End of preseason trades!

Smo0v3mik3

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He's arguably the best pass rusher in the league and he's 27... I can't imagine they'd move him for less than multiple first rounders but if we could somehow get him he'd basically be the missing link for this defense. Certainly worth reaching out and seeing what the price is.

Hell no, fug Gruden....I would never call his ass after the way he fugged us on the Hack deal......We are still waiting on that bag of marbles.

41 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, in no universe as he been better. Khalil Mack is a two time first team All Pro and Defensive Player of the Year. Right now it's probably a two man conversation with him and Von Miller. Kerrigan is a very good player but he's never even been an All Pro. Mack might be the best defensive player in the league.

What are you talking about?  

You said he was arguably the best pass rusher in the league and that you were fine with paying the best pass rusher in the league.  I said he wasn't.  I didn't say he was a worse player than Ryan Kerrigan, I just pointed out Kerrigan has been a more effective pass rusher. 

When it comes time to pay Mack, you can bet that will be pointed out, as well as that his sacks have gone down the past 2 seasons.  Fair or not.

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

That is my point.  That is why "multiple firsts" is not really a thing IMO.  I also do not concede that he is the "best pass rusher in the league."  He has had 4 seasons in the NFL, he was 2nd and 8th.   Last year he played 16 and was not top 10.  Ryan Kerrigan, and Chandler Jones have been better.  Awesome player that I would love to have at a position of need, but he is in his option year and the Raiders risk getting one year and then nothing but  a comp pick - I imagine that is what they will get, or they would have moved him during the draft.  

Raiders can franchise him for two years after this year.( way cheaper than to sign him- would be 29 / 30 hitting Fa ).   K Mack is going no where( in his prime)  , as he will sign when the Raiders get the Tv money from the NFL.      He has a chance to get 20 plus sacks this year.     Simple Raiders have a Dc that's going to free him up .( will see single blocks all year- same defense as the Vikings) 

Also they have Alot of pass rushers they added this off season A Key( could be D RY) who gives them three pass rushing De's ( Mack, Irvin, and Key). Not to mention added M Hurst , and Pj Hall to give them pass rushers from the interior.   Teams don't want to get in third and longs with this Raider defense.

Btw Raiders have 45 million next year in cap space that will easily be 80- 90 million . Players like D Penn, B Irvin, Seth Roberts, Lee Smith , and T Whitehead(just these  34 million savings)

30 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What are you talking about?  

You said he was arguably the best pass rusher in the league and that you were fine with paying the best pass rusher in the league.  I said he wasn't.  I didn't say he was a worse player than Ryan Kerrigan, I just pointed out Kerrigan has been a more effective pass rusher. 

When it comes time to pay Mack, you can bet that will be pointed out, as well as that his sacks have gone down the past 2 seasons.  Fair or not.

Mack is one of the best pass rushers in the game.  ( every offensive coordinator games plan for him).  Outside of Bruce Irvin he really didn't have that much help.   Also no matter . Who the pass rusher is  he still needs his secondary to Hold up in coverage.( needs a little time to get there- outside of Conley who was injured all year the CB position has totally been rebuilt.    Not to mention K Mack play like 95% of the snaps last year.     WIth A Key he will be a lot fresher.    He won the defensive player of the year in 2016. 

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I assume you are being sarcastic, but IMO Mauldin is on the bubble. 

Maybe?  Let see who Joe Thomas thinks is the best.  http://profootballspot.com/watch-joe-thomas-singles-out-mack-as-best-current-nfl-pass-rusher-he-faced-hes-got-it-all/

What does he know anyway .    Only player to be named all pro at two positions in the same year.  Why Jmo. he deserves 20-21 million per year.  ( not 25 million per -both A Donald and him supposedly looking for- no defense player worth Qb money.

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

That would have to go to Calvin Pryor IMO. 

Also the big rumor was Lawson is the prospect we really wanted, if he fell one more slot, and looked into trading up to #18 to snag him. 

Also I see the "he was still only 23 last year" excuses are a one-way street for the Jets' failed prospects lol.

Also eff Ryan, Lawson, the Bills, their fans, and their whole stupid snow-covered city.

Obviously you've never been here. Snow was gone the 3rd week of June.

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I just posted this in another thread - John Simon OLB Colts.  They moved to a 3-4, and he does not seem to be a very good fit on DE.  He is probably somewhere between starter and rotational level.  He won't solve our pass rush needs, but seems a better option than Bass. 

No Le'veon Bell?  You think too small. 

Didn't the Colts turn to a 4-3 ? That's why I think we picked up Henry Anderson

Archived