End of preseason trades!

Smo0v3mik3

In all seriousness ESPN mentioned that Oakland would have to listen if a team presented a first round pick for him, given that the team would also have to meet his contract demands, which are supposedly to be the highest paid defensive player in the league.

You never want to go into a deep draft (2019 is considered much better then 2018, esp as far as OTs and pass rushers) without a first or second round pick, but Mack would be an incredible fit on this team and we have the money to easily pay him and Leo.

NFL's top preseason trade candidates: Who's on the block

DE Shaq Lawson. Bills coach Sean McDermott said at the start of training camp that it was time for Lawson to "step up" after the 2016 first-round pick was ineffective at outside linebacker as a rookie for Rex Ryan and posted only four sacks as the Bills' full-time starter last season at defensive end. Defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier said early in camp that Lawson was improving -- and he has been more effective as a pass-rusher in practice -- but acknowledged that Trent Murphy remains the team's top option at defensive end. Spending most of training camp on the second-team defense, Lawson could provide value to the Bills as a situational pass-rusher, but it seems more than reasonable for the team to listen to offers for him. -- Mike Rodak

OT Chaz Green. The Cowboys signed Cameron Fleming in free agency to be their swing tackle this year after Green struggled as Tyron Smith's replacement in 2017. Green opened last year as the starter at left guard, but he lost the job to Jonathan Cooper, and the Cowboys drafted Connor Williams to handle the spot in 2018. Green was a third-round pick in 2015, so teams could look at his potential more than what he has done in his first three seasons as a reason to give up something. The return would not be anything major -- perhaps a conditional pick -- but teams can be desperate for offensive line help. -- Todd Archer

DE Dante Fowler Jr. It's a bit of a stretch, but Fowler is probably the only player who fits here. He is suspended for the first game and is currently on the PUP list with a shoulder injury, so it would be hard for the Jaguars to unload him. They do like him as a player, but they also like the players they have behind him (DE Dawuane Smoot and rookie DE/DT Taven Bryan), and they're unlikely to re-sign Fowler in the offseason, so they might listen if a team that needs a pass-rusher were to call. Fowler has 12.0 sacks the past two seasons (8.0 in 2017), and he had a pair of sacks against New England in the AFC Championship Game. The Jaguars are going to give DE Yannick Ngakoue a big deal soon, and they can't keep both, so why not see if they can get something for Fowler? -- Mike DiRocco

DE Khalil Mack. Wait, what? Sure, the 2016 NFL defensive player of the year who made NFL history a year earlier by being named first-team All-Pro at both defensive end and outside linebacker is a foundation piece for the Raiders. But his holdout, which reached 10 days on Monday, is mystifying to many in the organization. Now, would it be smart for Oakland to trade the face of its defense as it begins a rebuild under Jon Gruden? Probably not, but as Gruden himself recently told NFL Network, the Raiders' defense was not that good in 2017 with Mack. Ouch. GM Reggie McKenzie (jokingly?) asked me at the NFL owners meetings in March if I had an extra $100 million to help him pay Mack. And if a team flashed a first-round pick at Oakland for the services of Mack, who wants an extension beyond the almost $13.5 million he is scheduled to make this season under the fifth-year option of his rookie contract and the two franchise tags that could await him in 2019 and 2020, the Raiders would be silly to not at least listen. -- Paul Gutierrez

I just posted this in another thread - John Simon OLB Colts.  They moved to a 3-4, and he does not seem to be a very good fit on DE.  He is probably somewhere between starter and rotational level.  He won't solve our pass rush needs, but seems a better option than Bass. 

10 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Yeah, we should just trade for Khalil Mack, Dallas' LT Tyron Smith, and Antonio Brown.  I mean....we got the money, right???

Geez, this GM sh!t is easy peezy!

No Le'veon Bell?  You think too small. 

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

DE Shaq Lawson. Bills coach Sean McDermott said at the start of training camp that it was time for Lawson to "step up" after the 2016 first-round pick was ineffective at outside linebacker as a rookie for Rex Ryan and posted only four sacks as the Bills' full-time starter last season at defensive end.

Shaq Lawson is the most Rex Ryan pick that was ever Rex Ryan'd. 

On 8/7/2018 at 11:34 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Shaq Lawson is the most Rex Ryan pick that was ever Rex Ryan'd. 

That would have to go to Calvin Pryor IMO. 

Also the big rumor was Lawson is the prospect we really wanted, if he fell one more slot, and looked into trading up to #18 to snag him. 

Also I see the "he was still only 23 last year" excuses are a one-way street only for the Jets' failed prospects lol.

Also eff Ryan, Lawson, the Bills, their fans, and their whole stupid snow-covered city.

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

But seriously....wtf is Gruden doing over there?

Hope Mac and Heimerdinger are making their calls to the Raiders to see what they need to do to make Mack a Jet. We got picks, got money, get it done.

Go Git 'em Tanny!

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

In all seriousness ESPN mentioned that Oakland would have to listen if a team presented a first round pick for him, given that the team would also have to meet his contract demands, which are supposedly to be the highest paid defensive player in the league.

You never want to go into a deep draft (2019 is considered much better then 2018, esp as far as OTs and pass rushers) without a first or second round pick, but Mack would be an incredible fit on this team and we have the money to easily pay him and Leo.

I might trade Leo for him straight up. So far he has been pretty low impact and we could afford Mack. No first round picks, we need protection and weapons for Darnold.

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

He's arguably the best pass rusher in the league and he's 27... I can't imagine they'd move him for less than multiple first rounders but if we could somehow get him he'd basically be the missing link for this defense. Certainly worth reaching out and seeing what the price is.

They would also have to give him a contract higher than any defensive player.  Don't you think that makes him worth a bit less?  Lowers his price and make him a little more likely to be worth moving?  They are pretty close to the cap.  The Redskins could not move Cousins.  It isn't because teams didn't want him.

The Jets, with the most cap space in the league, and a FQB on a rookie contract, is the best team to take Khalil Mack.

If you gave the Raiders Leo and our 2019 first round pick, and then signed Mack to a giant contract, I think the Jets are a better team and sniff the playoffs.  Management jobs are saved.

Anderson, Shepherd, McClendon, FF, Pennel and Simon can play DL for this team.  I would rather pay Mack than try and draft an equivalent or pay Leo.  

17 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

They would also have to give him a contract higher than any defensive player.  Don't you think that makes him worth a bit less?  Lowers his price and make him a little more likely to be worth moving?  They are pretty close to the cap.  The Redskins could not move Cousins.  It isn't because teams didn't want him.

We have tons of cap room. I'd pay him, personally. There are a lot of positions arguably not worth paying but I don't think "best pass rusher in the league" is one of them.

If your point was purely about compensation.... I dunno. I can't imagine there are many teams with cap space who would jump at the chance to give up a first for a player like Mack.

13 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

We have tons of cap room. I'd pay him, personally. There are a lot of positions arguably not worth paying but I don't think "best pass rusher in the league" is one of them.

If your point was purely about compensation.... I dunno. I can't imagine there are many teams with cap space who would jump at the chance to give up a first for a player like Mack.

That is my point.  That is why "multiple firsts" is not really a thing IMO.  I also do not concede that he is the "best pass rusher in the league."  He has had 4 seasons in the NFL, he was 2nd and 8th.   Last year he played 16 and was not top 10.  Ryan Kerrigan, and Chandler Jones have been better.  Awesome player that I would love to have at a position of need, but he is in his option year and the Raiders risk getting one year and then nothing but  a comp pick - I imagine that is what they will get, or they would have moved him during the draft.  

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That is my point.  That is why "multiple firsts" is not really a thing IMO.  I also do not concede that he is the "best pass rusher in the league."  He has had 4 seasons in the NFL, he was 2nd and 8th.   Last year he played 16 and was not top 10.  Ryan Kerrigan, and Chandler Jones have been better.  Awesome player that I would love to have at a position of need, but he is in his option year and the Raiders risk getting one year and then nothing but  a comp pick - I imagine that is what they will get, or they would have moved him during the draft.  

I mean, you're crazy if you think Ryan Kerrigan is in the same league as Khalil Mack. If the cost is a 1st round pick we should jump all over it.

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, you're crazy if you think Ryan Kerrigan is in the same league as Khalil Mack. If the cost is a 1st round pick we should jump all over it.

Yet Kerrigan has more sacks over the past 2 seasons and he is always dinged. Kind of my point.  Nobody is saying that Kerrigan is the "best pass rusher in the league" but he has been better.  Right now, I guess Jones holds that title and his 5/$82.5M is probably the starting point for Mack negotiations.  Kerrigan signed his 6/$64M in 2015 so it has been overrun by time.  

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yet Kerrigan has more sacks over the past 2 seasons and he is always dinged. Kind of my point.  Nobody is saying that Kerrigan is the "best pass rusher in the league" but he has been better.  Right now, I guess Jones holds that title and his 5/$82.5M is probably the starting point for Mack negotiations.  Kerrigan signed his 6/$64M in 2015 so it has been overrun by time.  

I mean, in no universe as he been better. Khalil Mack is a two time first team All Pro and Defensive Player of the Year. Right now it's probably a two man conversation with him and Von Miller. Kerrigan is a very good player but he's never even been an All Pro. Mack might be the best defensive player in the league.

16 minutes ago, kelly said:

imho,.. if we trade for anyone.. i think it'll be for OT Chaz Green / Cowboys  ?

>   NFL's top preseason trade candidates: Who's on the block http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24303256 

Another link?  Gas2No posted the entire article above.  That guy bombed at T, was moved to G and got benched for historic bust Cooper.  Sounds perfect!  

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, in no universe as he been better. Khalil Mack is a two time first team All Pro and Defensive Player of the Year. Right now it's probably a two man conversation with him and Von Miller. Kerrigan is a very good player but he's never even been an All Pro. Mack might be the best defensive player in the league.

What does that have to do with who is a better pass rusher?  

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Another link?  Gas2No posted the entire article above.  That guy bombed at T, was moved to G and got benched for historic bust Cooper.  Sounds perfect!  

agreed !.. if we can get him for a 7th... cool ! !

?

Archived