Greenseed4

Trade for Mack?

6 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Trade Adams and Lee for a carton of eggs 

Fixed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’d love Mack on this team since it fills a glaring need but I’d also like to put the pressure on Bowles and this coaching staff to make the most of things/scheme and save our draft picks/money. Rex never had a pass rusher and we don’t need a “great” defense any ways. All the other pieces are in place so it’s doable. 

We need to SPLURGE on FA O-line and need more value pass rushers if anything. Our cap space will go quick if we target 3 O-line in FA and a value pass rusher (Barr,Fowler,Ray). This allows draft flexibility for a true pass rusher or O-line stud.

The one good thing about not having a pass rusher is that we can give tons of different players a shot which expedites finding a diamond in he rough. Some guys just click or get it from playing time and if we can have someone emerge, Jenkins become a more complete OLB, then things will look great for next year. 

If I’m Mac I offer the entire 2019 draft to Oakland for Khalil Mack

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Willing to give up a 1, plus another 1 or 2 later picks.  But not two 1s for a guy that will need to be paid $100MM +.  That said, I can't see the Raiders letting him go.  A deal will get done eventually.

There’s no way the raiders let Mack go unless Son of Al goes crazy.  Even ok pass rushers don’t ever hit free agency

That said if we offer the farm for Mack I could see Son of Al possibly taking the bait

• Upvote 3

Just now, freestater said:

I hear ya. The ultimate point of the draft is to end up with a guy like Mack anyways

So far Mac has shown zero point zero ability to asses pass rushers.  Mauldin and Jenkins are exhibits A and B

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I was just giving my opinion but it’s not like it’s a BAD move at all. It’s not realistic and I’m looking at realistic alternatives. If we pull it off, I would still be happy just not getting hopes up and looking at the “cons” of the deal. 

Although....Gruden seems to be on a mission to destroy the Raiders so anything is possible I guess. 

What did Gruden do to mess up the raiders besides give Hackenclown a 10 day contract before cutting him?

4 minutes ago, Jolot said:

I would be against chasing this , IMO any and all draft capitol we have the next 2 years should be invested in surrounding Darnold with as much talent as possible ..starting with O Line . 

Have you seen Mac’s drafts?

On 8/12/2018 at 3:13 PM, Bugg said:

Mack is a win now move. Is this a win now team? Oddly enough, such a trade brings you to wonder how much what the braintrust thinks of Bowles. If this club were to make this trade and find itself in screaming distance of a playoff spot, arguably hard to fire Bowles off that. Would they rather have Darnold take his inevitable lumps now with a 5-7 win team and start fresh next year with a new coach and keep your top pick or grab the brass ring right now, possibly saving a bad coach's job?  

Disagree.  Mack is still relatively young and this is the nfl things change quickly we went from 4-12 in ‘07 to almost Super Bowl in ‘09

8 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

He would not cost 2 1st round picks. Hell, I bet if he’s traded it’s not even for a 1st at all. 

No Mack is getting a first round pick plus more

8 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

DeMarcus Lawrence is playing on the franchise tag this year, and with Dak coming due, I don't see how the Cowboys can afford him. Might be smarter to overpay for Lawrence in FA than overpay for Mack in cash AND multiple draft picks.

Or just get both

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company