Green/White Scrimmage Discussion ~~ Sar got banned thread

Patriot Killa

49 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Here's the deal. I saw several reported posts about you when I was at the scrimmage. Got home and had stuff to do and I just got the chance to log back in now. Your post last night was COMPLETE garbage. You have been here for a long time, and mistakes happen. But you have had a lot of "mistakes" over the years. Makes one wonder...

What you posted was completely racist and will not be tolerated here.

You walk around as if you think somehow you are above the rules. You act as if we need you. I will tell you what, I will personally shut this site down before we let what you say you stand for become accepted here.

You have been banned. I left your IP address intact so you can read this. 

YES BRAVO!

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will never be able to judge a team's record based on them practicing against
themselves.  Why?  Because the perfect practice is a "50/50" where the offense
and defense succeed, struggle and hopefully recover throughout 2.5 hours.  Therefore
if you want to emphasize a negative aspect and minimize a positive your view will
be slanted and vice versa

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The real story is the PR campaign the Jets ran during minicamp hyping him up. It was impressive considering he apparently looks terrible.

He looked fine. His game is different than Darnold’s and his priority always seems to be to protect the ball.He was accurate yesterday but football with Bridgewater as QB looks like it’ll be a boring affair.

11 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He looked fine. His game is different than Darnold’s and his priority always seems to be to protect the ball.He was accurate yesterday but football with Bridgewater as QB looks like it’ll be a boring affair.

I'm talking more the overall reports. The reports in minicamp were glowing and Mehta and co were telling us how much the Jets love Bridgewater. The reports since the start of camp seem to make it very clear Teddy is the third best QB in camp and has no real chance to start.

I was at the scrimmage last night and was impressed with Darnold for many reasons.  On his roll outs and his one scramble for a first down he didn't just seem mobile, he seemed fast.  I wasn't expecting that.  On his throws, except for a couple of long side line throw aways he always put the ball in good position, even in tight windows. Several of his incompletions went off receivers hands or fingers.  He seemed very poised.  No jumping around with happy feet.  After watching Petty in pre and regular season, and Hackenburg in the pre season, this was a real breath of fresh air. Obviously he has to do it in a real game, but he seems miles ahead of any young qb we have had here since Pennington.  I was very encouraged.  Bridgewater seemed mediocre, even though his stats were good.  He didn't seem to move the ball very much.  McCown in his limited action still seems like the best QB but hopefully not for long.  BTW Cannon was extremely impressive, and he didn't seem as small as he as been described.  Hopefully he will be our surprise rookie like Kareem Hunt was for KC last year.  Anyway, it was a fun night, a great crowd, and I think things are finally looking up around here.

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

It shouldn't really surprise anyone. That's who he was with Minnesota too.

Yes, but if you go watch his 2016 Preseason before the injury he looked more like a guy who was about to take a step up from Alex Smith game manager type, where that would have gone if the injury never happened no one will ever know.  Think the injury will keep Bridgewater from becoming the same guy he was in 2016 Preseason, but he can definitely be the 2015 version of Bridgewater, and Alex Smith.

20 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I don't think he looked fine. His long passes looked ugly. So does that gigantic knee brace. 

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I just don’t get why we as Americans can’t just look at each other as Americans regardless of race, ethnicity, ect. get away from the Latin American, African American, Italian American, Irish American, Asian American ect. labels, and lets just all be AMERICAN!

Funny, I travel quite a bit and was just telling my wife how strange it is that when I go other places they don't identify Americans by their race. They don't care in the slightest bit, we are all AMERICANS or foreigners. They aren't trying to divide us up into subgroups because its ridiculous, unnecessary and they just don't care. We spend so much time in this country thinking about what makes us different rather than the things we all share. 

Sorry Max, I know, not the right place.I just found it interesting as I was just talking about this the other day.

Back to practice...................soooooooooo .....we suck huh?

12 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

I don't think he looked fine. His long passes looked ugly. So does that gigantic knee brace. 

Maybe it was just expectation. I expected to see a guy that looks like a solid game manager, and I saw that. I don’t think Bridgewater will ever be more than Alex Smith but Alex Smith is a starter. 

1 minute ago, docdhc said:

he didn't seem as small as he as been described

He is almost 5’11” so he won’t look like the small guy, BUT he is only 185 pounds which is about 20 pounds light for a RB to consistently take hits, guys like MJD, Ray Rice who were 5’8” looked small, but they were also 210-225 pounds so they could take those licks for 20+ touches, even guys like Jamaal Charles, Kareem Hunt, Alvin Kamara are 205 pounds.

All that said the reports about Cannon are he has shown to also be able to take a hit, and pick up a blitzer which is difficult for a guy his frame.

I loved his tape, thought it showed how he had dynamic skill set that could be a difference maker if he was capable of taking a little bit of a pounding to handle 10-15 touches a game, hopefully the Jets found their 6th rounder that turns into a star like Antonio Brown!

19 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

He is almost 5’11” so he won’t look like the small guy, BUT he is only 185 pounds which is about 20 pounds light for a RB to consistently take hits, guys like MJD, Ray Rice who were 5’8” looked small, but they were also 210-225 pounds so they could take those licks for 20+ touches, even guys like Jamaal Charles, Kareem Hunt, Alvin Kamara are 205 pounds.

All that said the reports about Cannon are he has shown to also be able to take a hit, and pick up a blitzer which is difficult for a guy his frame.

I loved his tape, thought it showed how he had dynamic skill set that could be a difference maker if he was capable of taking a little bit of a pounding to handle 10-15 touches a game, hopefully the Jets found their 6th rounder that turns into a star like Antonio Brown!

There were two plays where I felt warm inside because of Trenton Cannon. The first was the catch and cut to avoid a defender that I mentioned earlier, the second was a 5 yard gain on a stretch play where Cannon was patient, saw the hole, as he got to the hole a linebacker came from the inside, Cannon cut hard and evaded the linebacker enough to gain yardage. It was a simple play but Cannon showed cool in traffic and maximized the yardage available. 

21 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

One or two great smaller backs in the modern era:-

Warrick Dunn 5"9 187

Tony Dorset 5"11 192

Tiki Barber 5"10 200

I'm not saying he's going to be that good, just smaller backs have had great careers.

39 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I have always had a strong distaste for making sweeping declarations based on ONE physical attribute.

But, you reasoned through it. A poster on another Jets fan website was making these types of declarations to say that Robbie ANderson couldn't play in the league cos he'd get killed, his legs are so skinny, et cet.

Great comp with Antonio Brown.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

You will never be able to judge a team's record based on them practicing against
themselves.  Why?  Because the perfect practice is a "50/50" where the offense
and defense succeed, struggle and hopefully recover throughout 2.5 hours.  Therefore
if you want to emphasize a negative aspect and minimize a positive your view will
be slanted and vice versa

Incredible that you should even need to point this out!

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The real story is the PR campaign the Jets ran during minicamp hyping him up. It was impressive considering he apparently looks terrible.

I don’t get why any Jets fan would have a problem with this, Bridgewater being good, or seen to be good, can only be a win-win for us

4 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

I don’t get why any Jets fan would have a problem with this, Bridgewater being good, or seen to be good, can only be a win-win for us

I totally agree, not at all complaining. More of an amusing observation. It was smart of the team to attempt to pump up his value both for potential trades and to leverage Darnold into camp.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Here's the deal. I saw several reported posts about you when I was at the scrimmage. Got home and had stuff to do and I just got the chance to log back in now. Your post last night was COMPLETE garbage. You have been here for a long time, and mistakes happen. But you have had a lot of "mistakes" over the years. Makes one wonder...

You walk around as if you think somehow you are above the rules. You act as if we need you. I will tell you what, I will personally shut this site down before we let what you say you stand for become accepted here.

giphy (13).gif

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I totally agree, not at all complaining. More of an amusing observation. It was smart of the team to attempt to pump up his value both for potential trades and to leverage Darnold into camp.

Have always thought you were one of the smarter posters here so hearing you agree with me is not a surprise??

10 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

what are the odds on Cannon scoring a TD Friday?

I say very good. 

If Cannon can carry momentum’s into Friday and looks like how he’s looked at practice then he needs to get reps with the first team. His skillset, if it translates is a game-breaker, change the game in an instant, skillset. 

This team is exciting and I don’t mean to feed the SOJF because I believe this could be a very fun season.

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Maybe it was just expectation. I expected to see a guy that looks like a solid game manager, and I saw that. I don’t think Bridgewater will ever be more than Alex Smith but Alex Smith is a starter. 

If Teddy ends up being the long term QB 2 here, that is not a bad deal.

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

At the start of camp I thought this was a 7-9 team, but now it feels like a 4-12 team. The interior OL seems to be a series of turnstiles (which was a problem last year) and the speed at OLB is still non-competitive. The stars of camp have been literally anyone who lines up at DT, Trenton Cannon, and the new TE, which indicates, again, that the middle of the field is open for business for opposing offenses, and any RB who runs a sub 4.7/40 is going to win on the edge. These are bad, bad things and fundamental problems that are impossible to overcome. Add to that the offense has been penalty-prone throughout camp and you have a disaster awaiting. 

So by reading tweets of a handful of practices you've come to these conclusions?  No games, tweets from practices.  

Missed out on more than a few players, like bones, Adams and others who have looked good, but hey, let's knock the team down a few notches.  

3 hours ago, docdhc said:

I was at the scrimmage last night and was impressed with Darnold for many reasons.  On his roll outs and his one scramble for a first down he didn't just seem mobile, he seemed fast.  I wasn't expecting that.  On his throws, except for a couple of long side line throw aways he always put the ball in good position, even in tight windows. Several of his incompletions went off receivers hands or fingers.  He seemed very poised.  No jumping around with happy feet.  After watching Petty in pre and regular season, and Hackenburg in the pre season, this was a real breath of fresh air. Obviously he has to do it in a real game, but he seems miles ahead of any young qb we have had here since Pennington.  I was very encouraged.  Bridgewater seemed mediocre, even though his stats were good.  He didn't seem to move the ball very much.  McCown in his limited action still seems like the best QB but hopefully not for long.  BTW Cannon was extremely impressive, and he didn't seem as small as he as been described.  Hopefully he will be our surprise rookie like Kareem Hunt was for KC last year.  Anyway, it was a fun night, a great crowd, and I think things are finally looking up around here.

Great insight here. I appreciate this.

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

I have always had a strong distaste for making sweeping declarations based on ONE physical attribute.

But, you reasoned through it. A poster on another Jets fan website was making these types of declarations to say that Robbie ANderson couldn't play in the league cos he'd get killed, his legs are so skinny, et cet.

Great comp with Antonio Brown.

Robby has such great ball tracking skills that it doesn’t matter lol. He can go up and grab those 50/50 balls without getting muscled out of the play because he can put his body in the best position to make a play on the ball. Very good and natural adjustments when playing the ball while it’s in the air. I was no professional WR but I can just spot it out in Anderson because it’s one of the things I was good at..I also had/have greats hands too. I was just too short to play the game at the next level.

which leads into my next point..

He may be extra skinny but he’s 6’3 and that’s valuable to pin pointing the high ball. As for taking hits? I don’t think it would hurt any less if he was 10 pounds heavier.??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Did Winters practice last night?  I read some tweet from one of the best writers about how he was in on PAT duty but not 1st team offense, but wasn't clear if I was missing a joke or something.

He did not participate in team drills. Harrison played the role of first team RG.

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

94f.png

Archived