Terrele Pryor vs Robbie Anderson: who will have the better season?

BornJetsFan1983

Is either one our number 1 receiver? I personally am hoping that Pryor becomes the number one who continues drives with Robbie keeping defense honest covering him deep. If I can get say 10 TDs each from them, that would be great.

Pipe dream or could it happen? Pryor is coming off a horrible season, and it hard for me to believe that almost jet QB that was throwing the ball was the only problem. He legitimately stunk, plus his so called break out season wasn't even that good. Now Robbie is coming off a stronger towards the end finish, but let's be honest the kid really let us down on more than a few plays last year. 

Don't get me wrong but let's just say I'm glad we have that other guy kearse, not an all star but kid can play. 

I feel like our WR core will play out with all of them playing well, but I see Pryor or Robbie stepping out and taking that 1 spot.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robby is definitely a #1 WR. He has added more routes to his game. He is strong enough to get off the jam — showed it in practice today.

He has elite speed and ball tracking/body positioning skills. Robby is very gifted and he’ll definitely have the better season. 

Robby just has to have better offseasons lol...

Definitely a #1 WR in my book though. He’s an extremely dangerous weapon to have. Teams have to account for him.

Robby is definitely a #1 WR. He has added more routes to his game. He is strong enough to get off the jam — showed it in practice today.
He has elite speed and ball tracking/body positioning skills. Robby is very gifted and he’ll definitely have the better season. 
Robby just has to have better offseasons lol...
Definitely a #1 WR in my book though. He’s an extremely dangerous weapon to have. Teams have to account for him.
Until I see it in a game ... Robbie is not a number one. Not close ... He's a one trick pony .. go route guy. As of now Kearse is our number one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Kearse wont be a #1 ever. And Robby has done more than just go routes, we even had an entire thread analyzing each route he did good on.
he’s clearly not just a go route guy.
Yawn

Kearse wont be a #1 ever. And Robby has done more than just go routes, we even had an entire thread analyzing each route he did good on.
he’s clearly not just a go route guy.
I said Kearse is The Jets no 1 ... I agree by league standards he's more of a number 2 alongside Anderson

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Is either one our number 1 receiver? I personally am hoping that Pryor becomes the number one who continues drives with Robbie keeping defense honest covering him deep. If I can get say 10 TDs each from them, that would be great.

Pipe dream or could it happen? Pryor is coming off a horrible season, and it hard for me to believe that almost jet QB that was throwing the ball was the only problem. He legitimately stunk, plus his so called break out season wasn't even that good. Now Robbie is coming off a stronger towards the end finish, but let's be honest the kid really let us down on more than a few plays last year. 

Don't get me wrong but let's just say I'm glad we have that other guy kearse, not an all star but kid can play. 

I feel like our WR core will play out with all of them playing well, but I see Pryor or Robbie stepping out and taking that 1 spot.

Robbies end of the season was awful once mccown got hurt. I think robbie is more of the #1 and Pryor, if anything more than a journeyman with physical gifts becomes the Redzone target.

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

And btw, he did have a break out season 7 touchdowns is nothing to sneeze at. He was the top deep threat in the league after being an UDFA on nobody’s radar.

I think Robbie will have a better season in yards and catches. Pryor may have more touchdowns.

32 NFL scouts are not stupid.  Robbie was on their radar.   Teams knew he was a mental midget and avoided him.  The Jets, whether through proximity, Temple connections or whatnot, took a chance on him, which for now appears to have been a good move.

The hard part will come when he needs a long-term contract.  I don't know whether it is possible to pay Robbie that type of money and have it end well.  It should be put into a trust for him and give him an allowance. 

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think so but the way you worded it made it seem like Robby was at fault.

no i was saying once mccown got hurt his season sucked.. due to Qb play and what seemed like us giving up. the original post said robbie came of strong towards the finish of season, which is the part i was disagreeing with

8 minutes ago, Stark said:

no i was saying once mccown got hurt his season sucked.. due to Qb play and what seemed like us giving up. the original post said robbie came of strong towards the finish of season, which is the part i was disagreeing with

Ahhh okay. I gotcha’ now. 

Yeah, the end of last year was absolutely pitiful.

Pryor is going to surprise a lot of people on here if he is healthy. The guy played one season at WR and had 77 catches for 1000 yards with Kessler and McCown throwing to him. He was injured last year. 

He is not washed up. At the very least he is a legit Red Zone threat. 

2 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Anderson easily 

Hoping Pryor gets cut

IMHO Robbie IS #1. I don't want to see Pryor cut. If he's healthy, and back to his old form, I think he, Robbie, Kearse and Hansen will make for a strong , dangerous unit.

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Until I see it in a game ... Robbie is not a number one. Not close ... He's a one trick pony .. go route guy. As of now Kearse is our number one.

He played like a number 1 a year ago.  His totals were hurt by Petty playing the final 3.5 games.  Don't know what the criteria is for you but easily a 1000 yard pace, close to 10 TDs says he's a number 1.  The idea that he's a one trick pony is also so wrong

the only reason to cut Pryor is to keep the draft pick Stewart, and he did everyone a favor by getting suspended.

With the combination of the other suspensions and possible injuries, Stewart should be able to be put on the roster and made useful when his suspension is up. 

Anderson will most likely have the better season if he can stay on the field. Pryor has not shown anything due to injury and based on last year I am not expecting much. If he is healthy it may be a different story but until I see otherwise I don't expect much until he proves it on the field. Hopefully Robbie can keep his sh*t together and produce all season long and become that #1 guy so many think he already is. I'm pulling for him so lets hope he can do it.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

If the NFL becomes an "all go route" league?  Then no doubt Robbie is Pro Bowl bound.

You guys seem to either overrate or underrate Robby.  Either I get slammed for saying he’s not a true #1 (he’s not) or we get ridiculous statements that he’s another Clowney 

The guy is a good wr and the best rookie by far Mac brought in during his first 3 years before Sam

They aren't both catching 10 TDs. Half the starting QBs didn't even throw 20 TDs last year and you have to figure Kearse, the TE, backs and back end WRs have to account for some. Only 3 players had 10 or more last year - Hopkins and Davante Adams were the only WRs.  Graham also did it.   If Anderson and Pryor combine for 15 we should be shocked and ecstatic. 

Archived