Adams Says Some ’17 Jets “Wanted to do the bare minimum”

JetNation

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Philc1 said:

Eric Smith and Jim Leonhrad were good against the run too.  Did we use a top 10 pick to get them?

Neither of these where good vs the run ..  in Eric smith case he really wasn’t good at anything . Leonard never had season a season with 60+ tackles or lead  the all dbs in run stops ..

i remember how many people loved Landry when he was here tho . You know former #6 overall , pro bowl safer . Who did the exact same things Adams does . Hell three rookie season was pretty much identical 

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Eric Smith and Jim Leonhrad were good against the run too.  Did we use a top 10 pick to get them?

Taking a safety in the 1st round is about one of the stupidest things a GM can do. We’ve had the good fortune of getting two consecutive GMs to make this mistake.

None of that has anything to do with hating JA. He didn’t pick himself at #6 overall. You know how I know that? Because if he did choose himself, he would have gone 1st overall and would have introduced himself as President...and that’s one of the things that I love about him.

Just now, Scoop24 said:

Neither of these where good vs the run ..  in Eric smith case he really wasn’t good at anything . Leonard never had season a season with 60+ tackles or lead  the all dbs in run stops ..

i remember how many people loved Landry when he was here tho . You know former #6 overall , pro bowl safer . Who did the exact same things Adams does . Hell three rookie season was pretty much identical 

Laron Landry was here one season and got interceptions I remember he won the dolphins game for us with a pick 6 that season

How many pick 6’s does Jamal Adams have in the nfl?

3 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Taking a safety in the 1st round is about one of the stupidest things a GM can do. We’ve had the good fortune of getting two consecutive GMs to make this mistake.

None of that has anything to do with hating JA. He didn’t pick himself at #6 overall. You know how I know that? Because if he did choose himself, he would have gone 1st overall...and that’s one of the things that I love about him.

You have to be a lock for next Troy Polumalu for me to even consider using a top 32 pick 

Top 6?  This better be the greatest safety ever who can also play WR and RB well

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You have to be a lock for next Troy Polumalu for me to consider using a top 32 pick 

Top 6?  This better be the greatest safety ever who can also play WR and RB well

So blame the GM. Supporting JA and blaming the GM do not need to be mutually exclusive.

Just now, Philc1 said:

Laron Landry was here one season and got interceptions I remember he won the dolphins game for us with a pick 6 that season

How many pick 6’s does Jamal Adams have in the nfl?

That’s cool hopefully Adams doesn’t need 5 season to get a pick 6.. 

Still had identical rookie years tho 

4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Landry was also on steroids when he was here.  Maybe Alex Guerrero can hook Adams up now that Belichick took away his fob card?

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

So blame the GM. Supporting JA and blaming the GM do not need to be mutually exclusive.

The scary thing is Mac is only a year and a half away from giving Adams $100+ million guaranteed 

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The scary thing is Mac is only a year and a half away from giving Adams $100+ million guaranteed 

Mac shouldn’t give any defensive player not named Aaron Donald a $100m contract. 

We have Darnold. Bates will have Darnold play his game. Mac’s job is to make him great by surrounding him with ballers.

50 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

remember how many people loved Landry when he was here tho

The Redskins drafted Landry at six overall. He lasted five seasons in Washington, was considered a huge bust, and lasted three more seasons in the NFL. He racked up six interceptions in his career and one Pro Bowl, earned during a year in which he was comically juiced to the gills. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

That’s wild. Where does he rank in that very important statistic among undersized linebackers...

Ahead of Darron Lee?

56 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Landry was loved because he cost nothing, other than $4M a year. For half the price of Brian Winters he was loved.  If we drafted him 6th overall we'd be having the same conversation.  IIRC Landry ran a 4.35 at the combine.  At least he had the athleticism to got that high.  Adams time was as close to Jordan Jenkins as it was to Landry.

57 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Totally agree.  Maybe you can also explain to them that complaining about his mouth and saying that his leadership traits did not make him worth #6 does not mean I said he sucks and can't get better. 

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Redskins drafted Landry at six overall. He lasted five seasons in Washington, was considered a huge bust, and lasted three more seasons in the NFL. He racked up six interceptions in his career and one Pro Bowl, earned during a year in which he was comically juiced to the gills. 

The next pick in that draft was Adrian Peterson.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Lesson learned?

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Christian McCaffery had 15 more receptions than anyone on the Jets and his 5 TD's would have been good for 2nd most on the team.  Deshaun Watson was on pace for a record breaking rookie campaign like the league has never seen before.  Lattimore won DROY.  Malik Hooker had 3 picks in 7 games. 

But Jamall Adams tackles people well between 0-5 yards from the LOS.

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Christian McCaffery had 15 more receptions than anyone on the Jets and his 5 TD's would have been good for 2nd most on the team.  Deshaun Watson was on pace for a record breaking rookie campaign like the league has never seen before.  Lattimore won DROY.  Malik Hooker had 3 picks in 7 games. 

Well...when you put it like that...?

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

Well...when you put it like that...?

In all honesty, I think Jamal will be just fine.  He will be in the league along time and be perfectly average and that's fine...if he was a 2nd round pick and not the 6th overall, it would be considered a home run pick!

His mouth...well, that's going to get very old if he doesnt start showing up Sunday.

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

In all honesty, I think Jamal will be just fine.  He will be in the league along time and be perfectly average and that's fine...if he was a 2nd round pick and not the 6th overall, it would be considered a home run pick!

His mouth...well, that's going to get very old if he doesnt start showing up Sunday.

And he'll be Geno Smith if he shows up on a Sunday for a MNF/TNF game.

45 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah well they may all walk the walk but none.... NONE..... can talk the talk like Jamal.

12 hours ago, Rexorcism said:

Did Jace Amaro lead the league in anything as well?

“According to Pro Football Focus, Adams’ 28 run tackles for gains of five yards or less led all safeties in the NFL. “

That only proves Lee sucks too.

Ja has a big mouth but i do like the passion. 

In a way he threw bowles under the bus. A quitting team is the coaches fault. 

At least if he gets fired after this season for bad decisions and lack of game planning, this will be a very attractive job for our next coach

On 8/7/2018 at 8:24 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm an Adams supporter but I actually agree with this. The tone of that interview is definitely that of a pompous kid who has accomplished nothing in the league telling everyone how to be professionals.

yep, he needs a few more pelts in his belt before mouthing off so much.  but he's genuine then he could become the jets on field leader they've needed for a long time.

Lets hope Adams improves on what was a promising rookie campaign - but more importantly that he doesn't learn the Kyle Wilson finger wag from old game film. That would lean his "after the football play" actions toward douchebaggery.  

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2018 at 12:27 PM, David Harris said:

Incredible leadership by Adams...not a joke at all.

He's a culture changer.

After watching Hard Knocks it's funny how unprofessional some of these guys are.  Most of us are used to the corporate world, these rich young gifted kids... 

Jamal Adams' leadership alone is worth the #6 overall pick.  And I think the stats will be there too this year.

Genius.

Archived