Sign in to follow this  
The Gun Of Bavaria

LOST (Merged 13X)

I quit watching after the 2nd episode this season...and I've lost track of things.

I really don't want to catch up unless they're being true to some plot that has existed from the begninning.

Are they making this up as they go? (like chris carter did when he ruined xfiles) or is the story making sense and not contradicting itself?

Detroit Free Press has an article outlining what's going to happen on the final episode.

MIKE DUFFY: A few good answers

'Lost' fans find out who returns, why the flight crashed and what the betrayal was about in tonight's finale.

May 24, 2006

Email this Print this BY MIKE DUFFY

FREE PRESS TV CRITIC

What's the real deal on the Dharma Initiative, Desmond? Locke (Terry O'Quinn), left, speaks with hatch-runaway Desmond (Henry Ian Cusick), who returns tonight after being missing for some time. (MARIO PEREZ/ABC)

'Lost'

Season Finale

9-11 tonight

WXYZ-TV, Channel 7, ABC

Like a poor Alice marooned on a wacko tropical island, "Lost" is a wonderland that keeps getting more and more curious.

But the producers of television's most bedazzling enigma promise not to play a stupid storytelling trick this time. Last year's eagerly anticipated first season finale left viewers with a mysteriously chintzy cheap thrill: a quick peek down that rabbit hole of a hatch.

Stop miserly revelations now!

And so they're hinting at a more satisfying "Lost" payoff this spring, as the deeply inscrutable odyssey about survivors of a shocking airline crash reaches the trauma-fraught conclusion of another season with a big two-hour finale at 9 tonight on ABC.

But they're not about to reveal all the key secrets of the ****eyed island.

Supernatural baby steps, I guess. Such as:

Little lost child Walt resurfaces, though we won't discover exactly why Mr. Friendly and his infernal compadres in the Others snatched the kid

Locke's stop-the-apocalypse bingo game of pushing the button is put to the cosmic test.

Wigged-out hatchling Desmond returns after being MIA since early in the season, with flashbacks revealing pertinent details. Something about the Dharma Initiative would be nice.

We finally get answers about why Oceanic Flight 815 crashed.

And perhaps, too, some whydunit information about Michael's murderous betrayal of the other castaways.

Not since Fox Mulder inhaled all that conspiracy helium on the fabulously strange early seasons of "The X-Files" has a TV series tickled the paranormal imagination quite like lush, looney "Lost" and its fascinating assemblage of flawed humanity.

But even though happy fan site zealots rapturously theorize about the castaways' plight -- They're in purgatory! It's a humongous hallucination! They're all gerbils on a psych lab experiment wheel! -- the less obsessed among us might actually prefer a little downsizing of the exotic mumbo jumbo.

Otherwise, blissful "Lost" ambiguity could eventually morph into something much less enticing. Like downright boredom

hey boozer, that appears to be fake grass in the backround. any idea how that stuff cleans up off of fake grass?

thanks

I don't know. My neighbor's labrador keeps eating it before it really sets into the grass.

Okay, the finale has been over for two hours and not one response? You guys are weak, I'm going to JI. :Nuts:

Okay, the finale has been over for two hours and not one response? You guys are weak, I'm going to JI. :Nuts:

I just finished watching it...WOWZA!!

Few questions I have...

Are Locke & Echo & Desmond dead?

What was with that statue? ( foot in the sandle,4 toes)

Did you realize Calvin was the US Soldier who interagated Sayid?

What was that green Bird?

What Will happen to Jack,Kate & Sawyer?

Where the **** are Michael & Walt going?

The 2 guys at the end were working for Penny Widmore,Does that mean Her Father put Desmond on that Island on purpose? She obviously knew what to look for to find him. Did she get that info from Daddy?

why would Henry tell Locke that nothing would happen if he didnt press the button if something terrible would happen to them all? He obviously knows Locke listened to him and didn't press it. Why would he want it to happen if it's so bad?

Well done Smizzy!

I couldn't place Kelvin, though I knew I had seen him before - Sayid's interegator!

It was a great ep in truly LOST style, answer a few questions, leave you with 10 more...

I thought for sure the Michaels boat was going to blow up aftet the rat bastard sold the rest out -- But he will return I feel - Sayid will show up and resuce the rest starting next season -- and we no longer have to worry about the stupid button -- Lots of questions to be answered --

Lost and 24 -- the best shows on TV

I thought for sure the Michaels boat was going to blow up aftet the rat bastard sold the rest out -- But he will return I feel - Sayid will show up and resuce the rest starting next season -- and we no longer have to worry about the stupid button -- Lots of questions to be answered --

Lost and 24 -- the best shows on TV

I wouldn't be surprised if he returns and tries to help Jack Sawyer and Kate escape, maybe out of guilt.

All in all, a great show. Now that they showed that Desmond's love interest is still alive, I doubt he died when he pulled the system override switch,

With the magnetic field screwing up the compass on the boat, I have a feeling we'll be seeing Michael again.

Shannon was hot, I'll give you that.

Ana Lucia was JAG, if you ask me. I really hated her character, which might be why I don't find her all that attractive.

Shannon WAS hot. But so is Kate. Anna Lucia was hot but her character was a mean bitch and by the time she got it I would have only hit that with a shovel.

Great finale.

2 things off the top of my head.....

1. Why did they go so far out of their way to capture Walt off the boat only to trade him for Jack,Kate & Sawyer? They could have just taken sawyer when they took Walt. and they shot him if you remember. So why make this trade? I know Michael found their camp and made this deal. The Others must be getting something out of this deal to give back the 1 kid they came and took in the first place. Obviouslt they gave Michael the list of the 4....So why are they now more important than they were before?

2. Why the **** would Henry tell Hurley to walk back to camp to "tell the others never to come here" when he could have got a ride back to camp with Michael & walt? Why make the fat kid walk back and risk injury or capture if his message was important and needed to be delivered?

What do you guys think?

I just finished watching it...WOWZA!!

Few questions I have...

Are Locke & Echo & Desmond dead? I doubt it. They asked Charlie what happened and he said nothing. He couldn't hear the sound cause he ****ed up his hearing and he couldn't see the light cause he was in the hatch.

What was with that statue? ( foot in the sandle,4 toes) No idea, it was pretty weird though.

Did you realize Calvin was the US Soldier who interagated Sayid? Hell yeah, I'd recognize The Kurgan anywhere.

What was that green Bird? Did you hear it say Hurley's name? that was weird too

What Will happen to Jack,Kate & Sawyer? That Alex girl will probably help them escape too like she did Claire.

Where the **** are Michael & Walt going? Maybe the others have some kind of offshore base or something.

The 2 guys at the end were working for Penny Widmore,Does that mean Her Father put Desmond on that Island on purpose? She obviously knew what to look for to find him. Did she get that info from Daddy? I don't think her father put him on the island, i think he found out that he was there and she found out somehow though.

why would Henry tell Locke that nothing would happen if he didnt press the button if something terrible would happen to them all? He obviously knows Locke listened to him and didn't press it. Why would he want it to happen if it's so bad? Well, if he wanted Locke to press it, he would never have told him that he didn't press it when Locke was trapped under the door. He could have not pressed it himself if he didn't want it pressed, but then he would be in the hatch when the **** went down so the smart thing to do would be to get them to not press it. I have no idea why they would want the button not to be pushed though.

2 things off the top of my head.....

1. Why did they go so far out of their way to capture Walt off the boat only to trade him for Jack,Kate & Sawyer? They could have just taken sawyer when they took Walt. and they shot him if you remember. So why make this trade? I know Michael found their camp and made this deal. The Others must be getting something out of this deal to give back the 1 kid they came and took in the first place. Obviouslt they gave Michael the list of the 4....So why are they now more important than they were before? Maybe they got what they wanted from walt with all the tests they made him do. Also, they might not really be giving up Walt. Maybe Henry got trapped on purpose to scout out the group and see who he wanted to take. I have no idea why those 4 were more important than the rest

2. Why the **** would Henry tell Hurley to walk back to camp to "tell the others never to come here" when he could have got a ride back to camp with Michael & walt? Why make the fat kid walk back and risk injury or capture if his message was important and needed to be delivered?

Yeah, not to mention he had a bag on his head on the way there and has no idea how to get back anyway.

INMO,,,

This is a place where wealthy people or governments send people who know too much, but they still need them for some reason,,,

I think they patterend this after the British TV 60s hit 'The Prisoner'

http://community.channel4.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/3870075813/m/8170065393/r/4640039593

One of the things that popped in my head during the show was that they kept making references to Quarantines and getting infected, and maybe the others aer people who used to work for the Dharma Initiative that got infected with god knows what and went crazy. The infection had to have stopped before Desmond arrived with Calvin because he obviously didn't go mad.

hmmmm what happned to my post?

anway i said that the biggest thing to come out of this is the tatue foot with 4 toes. it was attatched to something grand at one time and was made to look ancient.

reminded me of liberty on planet of the apes. almost a rip off.

anyway, other lost board were talking about decoding the #'s from the computer log. they were all confused as to why it makes sense but that it would mean that the island/experiment ad been going on for over 40,000 years. thats what nobody understood

now there is an ancient ruin.

very, very interesting

your post is at the other place...lol..

anway i said that the biggest thing to come out of this is the tatue foot with 4 toes. it was attatched to something grand at one time and was made to look ancient.

anyway, other lost board were talking about decoding the #'s from the computer log. they were all confused as to why it makes sense but that it would mean that the island/experiment ad been going on for over 40,000 years. thats what nobody understood

very, very interesting

very, very interesting

ya when i saw the 4 toed statue i was thinking this is a ancient outpost that is waiting for someone from afar to return

ooops ok yea.

here is a great follow up. im telling you this has something to do with gay time travel or an elite race of humanism who were running the experiment way back in time

Here is a quote from another messageboard...

"There is a book on Amazon called "Headlong Hall" by Thomas Love Pea**** that contains the following passage:

Here you see is the pedestal of a statue, with only half a leg and four toes remaining: there wree many here once.

Apparently the book also mentions "3 Philosophers" : Hume, Locke, Rousseau?????

There is also a review by a Daniel Jolley "darkgenius". Don't know if this has anything to do with anything.

You can find it here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141...lance&n=283155

The Bible also has the story of Daniel interpreting the dream of Nebuchadnezzar of a giant statue with four parts representing the four great kingdoms of Earth preceding the eventual kingdom of heaven.

That could tie into the 9:22 thing (date the plane crashed)...didn't Eco carve something like Revelation 9:22 on his stick? There is no Revelation 9:22 (it stops at 21) but Chapter 9 has to do with signs of the end of the world. Maybe Eco found a new one???

Just some random stuff."

http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/s...?t=20442&page=2

quote.gif

the last revelation in the bible was 9:21 and the ate was 9:22?

there is an ancient thing going on here no doubt. the people who analyzed the data/dates from the log printot now are right on about 40,000 years

Here's what I thought was interesting from that site from one of the posters.

It's the foot of a statue of Vishnu.

Look at the design, it's classic Dravidic in style. Vishnu and most of the Hindi gods had 4 toes, fingers. It separated them from men.

And Dharma . . . is a Hindi term.

Here's something I found on a website about the term Vishnu.

ALL OVER India are dotted temples, steeped in lore and antiquity, with some even claiming their origin to the puranic days. One such is the Kali Mandir at Kalighat in south Kolkata. Goddess Sati, feeling humiliated at the cruel treatment meted out to her and to her husband, Lord Siva, by her father Daksha, during one of his yagnas, threw herself into the sacrificial fire. Lord Siva, even otherwise, noted for his quick temper, became infuriated at the self-immolation of his beloved, carried her body on his head and started dancing in mad abandon.

To pacify the angry consort and to calm Him, Lord Vishnu cut the body of Sati into pieces. Wherever one such piece fell, a holy stone was found, which soon grew into a centre of pilgrimage of Goddess Sati (or Parvati). One such blessed place was Kalighat, where the four toes of the right leg of Sati, fell.

This probably has nothing to do with that statue, but its a thought.

WTF is going on?

Ok, I bought the second season and watched it over a 6 day period.

What are the theories on the show?

How does does Desmond's love fit into this? Is he looking for him? Part of the Dharma thing? Part of the weird 'others' civilization/experiment?

While it was good to see the entire thing before the show comes back, it was tough to fit the pieces into place.

WTF is going on?

How does does Desmond's love fit into this? Is he looking for him? Part of the Dharma thing? Part of the weird 'others' civilization/experiment?

While it was good to see the entire thing before the show comes back, it was tough to fit the pieces into place.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier bro.

Lots of theories out there man. Alomst too many to list. End of the world and they're it. The island is obviously some sort of electromagnetic location that could destroy the world. Why was there a foot of a former statue with only 4 toes.

I can't even list the theories as I am still for a loss. ALL I know is thqt their planned 13 week vacation after the first 7 weeks is BULLSHIITE

WTF is going on?

dude your guess is as good as anyone leses. that show is making it up as they go along anyway

I think they're dealing with nanotechnologies, and that's what the smoke is.

I also think that Walt's mom was experimented on, and that's why Walt seems to have some sort of powers.

It's been a while, but I think that Desmond's love was Libby's sister, and Libby might have been in the loony bin with Hurley. Not sure how this all fits together, though.

One thing is for sure, it's not limbo. The writers have repeatedly denied this theory.

Thanks.

Dick I am looking at that link riught now. Interesting.

I think they're dealing with nanotechnologies, and that's what the smoke is.

I also think that Walt's mom was experimented on, and that's why Walt seems to have some sort of powers.

It's been a while, but I think that Desmond's love was Libby's sister, and Libby might have been in the loony bin with Hurley. Not sure how this all fits together, though.

One thing is for sure, it's not limbo. The writers have repeatedly denied this theory.

they ahve also denied anything to do with the supernatural and religion, but science cant explain anything on that island

FINALLY!! I am freakin' pumped for the season premier tonight. Who's with me? :yahoo:

FINALLY!! I am freakin' pumped for the season premier tonight. Who's with me? :yahoo:

i am with you!!!!! :D i just haave a feeling that it will be a frustrating opener... nothing learned and more questions! :lol:

:beer_Orcish:

I have only parts of a few commercials, but it looks good.