OT. I had to put down my dog, Jetsie today.

freestater

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, freestater said:

Hey guys I'm sorry to clutter the bored during training camp. But some of you have been my fake Internet friends for a long long time and I just felt like I had to let you know that I had to put down my dog Jetsie today.  Poor girl deteriorated pretty quickly on me and I'm pretty tore up. Give your little furry buddies an extra hug for me today. 

24002.png

I'm so very sorry for your loss old friend.  

They bring us so much joy, but their passing can be so very tough to take.

Dogs have got to be one of, if not THE happiest creatures on earth. The relationships we create with them over the years are like family, and they hold a special place in our hearts. So sorry for you loss brother, thinking about you today.

2 hours ago, freestater said:

Hey guys I'm sorry to clutter the bored during training camp. But some of you have been my fake Internet friends for a long long time and I just felt like I had to let you know that I had to put down my dog Jetsie today.  Poor girl deteriorated pretty quickly on me and I'm pretty tore up. Give your little furry buddies an extra hug for me today. 

24002.png

Condolences, Freestater.  I just put my 12 yo king shepherd down in January.  Hang in there, I know it is tough.  She is in a better place.

15 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

Dogs have got to be one of, if not THE happiest creatures on earth. The relationships we create with them over the years are like family, and they hold a special place in our hearts. So sorry for you loss brother, thinking about you today.

They never have a bad day. When you come home, there they are happy as ever to see you. Everyday! Everyday!

3 hours ago, freestater said:

Sound advice. I just gave my Siamese cat Ripley ( Ellen) some treats and a hug. Again, so sorry Free.

2 hours ago, freestater said:

I hear ya man. Jetsie had diabetes. She weighed 92 lbs in may for her annual checkup. She weighed 68 on Wednesday. Broke my heart.

I feel you Pets enter our lives and make such huge improvement into the daily rituals. It hurts beyond belief but we give them the best we have as they give us the same unconditionally.

36 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Not cool. Don't get the cat hatred. They can be as loving and fun as a dog

I get it, you can't see sarcasm on the internet in regular text, my bad. Having said that, no, cats are not as fun as dogs. Never have been never will be. Oh wait, you down voted me.... Now my feelings are hurt...

59 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I get it, you can't see sarcasm on the internet in regular text, my bad. Having said that, no, cats are not as fun as dogs. Never have been never will be. Oh wait, you down voted me.... Now my feelings are hurt...

Right, I didn't get the sarcasm (if that's what it was). We'll agree to disagree as your experiences have apparently been different mine. Cats & dogs are equal with me. Different, but equal.

Hey man .. putting your dog down is definitely one of the toughest things you'll do in life ... But s/he is having a better time in doggie heaven... I put mine down last year ... Hang in there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Hey man .. putting your dog down is definitely one of the toughest things you'll do in life ... But s/he is having a better time in doggie heaven... I put mine down last year ... Hang in there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks man. Funny coincidence...Jetsie was one of those dogs who would watch tv. Anytime a dog came on, she would start growling or barking. It was pretty amusing. Anyway, you avatar, that's one of my favorite movies and I used to joke that I couldn't watch it anymore because of all the huskies in it. Won't be making that joke anymore. Gonna miss her freak outs.

Archived