Green/White Scrimmage Discussion ~~ Sar got banned thread

Patriot Killa

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

At the start of camp I thought this was a 7-9 team, but now it feels like a 4-12 team. The interior OL seems to be a series of turnstiles (which was a problem last year) and the speed at OLB is still non-competitive. The stars of camp have been literally anyone who lines up at DT, Trenton Cannon, and the new TE, which indicates, again, that the middle of the field is open for business for opposing offenses, and any RB who runs a sub 4.7/40 is going to win on the edge. These are bad, bad things and fundamental problems that are impossible to overcome. Add to that the offense has been penalty-prone throughout camp and you have a disaster awaiting. 

Which is why Darnold should NOT start. Don't put a 21 year old rookie out there with a weak OL. That is a recipe for ruining him.  Let McCown and Bridewater take the beatings until the position can be improved next off season. There is no hurry to get the kid on the field, IMO. I have been waiting 50 years. I can wait for 1-2 more.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Saw the video of this.  No one will talk about how Jamal Adams misses what should have been a routine tackle.

gimme a chance and i will!   

errybuddy wantsa say the safeties will be very good for a long time.

am not buying it. my eyes tell me different. and the sooner we find a real NFL LB to take Lee's spot...  we're gonna get gashed for huge plays.

7 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

gimme a chance and i will!   

errybuddy wantsa say the safeties will be very good for a long time.

am not buying it. my eyes tell me different. and the sooner we find a real NFL LB to take Lee's spot...  we're gonna get gashed for huge plays.

My stomach wasn't able to handle my focusing hardcore at all times last season ... but what I saw of Maye I was hopeful about

3 minutes ago, ljr said:

My stomach wasn't able to handle my focusing hardcore

not sure if you are citing health issues or saying actually wacthing them made you sick ....

it's the latter with me. sbeen a few years since I watched the games. they are simply too bad.

the occasional nationally televised games i watched half assedly. 

50 minutes ago, C Mart said:

1. It's a practice - 8 days from the beginning of TC

2. Bowles said they wanted to give the young guys alot of work

3. McCown played 1 series

4. The below didn't practice

Following #Jets appear to not be practicing: - Enunwa - Pryor - Beachum - Maye - McLendon - Leggett - Peake - Golson - Simon - Pierre-Louis - Rodgers - Clark - Nickerson - Miles (PUP)

Oh man Charone Peake and Steve McClendon didn’t practice? Surprised they didn’t cancel it. At least they have eight days to get Josh McCown up to speed.

Just now, Losmeister said:

not sure if you are citing health issues or saying actually wacthing them made you sick ....

it's the latter with me. sbeen a few years since I watched the games. they are simply too bad.

the occasional nationally televised games i watched half assedly. 

Thanks for the concern ... It was just "tongue n cheek" saying the performance made me sick though :)

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

At the start of camp I thought this was a 7-9 team, but now it feels like a 4-12 team. The interior OL seems to be a series of turnstiles (which was a problem last year) and the speed at OLB is still non-competitive. The stars of camp have been literally anyone who lines up at DT, Trenton Cannon, and the new TE, which indicates, again, that the middle of the field is open for business for opposing offenses, and any RB who runs a sub 4.7/40 is going to win on the edge. These are bad, bad things and fundamental problems that are impossible to overcome. Add to that the offense has been penalty-prone throughout camp and you have a disaster awaiting. 

4-12 would hopefully mean the end of the bowles era so I'll take it.   Even with a loaded team Bowles is 9-7 waiting to happen.   

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Oh man Charone Peake and Steve McClendon didn’t practice? Surprised they didn’t cancel it. At least they have eight days to get Josh McCown up to speed.

Only 2 days longer than It took God to create the world ... Sounds about right!

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Charone Peake LOL such depth we have at WR and we are loaded at WR.......

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

OL issues are a problem with a rookie QB.

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

I hate to say it but I think you’re right. I left practice yesterday feeling not so great about the team. I think our receivers had an off day but for this team to succeed they have to be able to stay spread on offense and on defense I don’t think we’ve solved anything in the same positions we’ve struggled for years. 

I only saw one practice but for the first time all offseason I felt the SOJ creep.

Really?  Are all these issues hidden behind the Sam hype?  Confusing...

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Minority is a phrase that will have to be redifined very soon, especially in certain laws, and policy’s that were set in place to force the racist political Aholes to stop discrimination for certain professions, and/or positions within a company/profession.

In my school district the white race is included in the minority, the majority of people within my school districts borders are Latino, it’s always been a very highly Latino populated area, half my friends are Latinos, and I don’t ever have thoughts about Latinos being any different then any other person I see, or interact with, in the last few years they have officially taken over as the majority in the area, and soon white people are going to start trying to take advantage of any law, or policy that gives a minority an extra advantage at getting a job.  So stupid I just don’t get why we as Americans can’t just look at each other as Americans regardless of race, ethnicity, ect. get away from the Latin American, African American, Italian American, Irish American, Asian American ect. labels, and lets just all be AMERICAN!  This isn’t political, you don’t need politics to unite as a nation, and be proud to call yourself American, I understand why some are not in this day, and age, but hopefully soon we can get past all that, stop fighting between races, and come together as Americans.

Sorry for rant that may not be suitable for the board, but figured this was a place to post it after the few posts that bordered on crossing the line.

Dude must be Jewish.

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

You have to also remember these ARE practices. They’re moving guys all over the place, finding what works best. 

Yeah...PRACTICE.  You ever been to a practice before? It's a sh*t show.  No one looks good in practice. Ever.  Flashes occasionally.

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Which is why Darnold should NOT start. Don't put a 21 year old rookie out there with a weak OL. That is a recipe for ruining him.  Let McCown and Bridewater take the beatings until the position can be improved next off season. There is no hurry to get the kid on the field, IMO. I have been waiting 50 years. I can wait for 1-2 more.

I 100% agree with this.

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

1. It's a practice - 8 days from the beginning of TC

2. Bowles said they wanted to give the young guys alot of work

3. McCown played 1 series

4. The below didn't practice

Following #Jets appear to not be practicing: - Enunwa - Pryor - Beachum - Maye - McLendon - Leggett - Peake - Golson - Simon - Pierre-Louis - Rodgers - Clark - Nickerson - Miles (PUP)

1) Yeah, I know but these problem areas aren’t new. Plus, I stated that it’s 1 practice and I know they were half putting on a show for fans. 

2) Young guys are the nucleus of this team, and some of those should guys  need to step up for the success of the team.

3) Sorry, this is a terrible point. McCown shouldn’t play any series and anything he does positively is a non factor.

4) Which one of those guys solves our issues in the interior offensive line, or helps Darron Lee not give up a long play to a running back?

Sam Darnold just gave Jets a juicy taste of his future

August 4, 2018 | 11:47pm

Sam Darnold made up for lost time Saturday night.

After missing the first three days of training campwhile he and the Jets haggled over his contract, the rookie got the majority of work among the quarterbacks in the Jets’ Green & White scrimmage in front of a crowd of about 18,000 at Rutgers University.

Overall, Darnold played well as the third quarterback to take the field. He completed 9-of-11 passes for 89 yards. He also ran for 13 yards on two scrambles and was sacked twice. Darnold oversaw four drives in the scrimmage, while Teddy Bridgewater got three drives and Josh McCown got one.

“He got a lot of work with the third group,” Todd Bowles said. “That was our plan, to play a lot of the young guys tonight. It’s part of catching him up to speed. We’ll look at the film, and we’ll see what happened. He’s grasping the offense pretty well, and we’ll go from there.”

The most impressive part of Darnold’s game early in training camp has been his mobility and ability to keep plays alive. You can tell he is comfortable throwing on the run, and he made one really nice 9-yard run when he tucked it and scrambled.

“Those are some of the things he did in college, as well, extending plays,” Bowles said. “It’s good to have good feet in this league, as well as an arm.”

Darnold also showed he can make the throws. He made a pretty pass across the field to tight end Clive Walford on the sideline, a throw that requires major arm strength. He also found tight end Neal Sterling for a 30-yard gain, his longest throw of the night.

The Jets did not make any of the quarterbacks available to the media after the game. Wide receiver Jermaine Kearse praised Darnold for his ability to give receivers a chance, even when he is under pressure.

“He’s an athletic guy,” Kearse said. “He’s just as accurate on the run as he is in the pocket. That’s something that he’ll utilize to his advantage. It will help to extend plays in situations where he gets forced out of the pocket. It allows us to find areas to get open. He keeps his eyes down the field. That’s a good thing for us. We just have to find the open areas for him to deliver the ball.”

McCown started the scrimmage with his only drive of the night. He went 3-for-3 for 69 yards and hit Bilal Powell with a short pass that Powell took 52 yards for a touchdown. That was it for McCown, who watched the rest of the scrimmage from the sideline.

Bridgewater did not do anything flashy but did not have an incompletion. He was 7-for-7 for 53 yards. Bridgewater was under siege behind the backup offensive line that allowed him to be sacked four times.

“We let too many guys get in the backfield,” Bowles said.

The Jets now enter the next phase of training camp and the quarterback competition as they prepare for their preseason opener Friday against the Falcons at MetLife Stadium. The Jets have three practices this week before they face the Falcons.

The Jets expect Darnold to keep progressing before that next test.

“He takes a step forward every practice,” Kearse said. “ I saw that from the get-go when we got into OTAs. He got better each practice and that’s all you can ask for. He’s just got to continue to keep his head down and keep learning as much as he can and make the most of the opportunities he g

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Stop playing the victim. I’m a minority too and I said I was sorry. Move on. 

SAR I

Here's the deal. I saw several reported posts about you when I was at the scrimmage. Got home and had stuff to do and I just got the chance to log back in now. Your post last night was COMPLETE garbage. You have been here for a long time, and mistakes happen. But you have had a lot of "mistakes" over the years. Makes one wonder...

What you posted was completely racist and will not be tolerated here.

You walk around as if you think somehow you are above the rules. You act as if we need you. I will tell you what, I will personally shut this site down before we let what you say you stand for become accepted here.

You have been banned. I left your IP address intact so you can read this. 

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Minority is a phrase that will have to be redifined very soon, especially in certain laws, and policy’s that were set in place to force the racist political Aholes to stop discrimination for certain professions, and/or positions within a company/profession.

In my school district the white race is included in the minority, the majority of people within my school districts borders are Latino, it’s always been a very highly Latino populated area, half my friends are Latinos, and I don’t ever have thoughts about Latinos being any different then any other person I see, or interact with, in the last few years they have officially taken over as the majority in the area, and soon white people are going to start trying to take advantage of any law, or policy that gives a minority an extra advantage at getting a job.  So stupid I just don’t get why we as Americans can’t just look at each other as Americans regardless of race, ethnicity, ect. get away from the Latin American, African American, Italian American, Irish American, Asian American ect. labels, and lets just all be AMERICAN!  This isn’t political, you don’t need politics to unite as a nation, and be proud to call yourself American, I understand why some are not in this day, and age, but hopefully soon we can get past all that, stop fighting between races, and come together as Americans.

Sorry for rant that may not be suitable for the board, but figured this was a place to post it after the few posts that bordered on crossing the line.

Well this definitely isn't the place for that discussion. The bottom line is this, what Sar posted was complete garbage, in no way funny and over the line.

It is for those reasons that he is out.

34 minutes ago, faba said:

How about we wait to see how we line up in  a game before jumping at conclusions

Why not just agree with those who havent even been to a practice and know what the line will be like once the actual games start?  I mean reading tweets from a practice are more than telling. 

The concessions at HighPoint Rutgers stadium are usually ran by volunteer local non-profit organizations given the opportunity to fund raise. 

When my son played Pop-Warner we had the opportunity do so and it was hectic as hell but most knew the deal and understood that we weren't professionals only looking to provide an adequate service and raise some funds. 

Rutgers overall does a decent job with football and never ever had a reason to complain about anything there. 

Archived