Greenseed4

Trade for Mack?

I’d love Mack on this team since it fills a glaring need but I’d also like to put the pressure on Bowles and this coaching staff to make the most of things/scheme and save our draft picks/money. Rex never had a pass rusher and we don’t need a “great” defense any ways. All the other pieces are in place so it’s doable. 

We need to SPLURGE on FA O-line and need more value pass rushers if anything. Our cap space will go quick if we target 3 O-line in FA and a value pass rusher (Barr,Fowler,Ray). This allows draft flexibility for a true pass rusher or O-line stud.

The one good thing about not having a pass rusher is that we can give tons of different players a shot which expedites finding a diamond in he rough. Some guys just click or get it from playing time and if we can have someone emerge, Jenkins become a more complete OLB, then things will look great for next year. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If I’m Mac I offer the entire 2019 draft to Oakland for Khalil Mack

I was just giving my opinion but it’s not like it’s a BAD move at all. It’s not realistic and I’m looking at realistic alternatives. If we pull it off, I would still be happy just not getting hopes up and looking at the “cons” of the deal. 

Although....Gruden seems to be on a mission to destroy the Raiders so anything is possible I guess. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

What did Gruden do to mess up the raiders besides give Hackenclown a 10 day contract before cutting him?

I guess not much yet but I have this weird vibe that he is already meddling with GM issues, the Mack contract issue is insane considering pass rushers should always be a premium, thought I heard he was shaking up things too much, etc. Plus, I just don’t like the guy and think that he’s overrated and going to show that with this new coaching run and getting “too cute” with things.

I also admit that I don’t know much about that dumpster fire in Oakland because I focus on the one thats right here with our beloved Jets. 

• Upvote 1

This is why all that cap space is crucial. Take lumps up front while we have the luxury and make the next few years manageable so we can keep adding talent until Sam bends us over when his contract is up. Our window is his rookie deal and we are positioned very well capwise to spend smart and surround Darnold with everything possible to be successful.

I posted a while back that out “starters” on the offensive line can pretty much all be cut with no dead money. They should acquire AND replace all the talent possible. Spend and buy a rock solid O-line so we have a balanced offense that can run the ball well which will help Sam tremendously with his play action and rollouts. Hell, resign some of our guys that we cut as depth if they don’t pan out and will play cheap (winters,Carpenter,beachum,long).

I don’t care what happens to them, just build a stud O-line to help our young QB thrive and do it while we can afford it. Make this window count because I want a F*ckin Super Bowl run starting next year!!! Arrghhhh!!!!! 

• Upvote 3

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company