Bruce Arians

RESNewYork

Is Arians visiting the Jets during training camp. Watched his football life during breakfast and thought his relationship with Bowles is very interesting. 

Starting at the 36 minute mark, Arians finally became a hot head coaching candidate. Interviewed first with the Chicago Bears and Arians thought he had the job. Didn't get it because Arians was only going to take a HC job is Bowles was part of his staff. I know Bowles is mostly hated on this board but still thought it was interesting. 

I know Arians is retired because of health reasons but if Bowles survives this season (I hope he does) is there a possibility Arians comes in as a QB coach? I would assume it's a lot less stressful job than OC or HC. Watching the whole show, I was reminded that Arians worked with Peyton Manning, Roethlisberger, Luck, and Palmer.  I know far-fetched but just throwing it out there because of the strong relationship.

Also that 2014 season, that Cardinal team had a ton of injuries. That was the season Bowles won coordinator of the year

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he plans on helping out this season in a consultative way, for the lack of a better term.  He planned on spending some time with Todd at the Jets facilities.

Freaking great dude.  His attitude toward racism and turning down certain jobs because of it?  Class act. 

I think he's a bit overrated as a HC but I'd love to have him around to help the offense. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he plans on helping out this season in a consultative way, for the lack of a better term.  He planned on spending some time with Todd at the Jets facilities.

Freaking great dude.  His attitude toward racism and turning down certain jobs because of it?  Class act. 

I think he's a bit overrated as a HC but I'd love to have him around to help the offense. 

agreed !.. 

?

48 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Is Arians visiting the Jets during training camp. Watched his football life during breakfast and thought his relationship with Bowles is very interesting. 

Starting at the 36 minute mark, Arians finally became a hot head coaching candidate. Interviewed first with the Chicago Bears and Arians thought he had the job. Didn't get it because Arians was only going to take a HC job is Bowles was part of his staff. I know Bowles is mostly hated on this board but still thought it was interesting. 

I know Arians is retired because of health reasons but if Bowles survives this season (I hope he does) is there a possibility Arians comes in as a QB coach? I would assume it's a lot less stressful job than OC or HC. Watching the whole show, I was reminded that Arians worked with Peyton Manning, Roethlisberger, Luck, and Palmer.  I know far-fetched but just throwing it out there because of the strong relationship.

Also that 2014 season, that Cardinal team had a ton of injuries. That was the season Bowles won coordinator of the year

QB coach for the Jets is historically one of the worst jobs in the NFL. 

I think with all the inexperience on the offensive side of the ball from the QB to even the OC it will be good to have Arians around.  I agree that he may be a little overrated as an HC but the guy knows offense, something much needed within the Jets coaching staff

1 hour ago, RESNewYork said:

If he has any aspirations of coming back into NFL coaching he's ruining his career taking a demotion to QB coach. He would likely be viewed as needing to work his way back up as a coordinator first. He would be much better off working as a consultant to a head coach or front office where he continues to be viewed as a high level coach. Also, I don't think he wants to be involved in daily coaching anymore. 

7 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Also, I don't think he wants to be involved in daily coaching anymore. 

Question is whether Arians wants to no longer be involved in daily coaching or not be involved in daily head coaching.  Specialty coach is a step down from coordinator which is a step down from head coach, so much less stress.  At his age with his health issues, head coaching is no longer even on Arians' wish list.

He need not be labelled QB coach either.  QB is a position which requires both physical and mental coaching, Arians could just be a team official in another capacity who gives some advice here and there while someone else runs the day to day drills with the QBs.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

His attitude towards concussions is ignorant, and dangerous.

If I am Chris Johnson, Bowles loses his job because:

• He and his buddy Kacy can't get the defense to play right.  Bowles needs to find someone who can administer the defense while he tries to HC.  I presume Kacy is the best he can do.  
  • The offense does not work and Darnold is not developed correctly.  Although one can blame that on Bates, Bowles is the Captain of the Ship, and Bates was the best OC he could hire.  Oftentimes good OCs are hired as HCs because that is the only way to get the HC on staff.  

This team could flop because of the OL.  That would be mostly Maccagnan's fault, but in that case they both should go. 

Arians could be used as a QBC, clearly.  Particularly since Bates is otherwise doing it.  Could be a good way for Arians to stay in the game without completely killing himself like an HC or Coordinator would.  

Arians was one of Bear Bryant's favorite assistants toward the end of his career.  Arians later went on to have the unfortunate role as offensive coordinator to one of the worst head coaches and biggest dumbasses in human history- Mike Dubose 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Id love to see a real seasoned offensive mind come in and help Darnold.  I was thinking how kool it would be if Peyton came in but Arians fits the bill.

Archived