Draft Elimination RND 2: 5) Patriot Killa vs. 12) Jetlife33

Jetsfan80

Who wins this match in a virtual universe where these two teams meet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this match in a virtual universe where these two teams meet?

• # 5-seed Patriot Killa
    • # 12-seed Jetlife33

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/04/2018 at 07:30 PM

RND 2; # 5-seed  @Patriot Killa vs. #12-seed @Jetlife33

JN: vote on who's all time drafted team you feel would win the match up.... you're assuming each player is entering this match up in their prime.

Patriot Killa'

image.png

Team strengths/strategy—

I’m running a “Run N’ Gun’” offense. I have Fran Tarkenton who will set up in the spread formation often with 1 fast, incredibly athletic and skillful option in OBJ on one side, a tall behemoth of a WR in Andre Reed on the other and Wesley Walker the always big play threat in the slot. 

We have a strong/high football IQ O-line to call O-line audibles with the immovable Orlando Pace, the highly intelligent and skillful Nick Mangold, 9x Pro Bowl LG Ruben Brown, the best G in the league today, Zack Martin and a very technically sound Tackle in Bryan Bulaga. They will be able to block for Fran for an extended period of time to get my high velocity weapons open or...Fran can do Fran things and take off for a big gain. We then have Barry Sanders who should do extremely well behind this offensive line(or any offensive line) as he will line up on the right side of Fran and either take a run play to the outside, in the HB cut or run a slick wheel route for a big gain if the opportunity presents itself. Travis Kelce provides the option to stretch the field on seam routes or even crossing patterns when Fran rolls out to either side of the field. 

On Defense we run a 3-4 base with multiple looks to throw at you. Charles Haley and Mark Gastineau provide excellent pass rushing ability along with solid run stopping ability and Damon “Snacks” Harrison will plug the middle at all times. Our ball hawking Free Safety, Brian Dawkins will be lurking around in the backfield at all times and Bob Sanders will bring the thunder on run support, blitzing, ect. We want to switch Dawkins into the SS position to rush the QB or get TFL’s while If [my opponent] decides to use PA more regularly. We feel like McAlister can hold up on his side of the field long enough to create a sack opportunity or forced incompletion. Justin Houston/Bryan Cox will bring the heat on the pass rush as much as I can get them to without passing out. Bobby Wagner will patrol the middle as he is a very solid coverage LB with great tackling skills too. Keith Brooking can be looked at in the same light. Their purpose is to shut down the run if [the runner] gets to the next level on a very solid run stopping D-line while also being able to cover [TE's] over the middle.

Jetlife33

OFFENSE

QB : Peyton Manning

RB : LaDainian Tomlinson

WR : Marvin Harrison

WR : Don Maynard 

WR : Jarvis Landry 

TE : Greg Olson 

LT : Walter Jones

LG : Andrew Norwell 

C : Bulldog Turner 

RG : Brandon Brooks 

RT : Mitchell Schwartz 

DEFENSE

DE : Fred Dean 

DT : Henry Jordan 

DE : Shaun Ellis 

OLB : Clay Matthews 

MLB : Ray Nitschke 

MLB : David Harris 

OLB : Khalil Mack 

CB : Mike Haynes 

CB : Dick LeBeau 

S : Jack Tatum

S : Kam Chancellor 

OFFENSE : ACE Formation offense that Peyton ran all of those years in INDY with a heavy amount of flexing the TE. 

DEFENSE : Heavy 3-4 Zone Blitz defense, with plenty of Cover 2 man against two WR sets. 

Just Incase my roster is a little hard to see on the phone. I know it’s a little rough on my phone without zooming in.

Side note: I’m thinking my DE’s/OLB’s can get to Manning easier considering his mobility. He’s smart as hell but with Dawkins and his old friend Sanders lurking in the secondary, I think we can force some turnovers. I also believe that my offensive line is top notch and can push his DL back and give Barry Sanders the type of holes he needs to rip off big gain after big gain. As soon they become use to the run, I will use bootlegs with Frank and throw bombs to my deep threats, Walker, Andre Reed and OBJ. Travis Kelce will be flexed out and running crossing patterns.

E1FA910E-8A8D-4F39-B103-584A330800B8.jpeg

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

@Patriot Killa I see both Haley and Gastineau as far better threats in a 4-3 format.  In fact, Haley's heydays in Dallas were all 4-3 IIRC.  Gastineau played in both but was at his best in the 4-3, IMO

I know, Jetsfan80 posted that from my last match, I would ideally be switching to a 4-3 in this situation. And putting Bryan Cox back to his most used position at DE and Keith Brooking at OLB while our captain Bobby Wagner patrols the middle.

perfect substitute to run the 4-3. That’s the good thing about my defense, we can throw multiple fronts at you because most of my players played at a high level at different positions. Cox, Mark Gastineau, Brian Dawkins. 

Hell Bobby Wagner runs a 4-3 better anyway. This is definitely the scheme I am going with for the rest of the draft match ups.

Archived