Adams Says Some ’17 Jets “Wanted to do the bare minimum”

JetNation

IMG_5844.jpg

In an interview from earlier this off-season that surfaced recently, Jets second-year safety says that one thing he noticed during his rookie year was that some of his teammates “wanted to do the bare minimum”.  A big statement from a young player, but whose to say he wasn’t right?

When asked if he thought any type of explanation or apology to his teammates might be necessary, Adams said that with the “culture change” he has seen, that the team has moved on and the situation has improved.  Adams would go on to say he does not regret the comments.

The post Adams Says Some ’17 Jets “Wanted to do the bare minimum” appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
w8k3rQM0rq8

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilkerson had more INTs than Jamal Adams. Kony Ealy has more passes defensed than Jamal Adams. Adams gave up, conservatively, 8 TDs via the pass. Good on Jamal that he likes football and the halfwit beat kids have fallen in love with his sh*t-talking and dancing, but my dude needs to be a better player before he points the finger at veterans, or else he’ll get rolled in the locker room. 

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wilkerson had more INTs than Jamal Adams. Kony Ealy has more passes defenses than Jamal Adams. Adams gave up, conservatively, 8 TDs via the pass. Good on Jamal that he likes football and the halfwit beat kids have fallen in love with his sh*t-talking and dancing, but my dude needs to be a better player before he points the finger at veterans, or else he’ll get rolled in the locker room. 

He wants it but it’s just out of reach. My guts huge, I live that shit. 

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wilkerson had more INTs than Jamal Adams. Kony Ealy has more passes defenses than Jamal Adams. Adams gave up, conservatively, 8 TDs via the pass. Good on Jamal that he likes football and the halfwit beat kids have fallen in love with his sh*t-talking and dancing, but my dude needs to be a better player before he points the finger at veterans, or else he’ll get rolled in the locker room. 

I'm an Adams supporter but I actually agree with this. The tone of that interview is definitely that of a pompous kid who has accomplished nothing in the league telling everyone how to be professionals.

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm an Adams supporter but I actually agree with this. The tone of that interview is definitely that of a pompous kid who has accomplished nothing in the league telling everyone how to be professionals.

fake hustle...it's rampant

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

B-but he’s the next Eric Berry!

We have hammered many players for lack of hustle and leadership on this team.  It took a rookie to come in and say it out loud.  For all the talk he does, the one thing he can back up  is that he puts a 100 percent into practice and game time.  

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He said some real sh*t..period. You are just talking to talk right now. No matter the situation at hand or what Adams, himself, has done.

I respect a dude that can come in and call it like he sees it and that’s exactly what he did.

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He said some real sh*t..period. You are just talking to talk right now. No matter the situation at hand or what Adams, himself, has done.

I respect a dude that can come in and call it like he sees it and that’s exactly what he did.

Cool. Cool. Hey, can you point me to any of Jamal Adams’ teammates who are on record as saying they like him or consider him to be a team leader?

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Cool. Cool. Hey, can you point me to any of Jamal Adams’ teammates who are on record as saying they like him or consider him to be a team leader?

How were these vets not inspired by Jamal Adams leadership?

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Has the question or a initive statement leading to a comment like that ever been brought up in the short time that he has been around?

I would go as far as to say look at it with your own two eyes and judge if they feel that way towards him. You know, the same two eyes you rely on as judgement for how terrible he is?

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Lol, when a Jet player or coach makes your sh*t list you really are a relentless mofo

I saw that article 

Adams isn't a guy I would hang out with but I'm glad he's a Jet 

He talks so much I don't think he even knows what he is going to say, he has some Michael Scott in him lol 

As a general rule we should all take his talk for what it is 

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Has the question or a initive statement leading to a comment like that ever been brought up in the short time that he has been around?

I would go as far as to say look at it with your own two eyes and judge if they feel that way towards him. You know, the same two eyes you rely on as judgement for how terrible he is?

This translates to, roughly, “Tom, I googled it and found nothing.”

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Sounds like he's talking about Wilkerson for sure.

B/R: Are you seeing change? Or are there still guys in your locker room doing the bare minimum?

Adams: It's changed now. You can tell it's a different vibe.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This translates to, roughly, “Tom, I googled it and found nothing.”

I don’t believe it does, Tom. I have no desire to google anything regarding Jamal Adams for you. I would find that to be a huge waste of time, as you would just pop a witty yet nearly senseless line about his interception total and then I would feel as though my initial effort in trying to prove you wrong would become a joke....Because you do not care. 

He’s forever cemented in your mind as a terrible player after 1 year, so I see no purpose in doing that.

ps.

What does his teammates liking him have to do with calling out some BS? You are very random fellow, Tom.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don’t believe it does, Tom. I have no desire to google anything regarding Jamal Adams for you. I would find that to be a huge waste of time, as you would just pop a witty yet nearly senseless line about his interception total and then I would feel as though my initial effort in trying to prove you wrong would become a joke....Because you do not care. 

He’s forever cemented in your mind as a terrible player after 1 year, so I see no purpose in doing that.

ps.

What does his teammates liking him have to do with calling out some BS? You are very random fellow, Tom.

Why does it matter that the guy the Jets drafted at sixth overall based almost exclusively on his “leadership” doesn’t seem to have one teammate who considers him to be a leader?

Why does it matter that the guy the Jets drafted at sixth overall based almost exclusively on his “leadership” doesn’t seem to have one teammate who considers him to be a leader?
??? And you know this how ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

1.) He was not only picked 6th due to “leadership” that’s merely a stand out quality and an overused word when mentioning Adams. 

2.) You are trying to create a narrative/angle to argue a nonexistent point from. Just because there is no ridiculously direct question floating around about if his teammates like him, you are trying to cleverly use that as a means to say he isn’t liked thus adding another point onto your list of reasons of why he should have been picked 6th. Look at the film during practices, One Jets Drive interviews, etc and form your own opinion from that because no one from the media has asked any of the other 52 men from last year the oddly descriptive and direct question as

“hey, do you love that Jamal Adams guy or WUT!?”

I don’t get it. Do other fans do this to their players? I have to join a few more boards and see if anyone else is as vindictive as our own.

Archived