LOST (Merged 13X)

The Gun Of Bavaria

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where and when was the last scene taking place, with Ben and Locke?

That is the Guam flight's wreckage I believe.

Did anyone else catch the comment made to Richard when he took ben

"What are Charles and Ellie going to think?"

"I don't answer to them."

Perhaps this is why Ben is wanted DEAD by Widmore. Something is leading to Widmore being kicked off.

I heard the Charles comment. Who is Ellie?

Eloise Hawking. Farrady's mother.

Ellie was the young blonde we encountered earlier in the season. English accent and all

pretty obvious that Widmore nailed Ellie and Faraday is thier love child and Widmore finanacing Faraday and his genius mind to help erase past occurences

pretty obvious that Widmore nailed Ellie and Faraday is thier love child and Widmore finanacing Faraday and his genius mind to help erase past occurences

Or get him back to the goddamn island. Farady was working for him and HE'S the one that found it. Ellie can clearly do it as well. Perhaps Ellie and Widmore have a falling out OVER Ben... she did help Ben get back.

Or get him back to the goddamn island. Farady was working for him and HE'S the one that found it. Ellie can clearly do it as well. Perhaps Ellie and Widmore have a falling out OVER Ben... she did help Ben get back.

could be..but i think widmore is faradays dad,,but ben being his dad would be wild

could be..but i think widmore is faradays dad,,but ben being his dad would be wild

Oh no no, I didn't mean that. I meant that yes, Widmore is daddy. But mom and dad had a huge falling out, caused by Ben. Ben becomes a "chosen" one in a way and I think that's what we're watching... just like John is.

Interesting how the smoke monster will "judge" them. A while back I made a post drawing parallels from Egyptian mythology. I equated the smoke monster to shapeless executioner of the egyptian gods- Ammit.

Eloise Hawking. Farrady's mother.

Ellie was the young blonde we encountered earlier in the season. English accent and all

Ellie.jpg

316-mrshawking.jpg

Awesome catch. I missed that.

Ah, is Ben just waking up from Sun's rifle butt (much more dangerous than a cat butt)to the dome?

Could be, but it might be tied into him being shot.

INteresting.

It's pretty funny that Jack thought he was doing the right thing by not acting and letting Ben die. Turns out that if had saved him, Ben would likely not have become "Ben".

I had that same thought but I think Ben was going to be Ben either way. If anyone sealed his fate it was Kate, Sawyer, and Juliet. Ben was dying to be one of the others so he eventually would have ran off with him. This might have just sped up the process.

It's pretty funny that Jack thought he was doing the right thing by not acting and letting Ben die. Turns out that if had saved him, Ben would likely not have become "Ben".

I had that same thought but I think Ben was going to be Ben either way. If anyone sealed his fate it was Kate, Sawyer, and Juliet. Ben was dying to be one of the others so he eventually would have ran off with him. This might have just sped up the process.

Good observations by both of you. On the same token, they also wanted you to think that regardless of what they did, they couldn't change what had already happened.

The argument between Hurley and that other guy was key, and while not exactly an answer to anything, their topic of discussion was a carrot for us.

Good observations by both of you. On the same token, they also wanted you to think that regardless of what they did, they couldn't change what had already happened.

The argument between Hurley and that other guy was key, and while not exactly an answer to anything, their topic of discussion was a carrot for us.

Don't you mean a doughnut? ;)

I wonder what insight into the island we will get from Ben's judgment?

It seems the Others were trying to build a society on the island when Dharma came along. Was the inability to conceive a punishment for them executing the Dharma initiative?

Ben has been punished at least twice. First, he had a tumor on an island that cures people of disease and paralysis. He was then essentially kicked off the island when he was made to turn the wheel for his actions.

Don't you mean a doughnut? ;)

I wonder what insight into the island we will get from Ben's judgment?

It seems the Others were trying to build a society on the island when Dharma came along. Was the inability to conceive a punishment for them executing the Dharma initiative?

Ben has been punished at least twice. First, he had a tumor on an island that cures people of disease and paralysis. He was then essentially kicked off the island when he was made to turn the wheel for his actions.

A little while back I made a big post paralleling the Island and the Egyptian underworld.

Long story short, you're judged on the island, the island determines if you're "worth it" you then have to pass the Trials like you do in the House of Osiris to reach the land of the "immortals". Like those who cannot die. Like Richard, the others, etc. Notice how John has taken every challenge the island has thrown his way. No matter what, he's put his faith into the island and passed these tests, even the ultimate sacrifice. I think he is now one of the islands "immortals"

A little while back I made a big post paralleling the Island and the Egyptian underworld.

Long story short, you're judged on the island, the island determines if you're "worth it" you then have to pass the Trials like you do in the House of Osiris to reach the land of the "immortals". Like those who cannot die. Like Richard, the others, etc. Notice how John has taken every challenge the island has thrown his way. No matter what, he's put his faith into the island and passed these tests, even the ultimate sacrifice. I think he is now one of the islands "immortals"

Yeah....about that theory......;)

It makes sense and is plausible within the storyline.

Did it have the possibility of mortals reaching the "island"?

Yeah....about that theory......;)

It makes sense and is plausible within the storyline.

Did it have the possibility of mortals reaching the "island"?

I'm not saying this is the result here. It's called "influences" and "parallels"

As it's been answered mortals could reach the underworld but my point is the other people on the island are those who have passed into the judgment of the afterlife. There are those who pass and those who don't and those who pass the initial judgment must pass additional tests.

I'm not saying this is the result here. It's called "influences" and "parallels"

As it's been answered mortals could reach the underworld but my point is the other people on the island are those who have passed into the judgment of the afterlife. There are those who pass and those who don't and those who pass the initial judgment must pass additional tests.

I am just saying it makes sense.

One of the original 'speculated' premises of the show was that the Survivors were actually stuck in a self purgatory due to things that may/may not have happened in their respective lives. The island, not so much a test, but a process like the movie "Ghost" were self realization helps you move on from your personal issue.

I am just saying it makes sense.

One of the original 'speculated' premises of the show was that the Survivors were actually stuck in a self purgatory due to things that may/may not have happened in their respective lives. The island, not so much a test, but a process like the movie "Ghost" were self realization helps you move on from your personal issue.

I could see that being applicable as well. Not many of the people on the island were considered "good people" in the real world. It seems John was one of the few who didn't do something pretty bad.

Jack = Alcoholic

Kate = Murderer

Sawyer = Murderer

Sayid = Torturer

Hurley... he was "good" I guess

Charlie = Drug addict

Sun = Cheater

Jin = Murderer

I mean the list goes on John on the other hand was more like Hurley... seems like there lives were more tragic then them doing something really really bad.

I could see that being applicable as well. Not many of the people on the island were considered "good people" in the real world. It seems John was one of the few who didn't do something pretty bad.

Jack = Alcoholic

Kate = Murderer

Sawyer = Murderer

Sayid = Torturer

Charlie = Drug addict

Sun = Cheater

Jin = Murderer

I mean the list goes on John on the other hand was more like Hurley... seems like there lives were more tragic then them doing something really really bad.

Not tying to be funny, but Hurley could be guilty of three of the seven deadly vices: gluttony, sloth, and--since he cheated to win the lottery--greed.

Maybe this is just a coincidence, but John and Hurley are the only Oceanic survivors who have been able to see the cabin where Jacob lives.

Jack = Alcoholic

Kate = Murderer

Sawyer = Murderer

Sayid = Torturer

Charlie = Drug addict

Sun = Cheater

Jin = Murderer

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jack didn't become an alcoholic until after his trip to the island.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jack didn't become an alcoholic until after his trip to the island.

No. I just saw a Lost rerun on SciFi and he says to Juliette the only thing his Dad him was how to drink.

Yeah big time.

Now we have to figure out how the Egyptian stuff got onto the Island.

And it's safe to say, Widmore was the captain of the Black Rock.

I do not think so.

Widmore first made an appearance as a young soldier. Then he saw Ben the child as a more mature person. Then when as he was being kicked off the island he was significantly older. Even Ben has aged through the years.

By comparison, Richard has never aged. I assume Richard has already passed on?!? I am beginning to think Richard is more the cause of the island's problems then he is trying to solve/guide the Others.

Also......Richard has facilitated change in leadership between Widmore to Ben to Locke, by undermining the current leader. Richard gave Locke the file on Sawyer when Ben laid down the gauntlet for Locke to kill his dad. To me, it looked like when Ben was questioning Widmore last night, Richard was affirming Ben's rise.

I do not think so.

Widmore first made an appearance as a young soldier. Then he saw Ben the child as a more mature person. Then when as he was being kicked off the island he was significantly older. Even Ben has aged through the years.

By comparison, Richard has never aged. I assume Richard has already passed on?!? I am beginning to think Richard is more the cause of the island's problems then he is trying to solve/guide the Others.

Also......Richard has facilitated change in leadership between Widmore to Ben to Locke, by undermining the current leader. Richard gave Locke the file on Sawyer when Ben laid down the gauntlet for Locke to kill his dad. To me, it looked like when Ben was questioning Widmore last night, Richard was affirming Ben's rise.

Widmore and the crew were living and dressed like it was the 1700s. Perhaps I'm confusing his attempt to return to the island via the purchase of the Black Rock ship's log with him being on it. Still, I think the Black Rock and its crew somehow play a part in this storyline.

I dunno, Widmore saw Ben for the first time in what according to the storyline was 1977, but they were living and dressed like it was the 1700s. Also, remember seasons ago, before the timeline as we know it "may have been altered", Ben ran into Richard in the woods after running away, Ben was also dressed in 1700s ship garb.

The never aging Richard, agreed, is the linchpin in this thing. He's obviously part of the machine managing/running this island and as you nailed it, he's the one facilitating the leadership changes.

Gotta wonder just who the **** Jacob , what the "temple" is all about, and how this all ties into the ever evolving Egpytian influence that 89x nailed.....starting with how the hell Egyptian stuff ended up on the island. Please don't tell me that I'm to see a Stargate SG-1 team come through an gateway anytime soon. :lol:

Yeah big time.

Now we have to figure out how the Egyptian stuff got onto the Island.

And it's safe to say, Widmore was the captain of the Black Rock.

Don't think so. They wouldn't have had Widmore progressing in age from the 1950s until the present time. If he was on the Black Rock, I imagine he would be ageless like Richard is.

It's interesting that Ben mentioned that Widmore was being exiled because he was having a "daughter with an outsider". Yet there is no mention of Faraday or of Eloise, which makes me wonder who the mother of Penelope or much less Faraday really is. And whether Faraday really is Widmore's kid.

I do not think so.

I don't think Richard is evil at all. Richard is the acting face of the controlling entity of the island. That doesn't make him a GOOD GUY though. It makes him truly one of the few people that doesn't have a bias. He acts in whatever is the best interest of the island. He doesn't seem to have "human" temptations or flaws.

How awesome was John Locke last night? Terry O'Quinn is doing a phenomenal job of showing the change in John. He's confident, he's certain, he's at peace.

The smoke monster is 100% Amit, the picture we saw even showed Anubis with him. Part of the Egyptian story is passing the tests in the House of Osiris. Anyways... yea how it got there who knows.

Archived