yahoo.com
    • ESPN.com

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Paradis said:

What about me?? I’m a god damn college graduate!!! (Judgement Night reference anyone?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any spot left should go to Paradis....if only for the fact that he and I blew it up in San Diego the night before the Jets beat the Chargers in that 2009 playoff game! lol

Any spot left should go to Paradis....if only for the fact that he and I blew it up in San Diego the night before the Jets beat the Chargers in that 2009 playoff game! lol

lol thanks. Got the invite. I’ll log in and such when I’m off work this evening

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

maybe a shout out on the main forum would let us get a few more that might be interested. I never see updates from this section, maybe others too. 

Looks like Paradis is in and will sign up later today when he gets in front of his computer.  So we should be a 10 in League A by tomorrow morning.

@Patriot Killa and @j4jets,  I just signed on for the Saturday draft.

I have some concerns about the settings and scoring:

1. Kill the "can't cut list" by Yahoo. It sucks.  It takes them forever to allow you to cut a player after he gets injured.  When Rodgers went down last year, It took them a week to remove Rodgers from the can't cut list thereby impeding Rodgers owners from getting a replacement.  It also takes them forever to make someone IR eligible.
  2. add a negative 1 pts for missed field goals and extra points
  3. the penalties for INTs should be the same as that for fumbles lost.  A turnover is a turnover.  Make them both -2.
  4. The bonuses are redundant and excessive.  A QB who throws a 50 Yard TD gets the following: 4 (TD) + 2 (50 yards) + 1 (40+yd completion bonus) + 2 (40+yd TD).  Similar redundant excess for receiving and rushing.  Frankly, I'd just prefer you give 6 pts for all TDs and reduce or eliminate all the wacked bonuses.  Sometimes simplicity is the best thing you can have.  JMO
  5. Waivers: I prefer the "weekly rolling list based on standings" option.  It resets each week allowing the crappy teams first stab at waivers.  I know it's unfair to the stronger teams, I get that, but it keeps everyone interested even when their team is losing week after week. The other way is more inclined to result in abandoned teams mid season and beyond.  But no biggie there. 
  6. Make the league Publicly Viewable in settings so that we can all see how the other 12-team league is doing and so that others at JN can check in and see how awful some of us are.

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

@Patriot Killa and @j4jets,  I just signed on for the Saturday draft.

I have some concerns about the settings and scoring:

1. Kill the "can't cut list" by Yahoo. It sucks.  It takes them forever to allow you to cut a player after he gets injured.  When Rodgers went down last year, It took them a week to remove Rodgers from the can't cut list thereby impeding Rodgers owners from getting a replacement.  It also takes them forever to make someone IR eligible.
  2. add a negative 1 pts for missed field goals and extra points
  3. the penalties for INTs should be the same as that for fumbles lost.  A turnover is a turnover.  Make them both -2.
  4. The bonuses are redundant and excessive.  A QB who throws a 50 Yard TD gets the following: 4 (TD) + 2 (50 yards) + 1 (40+yd completion bonus) + 2 (40+yd TD).  Similar redundant excess for receiving and rushing.  Frankly, I'd just prefer you give 6 pts for all TDs and reduce or eliminate all the wacked bonuses.  Sometimes simplicity is the best thing you can have.  JMO
  5. Waivers: I prefer the "weekly rolling list based on standings" option.  It resets each week allowing the crappy teams first stab at waivers.  I know it's unfair to the stronger teams, I get that, but it keeps everyone interested even when their team is losing week after week. The other way is more inclined to result in abandoned teams mid season and beyond.  But no biggie there. 
  6. Make the league Publicly Viewable in settings so that we can all see how the other 12-team league is doing and so that others at JN can check in and see how awful some of us are.

I think I'm fine with all of these, actually, except maybe one.... such broad agreement is a rare occurrence on JN! :P  

The only thing I'd push back on slightly is #4.  I completely agree that the bonuses are excessive and kinda double-dipping, but I don't think passing TDs should be 6 points which is the same as rushing and receiving TDs.  Quarterbacks tend to have much higher TD totals with good ones throwing upwards of 25 or 30 in a season.  A great RB or WR typically end ups with what, maybe 12?  I think treating passing TDs the same as rushing and receiving TDs would really skew our scoring and have QBs putting up really big fantasy point totals.  Passing TDs should stay around 4 or 5.

The thing I agree with most is the Can't Cut list.  It's typically done to prevent some jerkoff in a league from getting pissed and cutting Todd Gurley in Week 3 where his buddy who is first on Waiver Wire priority can grab him.  I don't think we'll have that issue and as @Dcat said, if someone gets hurt and you're stuck with him for a few weeks because Yahoo hasn't removed him from the Can't Cut list then that really sucks.

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think I'm fine with all of these, actually, except maybe one.... such broad agreement is a rare occurrence on JN! :P  

The only thing I'd push back on slightly is #4.  I completely agree that the bonuses are excessive and kinda double-dipping, but I don't think passing TDs should be 6 points which is the same as rushing and receiving TDs.  Quarterbacks tend to have much higher TD totals with good ones throwing upwards of 25 or 30 in a season.  A great RB or WR typically end ups with what, maybe 12?  I think treating passing TDs the same as rushing and receiving TDs would really skew our scoring and have QBs putting up really big fantasy point totals.  Passing TDs should stay around 4 or 5.

The thing I agree with most is the Can't Cut list.  It's typically done to prevent some jerkoff in a league from getting pissed and cutting Todd Gurley in Week 3 where his buddy who is first on Waiver Wire priority can grab him.  I don't think we'll have that issue and as @Dcat said, if someone gets hurt and you're stuck with him for a few weeks because Yahoo hasn't removed him from the Can't Cut list then that really sucks.

I sit on the other side of that fence regarding QB scoring.  Absolutely hate how most  FF renders QBs far less relevant than they actulayy are in the NFL and less relevant than other position players.  Using 6 pts for passing TDs makes QBs a bit more important and genreally higher scorers than other positions (for which we have multiple starters).  I'm a fan of making QBs more relevant in fantasy.  I even ran a superflex league last year which made QBs overly relevant, IMO.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I sit on the other side of that fence regarding QB scoring.  Absolutely hate how most  FF renders QBs far less relevant than they actulayy are in the NFL and less relevant than other position players.  Using 6 pts for passing TDs makes QBs a bit more important and genreally higher scorers than other positions (for which we have multiple starters).  I'm a fan of making QBs more relevant in fantasy.  I even ran a superflex league last year which made QBs overly relevant, IMO.

Fair point but I think it's a matter of preference.  We can agree to disagree on this one.

I suggest we add punters and long snappers to even this out! :P 

Just checked the site.  I like it.

I'm onboard with Passing TDs at 6.  Dcat is putting the Quarterbacking back in Fantasy Football! lol

If we really want to get nutty rather than have all missed FGs be -1, we could severely penalize a missed FG that's between 0-19 yards with a -3. lol

(Don't do that.  I can just imagine my Kicker getting -6 points in a game). :P 

31 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Just checked the site.  I like it.

I'm onboard with Passing TDs at 6.  Dcat is putting the Quarterbacking back in Fantasy Football! lol

If we really want to get nutty rather than have all missed FGs be -1, we could severely penalized a missed FG that's between 0-19 yards with a -3. lol

(Don't do that.  I can just imagine my Kicker getting -6 points in a game). :P 

Kickers have a real place in this FF league I can tell you that. This would be my first time penalizing missed FG’s.

Here are the details as it stands. I like bonus points on big plays. It’s a way to reward a big play. Same for a big day (100 years rushing/receiving or 300 passing etc). Changed the waiver rules to weekly. 

BDF58D43-CF8C-40B9-A7FF-9EFFF8C68630.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

If you have a space open I would like to join. Provided it doesn’t include a too large fee. I am a noob at this but committed and a keen learner. 

I don't think we're doing money.  More like some JN bragging rights, although I'd be fine if others wanted to kick in a few bucks.

But probably best to award some kind of badge of honor to the winner....and maybe a badge of shame to the loser? lol

Whoever comes in last place has to use this signature picture for 6 months??? :P

i-suck-at-fantasy-football-t-shirt.png

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I don't think we're doing money.  More like some JN bragging rights, although I'd be fine if others wanted to kick in a few bucks.

But probably best to award some kind of badge of honor to the winner....and maybe a badge of shame to the loser? lol

Whoever comes in last place has to use this signature picture for 6 months??? :P

i-suck-at-fantasy-football-t-shirt.png

Haha so essentially the loser can’t post in 6 months. Excellent. ?

Archived