Green/White Scrimmage Discussion ~~ Sar got banned thread

Patriot Killa

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the deal. I saw several reported posts about you when I was at the scrimmage. Got home and had stuff to do and I just got the chance to log back in now. Your post last night was COMPLETE garbage. You have been here for a long time, and mistakes happen. But you have had a lot of "mistakes" over the years. Makes one wonder...
What you posted was completely racist and will not be tolerated here.
You walk around as if you think somehow you are above the rules. You act as if we need you. I will tell you what, I will personally shut this site down before we let what you say you stand for become accepted here.
You have been banned. I left your IP address intact so you can read this. 

Thanks Phil.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Here's the deal. I saw several reported posts about you when I was at the scrimmage. Got home and had stuff to do and I just got the chance to log back in now. Your post last night was COMPLETE garbage. You have been here for a long time, and mistakes happen. But you have had a lot of "mistakes" over the years. Makes one wonder...

You walk around as if you think somehow you are above the rules. You act as if we need you. I will tell you what, I will personally shut this site down before we let what you say you stand for become accepted here.

Wow

15 hours ago, johnnysd said:

"Suck for Sam" was a thing for a reason. I agree his release is even faster but it was never ever slow like Leberfield always want to say. Sam was the #1 pick in everyones mind for 18 months of so because he is the best, most dynamic QB prospect in a while. But in the year of the nitpick people find minute things to hate on him for. And forgot he was 20. Now with him in camp it seems everyone is remembering what made him such a dominating prospect in the first place.

I didn't want us to "Suck for Sam", but I did hope we'd still get him somehow.  I still can't believe that we did.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Max. Don't mean to drag this thing and his last act can't be defended at all but he was a color for this board. You are the owner and it is your decision and I respect that totally but just wondering if this is a permaban or a temporary one?

7 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Max. Don't mean to drag this thing and his last act can't be defended at all but he was a color for this board. You are the owner and it is your decision and I respect that totally but just wondering if this is a permaban or a temporary one?

He received a 60 day ban.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

I can’t go 12 hours without checking this website your life is more interesting than mine :-)

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

I don't post much but I spend a lot of time on this site because it is the best place to follow the team I love all year long with people who can really understand what it means to be a Jet fan.  I also enjoy the community nature and the fact that we can discuss football without the bitterness and rancor that seems to divide our country along so many fronts.  This is a great place because of the people here and your leadership Max. I want you to know that I appreciate it.

9 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

“Better ingredients. Better pizza. Papa John.”

Hahahahahah ... My 8 year old went to a friends birthday party at one of those trampoline jumping places ... All the kids had the  best time ever ... For dinner everyone was served Papa Johns ... Ever since my poor dumb son associates Papa Johns with having such a great time that he thinks it is the best pizza ever! ????

Well done Max. Anyone who’s been around long enough and from the Jetsinsider days knows his shtick. Frankly it’s old and not funny anymore. I find him boring, a one trick pony. Good riddance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

I don't post much but I spend a lot of time on this site because it is the best place to follow the team I love all year long with people who can really understand what it means to be a Jet fan.  I also enjoy the community nature and the fact that we can discuss football without the bitterness and rancor that seems to divide our country along so many fronts.  This is a great place because of the people here and your leadership Max. I want you to know that I appreciate it.

Thanks Doc, definitely appreciate that.

3 hours ago, batman10023 said:

I can’t go 12 hours without checking this website your life is more interesting than mine :-)

I’ve “creeped” for years checking in constantly all day every day mainly on JI originally but this place is way better and like crack for me. Best forum experience for me over the last 10 years hands down. 

In all honesty, talking about it only gives it more juice... just like the cameras not showing a guy running on the field because people will keep doing it.

i personally think this thread should be closed and the topic dropped and moved on from. Action was taken, and the correct action was taken. As terrible as what he said was, no one is physically hurt, we are all good. Let’s get back to what we are all here for, Jets Football. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

I want to apologize to the Board.

I was the first Moderator who tried to respond to SAR's inappropriate comments and I did a piss poor job.

I should have banned SAR as Max rightly did; I wont make that mistake again....

Don't blame yourself your doing a good job. SAR being an ass is normal, he went over the edge this time. The JN community is better with you on board. 

I've been interacting with SAR for years (decades?) from back in the JI days.  There's no way to defend what he said.  I do think most of us who "know" him probably took his inappropriate comment as a poor attempt at humor with no true ill will towards minorities, but the simple fact is that there are certain things you simply don't joke about and insulting people because of their race, religion, orientation, etc. just can't be tolerated one iota.  And, it's not just because of the current state of the world or how things are trending lately, the social justice or "me too" stuff or whatever.  It's simply wrong anytime....today, yesterday, last year or two decades ago.  It's never fun to see a longtime poster banned for an extended time, especially when 60 days will take us well into the season, but there's really no way to argue that it should be anything less than that.  Hopefully some lessons were learned and everyone can just move on from this.  Go Jets!

I've been interacting with SAR for years (decades?) from back in the JI days.  There's no way to defend what he said.  I do think most of us who "know" him probably took his inappropriate comment as a poor attempt at humor with no true ill will towards minorities, but the simple fact is that there are certain things you simply don't joke about and insulting people because of their race, religion, orientation, etc. just can't be tolerated one iota.  And, it's not just because of the current state of the world or how things are trending lately, the social justice or "me too" stuff or whatever.  It's simply wrong anytime....today, yesterday, last year or two decades ago.  It's never fun to see a longtime poster banned for an extended time, especially when 60 days will take us well into the season, but there's really no way to argue that it should be anything less than that.  Hopefully some lessons were learned and everyone can just move on from this.  Go Jets!

I too remember him from JI days and I actually normally get a kick out of his sense of humor. But we want this place to be a place where everyone feels welcome. Comments like that — even if made just to be outrageous — make people feel like outsiders for no good reason.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I was the first Moderator who tried to respond to SAR's inappropriate comments and I did a piss poor job.

Don’t blame yourself, you’re a good man Charlie Brown.  

Thought the venue at RU was great.  Commented to my son when we go to AH it's always 110 degrees and just four sets of bleachers available.

Fireworks were cool.  The play they ran for Gio was awesome.

Although I didn't go for autographs at the end, the players made themselves available which was nice.

Also saw Trumaine Johnson playing catch in the stands with some fans.

Hope they have it there again next year.

On 8/4/2018 at 8:41 PM, T0mShane said:

Judging by the tweets, the team can’t block interior pressure and we’re going 3-13 because of it.

So we’ve gone from 10-6 and making the playoffs to 8-8 to 6-10 to 4-12 to 3-13. Seems we’re moving in the wrong direction. And with Mac’s reluctance to spend high draft picks on OL and his lousy inability to plug quality FA’s into needed spots, it doesn’t look like this will be getting better anytime soon. 

After reading the whole thread I gotta say that I'm encouraged and looking forward to the season. Some good things and some bad things. That's to be expected as they iron out the kinks and guys get used to playing with each other. The line play is alarming but we all knew going in that this was going to be a problem. I will reserve judgement until I see the pre-season games and see how they play against other teams. Hopefully the DL is just that good and will cause problems for ANY OL. We will see.

Darnold looks like he is doing just what we all hoped he would. Watching some film I was impressed with his ability to throw on the run and its early in camp. He can only improve as he learns more of the offense and thats all you can really ask for. Those who were predicting a winning record and a special season may be disappointed. All I want to see is a season of improvement and competitive play. No quitting, and no repetitive mistakes. Do that and the record will take care of itself. I am cautiously optimistic as TC ramps up and I am excited to see some Jets Football FINALLY.

This site is an excellent source of Jets info for guys like me who do not have access like guys in the Tri-State  area do. I check this site at least twice a day for info on this team and love to interact with other fans and occasionally banter back and forth with a few. Its never personal for me and I never hold a grudge against anyone on this site. Its all in fun for me and I hope it is for others as well. Just remember We are all Jet Fans and our common goal is to see this team make it to the top. We are ALL Green and White and those are the only colors that should matter, at least on these boards. So lets keep it Green and White my Jet Bro's and lets gear up for a bright future. Oh yeah Bowles sucks and Macc's an idiot. LOL.

9 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

In my book you still got a great chance to start opening day rook! 

9 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

No apologies. You are doing fine.

Archived