LOST (Merged 13X)

The Gun Of Bavaria

They're really starting to throw stuff out there now. They're playing on peoples' suspicions over the years and toying with us if you ask me. I think the writers are still full of BS. I don't even think they know where they want to go.

Agreed.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if next year isn't the last year, I stop watching and wait to the final final finale in 3 years.

Why?

Why is everyone in such a rush to get to the end?? I don't get it. Do you really want the show to end, if so, why watch it in the first place.

Me, I just want them to keep producing quality episodes which they certainly have. What happens when it ends GOB, you gotta sit around and wait for some Network to do the right thing and become creative again. Enjoy it while it's here, because it's gonna suck when it's over.

Interesting.

**SPOILERS SOUTH o' HERE *******************

Ok, so Ben sold out the Darma initiative.

That one guy was on the island when Ben was 8 and is still on it as Ben is over 40, but looks virtually the same. Alien?

Lock looks like a goner.

War is about to break out.

"Jacob" is um......was it a plea to Lock...is it the black smoke...afraid of light? Alien?

Alot of characters had Daddy issues on the island. Whether their own or having to deal with someone elses.

Why?

Why is everyone in such a rush to get to the end?? I don't get it. Do you really want the show to end, if so, why watch it in the first place.

Me, I just want them to keep producing quality episodes which they certainly have. What happens when it ends GOB, you gotta sit around and wait for some Network to do the right thing and become creative again. Enjoy it while it's here, because it's gonna suck when it's over.

Jetlag sorry I haven't responded yet. I love this series and yes I don't want to see it go. However the nature of the storyline makes it something that has to have an expiration date. It's a Catch-22 for ABC and the writers and hell, even us fans. On the one hand we love the show, love the story and the constant mystery of what the Island is all about and what the hell is going on. On the other, a storyline like that cannot just keep on going like an ER, Mash or NYPD Blue. This type of storyline has an 'endstate' and at some point fans are going to want to see it. Of course when that happens, the show is in essence over.

3 More seasons works for me however i'm still not sure how they're going to stretch the story of the island and its characteristics another 48 episodes. I guess the animosity I displayed was that I truly think that the first 1/2 of this season was pretty bad and that it was because the writers had no idea where the hell their own storyline was going. I think they started with a start and endstate, but as they progressed, specially in season 2, their storyline looked like a family tree, with new clues, ideas, directions and theories branching off the main one. In essence they gave so much information to contemplate that for every 1 question they revealed they created 5 more to replace it. That's fine and dandy, but I think they lost conrol there or a while and had to spend the 2nd half of this season fixing it.

The past 6 episodes SAVE THE STUPID COUPLE GETTING BURIED ONE have been great, have answered a lot of questions and created some very interesting new ones. I'm looking forward to next year, although I'm still waiting for the lesbian threesome between Kate, Juliette and Sun.

P.S. LOST WRITERS - PLEASE KILL OFF CHAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRLIE

Jetlag sorry I haven't responded yet. I love this series and yes I don't want to see it go. However the nature of the storyline makes it something that has to have an expiration date. It's a Catch-22 for ABC and the writers and hell, even us fans. On the one hand we love the show, love the story and the constant mystery of what the Island is all about and what the hell is going on. On the other, a storyline like that cannot just keep on going like an ER, Mash or NYPD Blue. This type of storyline has an 'endstate' and at some point fans are going to want to see it. Of course when that happens, the show is in essence over.

3 More seasons works for me however i'm still not sure how they're going to stretch the story of the island and its characteristics another 48 episodes. I guess the animosity I displayed was that I truly think that the first 1/2 of this season was pretty bad and that it was because the writers had no idea where the hell their own storyline was going. I think they started with a start and endstate, but as they progressed, specially in season 2, their storyline looked like a family tree, with new clues, ideas, directions and theories branching off the main one. In essence they gave so much information to contemplate that for every 1 question they revealed they created 5 more to replace it. That's fine and dandy, but I think they lost conrol there or a while and had to spend the 2nd half of this season fixing it.

The past 6 episodes SAVE THE STUPID COUPLE GETTING BURIED ONE have been great, have answered a lot of questions and created some very interesting new ones. I'm looking forward to next year, although I'm still waiting for the lesbian threesome between Kate, Juliette and Sun.

P.S. LOST WRITERS - PLEASE KILL OFF CHAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRLIE

I bet you anything charlie dies tonight. The synopsis for tonight's episode is that Charlie must do something to help the castaways against the others and that Desmond cannot prevent him from dying this time.

I've finally caught up on all the episodes, and I think the second half of the season is definitely a helluva lot better than teh first. It has really gone back to the way it used to be in teh first two seasons. But this Jacob character really interests me. Wikipedia has a shot of him from the last episode.

Jacob-ManBehindTheCurtain.jpg

from that shot, it kind of looks like he is missing a good chunk of his head.

Besides the fact that Ben and the rest of the Others answer to Jacob. It's also interesting in that in the Bible, Benjamin is the son of Jacob. According to wiki, As Jacob was the closest ancestor of the people who eventually became the Israelites, which were God's chosen people. God was also said to "love Jacob". This could tie into the idea that the Hostiles were natives attempting to create some form of Utopian Society on the island. It still doesn't explain why Richard looks like he hasn't aged a day, but it's interesting.

I bet you anything charlie dies tonight. The synopsis for tonight's episode is that Charlie must do something to help the castaways against the others and that Desmond cannot prevent him from dying this time.

I've finally caught up on all the episodes, and I think the second half of the season is definitely a helluva lot better than teh first. It has really gone back to the way it used to be in teh first two seasons. But this Jacob character really interests me. Wikipedia has a shot of him from the last episode.

Jacob-ManBehindTheCurtain.jpg

from that shot, it kind of looks like he is missing a good chunk of his head.

Besides the fact that Ben and the rest of the Others answer to Jacob. It's also interesting in that in the Bible, Benjamin is the son of Jacob. According to wiki, As Jacob was the closest ancestor of the people who eventually became the Israelites, which were God's chosen people. God was also said to "love Jacob". This could tie into the idea that the Hostiles were natives attempting to create some form of Utopian Society on the island. It still doesn't explain why Richard looks like he hasn't aged a day, but it's interesting.

Jacob looks like Locke in the screenshot,,

this coupled with rampant rumors of timetravel could mean we are looking at Locke in past of future...

Jacob looks like Locke in the screenshot,,

this coupled with rampant rumors of timetravel could mean we are looking at Locke in past of future...

That seems reasonable...Bald guy usually grow hair as time goes by....lol.

I have never seen one episode of Lost. Is it really that good???

If I had to rent them... what should I start with first... 24 or Lost?

Wow....couldn't have 2 better shows to choose from. Season 1 of Lost or 24? Huh....Id consider both.

But I have the first 3 seasons of 24 and with my new DVD burner...maybe Ill send you guys a copy of seasson 1 to get you started!

Wow....couldn't have 2 better shows to choose from. Season 1 of Lost or 24? Huh....Id consider both.

But I have the first 3 seasons of 24 and with my new DVD burner...maybe Ill send you guys a copy of seasson 1 to get you started!

Cool! Do that... we'll see if we like it enough to buy/rent the other seasons. Thanks! We owe ya one.

:beer:

I don't get it. Desmond says that Charlie was going to die by drowning, and now he'd being held at gunpoint. Did Desmond lie to Charlie to get him to do what he needed to do, or is the point of drowning come later?

Well the promo for next week shows Desmond coming in to save him, so Im assuming theres still a chance for one of the two(or both) to die. Something like, the gunfire damages the structure and it starts to collapse to the bottom of the sea. Im not completely sold they're going to die yet though, but i think Sayid and Jin are done. Ive been getting a feeling for the last half of this season they were going to off those two.

edit: although i just thought...they never actually showed Desmonds "vision" this time, and they have every time before, so it could very well be him just trying to get Charlie to go down so they could get it done. It's good to know at least THAT question will be answered next week.

I have never seen one episode of Lost. Is it really that good???

If I had to rent them... what should I start with first... 24 or Lost?

you are lucky. get season one of lost and watch them commercial free. its heavenly. by eps #3 you will be completely hooked

Well the promo for next week shows Desmond coming in to save him, so Im assuming theres still a chance for one of the two(or both) to die. Something like, the gunfire damages the structure and it starts to collapse to the bottom of the sea. Im not completely sold they're going to die yet though, but i think Sayid and Jin are done. Ive been getting a feeling for the last half of this season they were going to off those two.

edit: although i just thought...they never actually showed Desmonds "vision" this time, and they have every time before, so it could very well be him just trying to get Charlie to go down so they could get it done. It's good to know at least THAT question will be answered next week.

i doubt it. desmond has been nothing but first class all the way. he could have allowed charlie to die for his g/f, but chickened out at the last second and saved charlie. charlie is doomed now unless desmond again intervenes

he hasnt even found the button yet. mark my words, an explosion will occur during battle in the sea station and in the process, he will swim to the btton and drown

i doubt charlie croaking,, his fiancee is the other star of show, kate,,

i would think they would keep them both employed on island to keep crew harmony

Well, remember SJ, in Desmond's vision, people get rescued off the island. So if Charlie dies, maybe his fiancee will be saved, so both will leave the show at the same time?

they are NOT killing off Kate,, too much storyline between her and jack and sawyer

they are NOT killing off Kate,, too much storyline between her and jack and sawyer

I didn't say kill her off, I'm saying she'd get rescued.

Ya gotta remember, she's hot, talented, and canadian. She may have a movie career ahead of her. Who's to say she isn't the one who wants out?

i doubt charlie croaking,, his fiancee is the other star of show, kate,,

i would think they would keep them both employed on island to keep crew harmony

That hook-up is right up there with Lyle Lovett and Julia Roberts. :confused:

i doubt it. desmond has been nothing but first class all the way. he could have allowed charlie to die for his g/f, but chickened out at the last second and saved charlie. charlie is doomed now unless desmond again intervenes

That is assuming Desmond is being truthful about his interpretation of the visions. Or even interpreting them right. He says they come in jumbles and not in order.

He volunteered to dive after saying he needs to die in order for Claire to leave. Who knows if that is the truth? I think there is more to it then Desmond is letting on to. IMHO I think he knows way more about the island and this is tied to last year's final episode with his GF.

Archived