OT. I had to put down my dog, Jetsie today.

freestater

Hey guys I'm sorry to clutter the bored during training camp. But some of you have been my fake Internet friends for a long long time and I just felt like I had to let you know that I had to put down my dog Jetsie today.  Poor girl deteriorated pretty quickly on me and I'm pretty tore up. Give your little furry buddies an extra hug for me today. 

24002.png

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terribly sorry for your loss.

I'm sure you gave her the best life possible for all those years, and she'll be there waiting to greet you when your time eventually comes.

I'll hold my boy(His name is Jet) close tonight and give him an extra hug for you!

5 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Terribly sorry for your loss.

I'm sure you gave her the best life possible for all those years, and she'll be there waiting to greet you when your time eventually comes.

I'll hold my boy(His name is Jet) close tonight and give him an extra hug for you!

Good name! Jetsie and I approve.?

My condolences. Having to put down a beloved pet (cats inclluded) is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I still can't read the Rainbow Bridge without misting up. She was a beautiful animal and probably a gift from God. Hang in there.

4 minutes ago, freestater said:

I was much much luckier to have had her. Thank you?

So many animals go uncared for, live on the streets or have miserable lives.  I'm sure you gave her a great one!  We rescued a dachshund two years ago and named him Richter after Mike Richter from the NY Rangers following a family vote.  Curtis....as in Martin, came in second. lol

FullSizeRender 54.jpg

27 minutes ago, freestater said:

Hey guys I'm sorry to clutter the bored during training camp. But some of you have been my fake Internet friends for a long long time and I just felt like I had to let you know that I had to put down my dog Jetsie today.  Poor girl deteriorated pretty quickly on me and I'm pretty tore up. Give your little furry buddies an extra hug for me today. 

24002.png

Sorry to hear this, Free.  As a dog lover, I can feel your pain  Don't know what else to say.  Hang in there, brother.   ? ? 

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

So many animals go uncared for, live on the streets or have miserable lives.  I'm sure you gave her a great one!  We rescued a dachshund two years ago and named him Richter after Mike Richter from the NY Rangers following a family vote.  Curtis....as in Martin, came in second. lol

FullSizeRender 54.jpg

A buddy of mine found her alongside 390 in a blizzard in January. She was 12 weeks old didn't have all of her baby teeth yet and was Pink on the belly. She's been with me ever since. Some piece of trash threw her out alongside the highway but it turned out to be the best thing because then me and her had a great life together

41 minutes ago, freestater said:

24002.png

Sorry for your loss! Beautiful dog! They are part of the family. My dog is also aging she is 13 and slowing down. 

Just now, rammagen said:

I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you. My best buddy is getting treatment for cancer. every morning for the next 3 weeks I just want him to be pain free and make it to old age. It is heart breaking

100_0100.JPG

I hear ya man. Jetsie had diabetes. She weighed 92 lbs in may for her annual checkup. She weighed 68 on Wednesday. Broke my heart.

So sorry to hear about your loss.  It is terribly sad.  A lot of people say that it's like losing a family member but in some ways it's worse because they never really cause you any pain and all they do is give you love and gratitude.

We lost our guy after fifteen years about two years ago.  Hard times.  But this winter adopted another little guy from Mississippi who has added a lot of happiness to our house.  Best of luck to you.

27 minutes ago, rammagen said:

I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you. My best buddy is getting treatment for cancer. every morning for the next 3 weeks I just want him to be pain free and make it to old age. It is heart breaking

100_0100.JPG

Good luck! Beautiful dog!

42 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

FullSizeRender 54.jpg

Why is he painted blue? :)

Archived