OT: Sunday Night Baseball Crew

Jet9

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Even my buddies who are Yankee fans hate Michael Kay and are jealous of Gary Cohen... And Ron Darling is fantastic.

And Keith is both wacky (I mean that in a good way though) as well as a great baseball analyst.  And having Gary there to keep him focused maximizes his strengths in both areas.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/5/2018 at 8:56 PM, RoadFan said:

Baseball sucks. The End.

Right ... back to your drivel again? 

I think soccer sucks -  but that doesn't matter as it's only an opinion.

How bout you go and start a soccer thread as there doesn't seem to be enough interest to have one in Other Sports and post in it till your fingers fall off and stay out of the baseball thread? I promise I won't come in it to tell you how much I believe soccer sucks and hijack the thread from the vital discussions of .... who knows or cares what's vital to it ......

I wouldn't do that because it wouldn't be the right thing to do, but mostly because I don't have sufficient interest in even acknowledging it's a sport.  

I don’t mind Michael Kay.  I actually like John Sterling.  Suzyn Waldman however oofahh she is brutal.  Wants to be every player’s mother and tell you their boring life stories I’m like STFU I just want to hear the game

On 8/6/2018 at 6:39 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

And Keith is both wacky (I mean that in a good way though) as well as a great baseball analyst.  And having Gary there to keep him focused maximizes his strengths in both areas.

Keith Hernandez is snore inducing

ARod wanted to and got square with Maddon on the Darvish blab which hopefully he would have done without public eye pressure.

2 different club cultures - have to respect where he came from where Steinbrenner got guys outta the way by making them rehab in Florida and made it a goal to get back into the parent clubhouse.

Lucky for Cubs in this instance their current culture is family  - especially when it comes to a mentally soft guy like Darvish. Keeping him in the fold could make all the difference in whether he comes back strong and earns the money he got.

Also and more importantly if the Cubs are going anywhere in the postseason, despite the windfall of obtaining a now solid Hamels, they need pitching desperately.  

Archived