Adams Says Some ’17 Jets “Wanted to do the bare minimum”

JetNation

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What hurt the show is that Shane didn’t circle back to the hospital and suffocate Rick with a pillow before he could shake off the coma.

LMFAO. My mother walked around for an entire year and when the time for decisions rised, the same words that came out of her mouth every time were... “What would Shane do in a time like this?”

you Shane fans hurt my brain.

Yeah, statistical analytics are trash bro. I especially hate them when they take away my angle to argue from...

Their stats are garbage and its been proven multiple times. There are variables not considered in their analysis. They take into consideration garbage time statistics, for example. Statistics in football have many different things to take into consideration in which PFF doesnt. These people at pff arent actuaries. They are reporters who got denied for Eric Allens job.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Their stats are garbage and its been proven multiple times. There are variables not considered in their analysis. They take into consideration garbage time statistics. Statistics in football have many different things to take into consideration in which PFF doesnt.

I’m not saying that they are 100% correct on every assessment or grade of a player that they make. I understand that variables aren’t accounted for, but they do hold some weight and Adams did lead all safeties in TFL’s last season..as a rookie. 

He’s a strong safety, he did the main part of his job very well..actually he did it the best out of anyone in the league..as a rookie.

He need to get better in coverage and he has the football IQ and work ethic to do so. I’m not telling people it’s wrong to take his weaknesses into account, only that crucifying him after the first 16 games of his career is irrational because his overall season was not bad.

I’m not saying that they are 100% correct on every assessment or grade of a player that they make. I understand that variables aren’t accounted for, but they do hold some weight and Adams did lead all safeties in TFL’s last season..as a rookie. 
He’s a strong safety, he did the main part of his job very well..actually he did it the best out of anyone in the league..as a rookie.
He need to get better in coverage and he has the football IQ and work ethic to do so. I’m not telling people it’s wrong to take his weaknesses into account, only that crucifying him after the first 16 games of his career is irrational because his overall season was not bad.

The thing with statistics is that one wrong variable can cause the entire list to be incredibly inaccurate.

I watched Adams with my own eyes and I saw no impact plays. I saw a lighter version of Leron Landry if I am being honest. I hope he improves this year. I certainly have been wrong about lots and lots of other players. Maybe he was better than I thought. We both hope I am wrong.

20 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Does it bother you that PhilC tries to be you?  That feels like that would be annoying.

o-RESTORATION-570.jpg?4

T0m                                                 Phil                            

What is it with jet fans on here that makes Adams so polarizing? I don't get it. Anything he says is dissected to the bones. Every jet fan I know loves Adams. But then again my jet fan friends are not crotchety old white guys who get their panties in a bunch when they see an uppity black kid open his mouth. At least that's how it comes off to me on here. 

8 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

What is it with jet fans on here that makes Adams so polarizing? I don't get it. Anything he says is dissected to the bones. Every jet fan I know loves Adams. But then again my jet fan friends are not crotchety old white guys who get their panties in a bunch when they see an uppity black kid open his mouth. At least that's how it comes off to me on here. 

Are you insinuating that there is racism on the board? 

SAR is gone for 60 days and nights..relax.

16 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Do you have any idea how many usernames I've gone through hysterically overreacting to racism on this board? Sometimes can't play, don't talk is just that.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Are you insinuating that there is racism on the board? 

SAR is gone for 60 days and nights..relax.

I thought Sar was black?

It seems strange because the whole off season, jet fans basically put baker Mayfield on God's pedestal. But Adams needs to shut up.

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Do you have any idea how many usernames I've gone through hysterically overreacting to racism on this board? Sometimes can't play, don't talk is just that.

He can play. Will be even better year 2. I don't see how anything Adams has said to this point has been a detriment to the team.

As far as a ban I will be ok and understand if it happens. I like checking in to jet nation for jet news. Not to discuss. I post because sometimes the things posted here are crazy nonsense. Like most of this thread 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

PFF says he was above average...I’m just sayin

PFF = pretty fkin' foolish.  For the most part, Adams was nothing special and often missed plays and opportunities.  And he is not a great tackler by any means.  

BUT...  it was his rookie season.  I am curious to see him this year.  Everyone can argue all they want about Adams.  The plain truth is that he runs his mouth, seems to be an attention whore, while failing to meet expectations on the field. The first two things would be irrelevant if Adams can improve on the 3rd.

3 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

He can play. Will be even better year 2. I don't see how anything Adams has said to this point has been a detriment to the team.

As far as a ban I will be ok and understand if it happens. I like checking in to jet nation for jet news. Not to discuss. I post because sometimes the things posted here are crazy nonsense. Like most of this thread 

Most of this thread is crazy nonsense by design courtesy of some of the interwebz' nonpareil masters of same. But Adams is just a guy and whatever racist angle you're playing is imaginary.

6 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Most of this thread is crazy nonsense by design courtesy of some of the interwebz' nonpareil masters of same. But Adams is just a guy and whatever racist angle you're playing is imaginary.

Ok? But presenting a racist angle and then have someone convince said person the racist angle is imaginary also adds to the design of said crazy nonsense thread. 

4 hours ago, prime21 said:

We have hammered many players for lack of hustle and leadership on this team.  It took a rookie to come in and say it out loud.  For all the talk he does, the one thing he can back up  is that he puts a 100 percent into practice and game time.  

But if what we have seen is Jamal's Maximum, then frankly we are screwed.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I mean, you can’t go after vets like that even if you’re a young All-Pro. But to be a half-assed strong safety and try to run that sh*t? 

He is getting ready for his next job on the show "Get Up" hosted by two Jet fans: Mike Greenberg and Jamal Adams next year, maybe.........

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Wilkerson had more INTs than Jamal Adams. Kony Ealy has more passes defensed than Jamal Adams. Adams gave up, conservatively, 8 TDs via the pass. Good on Jamal that he likes football and the halfwit beat kids have fallen in love with his sh*t-talking and dancing, but my dude needs to be a better player before he points the finger at veterans, or else he’ll get rolled in the locker room. 

Adams talks more smack than Frank Lucas in his heyday. 

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What hurt the show is that Shane didn’t circle back to the hospital and suffocate Rick with a pillow before he could shake off the coma.

Reading this thread from the last page backward (expecting Jamal Adams talk!) and then I stumble upon this.   

Jet Nation in mid-season form already!

Archived