Jets Training Camp - 8/7

Patriot Killa

Woah buddy... Sam LIT-IT-UP yesterday. He only had one drive riddled with incompletions so idk what those “up and down” reports are sprouting from. He had an excellent day aside from one drive and he definitely looked better than the other two QB’s...although McCown really didn’t get many reps. Sam and Teddy OTOH got a ton of reps and are preparing to play Atlanta for the majority of the game. 

Chris Herndon, Nathan Shepard and Frank Luvu, all stacked another good practice. Waiting on 1:50 and we’ll be ready to go again.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Woah buddy... Sam LIT-IT-UP yesterday. He only had one drive riddled with incompletions so idk what those “up and down” reports are sprouting from. He had an excellent day aside from one drive and he definitely looked better than the other two QB’s...although McCown really didn’t get many reps. Sam and Teddy OTOH got a ton of reps and are preparing to play Atlanta for the majority of the game. 

Chris Herndon, Nathan Shepard and Frank Luvu, all stacked another good practice. Waiting on 1:50 and we’ll be ready to go again.

Herndon is exciting, hope he continues to shine in the preseason games.

Cautiously optimistic on this rookie class.  I've just been burnt so many times getting my hopes up.  But if Darnold is the QB answer AND we get any 3 of the other guys to be significant contributors (Shepherd, Herndon, Cannon all looking good so far) then this has the potential to be a B+ or better class!  I can't even allow myself to think that Macc may have found a starting DE, starting TE, contributing RB/KR....AND a franchise QB all in the same draft.

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Cautiously optimistic on this rookie class.  I've just been burnt so many times getting my hopes up.  But if Darnold is the QB answer AND we get any 3 of the other guys to be significant contributors (Shepherd, Herndon, Cannon all looking good so far) then this has the potential to be a B+ or better class!  I can't even allow myself to think that Macc may have found a starting DE, starting TE, contributing RB/KR....AND a franchise QB all in the same draft.

If Darnold is a legit franchise QB, then that alone makes this an A+ draft.

Any contributions from the other guys is just sugar on top.

SNY reports Josh McCown has been "the best quarterback" in Jets camp and "shows no signs of losing the grip on his job."

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Monday that Sam Darnold "has a very fair shot" at Week 1 duties, but if he's going to dislodge McCown, it will probably have to be in the preseason. Regardless of who is under center for Week 1, both players should make starts in 2018. McCown does not stay healthy for 16 games, and top-three quarterbacks rarely ride the pine for 16 games.

Source: SNY
Aug 7 - 1:53 PM

5 minutes ago, jbt said:

SNY reports Josh McCown has been "the best quarterback" in Jets camp and "shows no signs of losing the grip on his job."

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Monday that Sam Darnold "has a very fair shot" at Week 1 duties, but if he's going to dislodge McCown, it will probably have to be in the preseason. Regardless of who is under center for Week 1, both players should make starts in 2018. McCown does not stay healthy for 16 games, and top-three quarterbacks rarely ride the pine for 16 games.

Source: SNY
Aug 7 - 1:53 PM

Well, you would hope the guy that put nearly 3,000 yards with an 18/9 TD/Int ratio would be ahead of a kid who has practices like 5 times. These news stories are useless. Darnold  is rightfully behind Mccown at this point. The question is where will he be in 4 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Are our TE's that good, or are LB's just that bad?

The conundrum of team practices.

I think our TEs are as good, if not better, than ASJ. Which answers one of the big questions I had about this team heading into camp. Whether any of these guys can emerge as a dynamic TE is a different story. 

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think our TEs are as good, if not better, than ASJ. Which answers one of the big questions I had about this team heading into camp. Whether any of these guys can emerge as a dynamic TE is a different story. 

The only guy I expect that could be is Herndon. The rest are just JAGs that are decent at blocking, and good for a few catches if they get open.

Archived