LOST (Merged 13X)

The Gun Of Bavaria

Good show.

-I am beginning to think Hurley talking to ghosts is not a part of some psychosis and actually him playing a larger role in the outcome of the island.

-So was Widmore made to turn that crank that kicked Ben off the island?

PFSIKH- I turned to my lady and said the SAME EXACT thing. It could quite well be that at some point the island required another sacrifice like we saw with Ben. Why are those two men so DESPERATE to get back on the island? Literally using all of their resources to find a way back on?

So did anyone else catch when Locke was talking with Richard he gave him the compass, and that when Richard finally "visits" Locke when he's a kid he gives him a couple of things to pick from. I dont' remember all the items but one is his knife and the other is the compass and Richard gets pissed when he chooses the knife? Nice little "closure" they put in that.

It's clear to me that Richard is a "constant" as well. He's almost like a sage, guiding the path of those the island has "chosen"

On the whole "Hugo seeing ghosts thing" I think that's more reminiscent of Luke seeing Obi-Wan in Star Wars, they're passed from this world but intelligent enough to pass along messages. He is a sympathetic/trustworthy figure and holds lots of sway with the group.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Definitely some biblical ties here. Good theories.

I think a HUGE part of this series is ying and yang, positive and negative, take and give. If I remember correctly in the first season Locke appeared to Claire in a dream with white and black eyes. The show is just LOADED with these types of things.

Did you catch Desmond's kids name? Charlie. In honor of Charlie - or is it actually Charlie!? With all this time jumping stuff - well, you never know. There are some Roman Cathloic undertones to the whole thing....Desmond was going to be a priest, falls in love with the woman who is Wildmore's daughter - they have a child at sea. Kind of a Jesus, Mary and Joseph thing going on, you know? Charlie died saving everyone. Desmond is a phrophet. Penny is - well, I'm not sure what Penny is besides Widmore's daughter.

Penny will be dead when Ben kills her -- all of your theories blow me away - and I mean that in a good way --

PFSIKH- I turned to my lady and said the SAME EXACT thing. It could quite well be that at some point the island required another sacrifice like we saw with Ben. Why are those two men so DESPERATE to get back on the island? Literally using all of their resources to find a way back on?

So did anyone else catch when Locke was talking with Richard he gave him the compass, and that when Richard finally "visits" Locke when he's a kid he gives him a couple of things to pick from. I dont' remember all the items but one is his knife and the other is the compass and Richard gets pissed when he chooses the knife? Nice little "closure" they put in that.

It's clear to me that Richard is a "constant" as well. He's almost like a sage, guiding the path of those the island has "chosen"

On the whole "Hugo seeing ghosts thing" I think that's more reminiscent of Luke seeing Obi-Wan in Star Wars, they're passed from this world but intelligent enough to pass along messages. He is a sympathetic/trustworthy figure and holds lots of sway with the group.

Great catch.

I missed that.

If I remember correctly, Richard went to the hospital when Ben was born in also.

Did you catch Desmond's kids name? Charlie. In honor of Charlie - or is it actually Charlie!? With all this time jumping stuff - well, you never know. There are some Roman Cathloic undertones to the whole thing....Desmond was going to be a priest, falls in love with the woman who is Wildmore's daughter - they have a child at sea. Kind of a Jesus, Mary and Joseph thing going on, you know? Charlie died saving everyone. Desmond is a phrophet. Penny is - well, I'm not sure what Penny is besides Widmore's daughter.

The other ironic part of his son's name is this. He named his son Charles, who also happens to be his worst enemy. I find this interesting because duality plays a huge part in the show.

Also, I'm starting to think that Richard isn't human but more like a human manifestation produced by the island to help ensure it's own safety.

The other ironic part of his son's name is this. He named his son Charles, who also happens to be his worst enemy. I find this interesting because duality plays a huge part in the show.

Also, I'm starting to think that Richard isn't human but more like a human manifestation produced by the island to help ensure it's own safety.

that might be true about Richard, but what also got me thinking about why he is ageless might harken back to the fact about the island time-travelling. Because the island moves back and forth through time, and at different speeds than the rest of the world, One might age on the island at a regular rate, but off the island could be seen as being almost ageless over a longer period of time. We also know that the island has healing properties, but it could also be possible that the island makes those on it immortal. But I would tend to go with my first idea that the island merely ages people at an extremely slower rate than the rest of the world does.

I honestly think we'll come to find out that Richard was an original member of the Black Rock Ship that crashed on the island in the 1700s (or was it 1800s?)

Which brings us to Widmore. If what I said is true about Richard, than the island might be some sort of Fountain of Youth that Widmore is trying to get back to. God knows how old he really was at the time they met his young self last week.

that might be true about Richard, but what also got me thinking about why he is ageless might harken back to the fact about the island time-travelling. Because the island moves back and forth through time, and at different speeds than the rest of the world, One might age on the island at a regular rate, but off the island could be seen as being almost ageless over a longer period of time. We also know that the island has healing properties, but it could also be possible that the island makes those on it immortal. But I would tend to go with my first idea that the island merely ages people at an extremely slower rate than the rest of the world does.

I honestly think we'll come to find out that Richard was an original member of the Black Rock Ship that crashed on the island in the 1700s (or was it 1800s?)

Which brings us to Widmore. If what I said is true about Richard, than the island might be some sort of Fountain of Youth that Widmore is trying to get back to. God knows how old he really was at the time they met his young self last week.

I like this! Hell forget Richard being on that boat. What of instead, he was one of the inhabitants that helped create that 4 toed ( or was it 3 toes) statute.

I think a HUGE part of this series is ying and yang, positive and negative, take and give. If I remember correctly in the first season Locke appeared to Claire in a dream with white and black eyes. The show is just LOADED with these types of things.

Remember Season 1, when Jack heads inland to camp near the water source and they find the bodies with the black and white stone?

Question, is Jack a nickname for Jacob?

i dont think so.. i think jake is a nickname for jacob.. jack is a nickname for john.

here is something.., could "charlie" the baby be both penny's child and father? with all this time travel.. i know that doesnt make any sense really... but if they are going back to the island.. it could happen.. lol

i dont think so.. i think jake is a nickname for jacob.. jack is a nickname for john.

here is something.., could "charlie" the baby be both penny's child and father? with all this time travel.. i know that doesnt make any sense really... but if they are going back to the island.. it could happen.. lol

I don't think so, because both charlies coexisted in real time.

I don't think so, because both charlies coexisted in real time.

they havent met face to face.. and who knows what can happen when you time travel.

i realize that it makes no sense.. just grasping at straws here. :lol:

also i realize that desmonds baby wouldnt have "widemore" as his last name.

they havent met face to face.. and who knows what can happen when you time travel.

i realize that it makes no sense.. just grasping at straws here. :lol:

also i realize that desmonds baby wouldnt have "widemore" as his last name.

You know you're a great writer when you can keep hundred of thousands of people guessing for 5 years. Lost could go down as the greatest fictional story told on television.

Here's why I think you're right....

Why, oh why, would Charles Widmore want and know that Captain's Log from the Black Rock? Do you guys remember that?

I love anime (I know, make fun of me) but, there is one series called "Raxephon" and I'll sum up why I agree with your idea of "Fountain of Youth". In this series Tokyo is encased in "ball" that distorts time and space, the people in side have no clue, but their world is moving "slower" then those on the outside. Long story short, the main character and his love are seperated during this happening, the girl ends up on the outside, she ages 10 years, he only ages 5 inside.

But yea, the island also has the ability to change the "fates" of people IMO, something that could "change" your fortunes.

Here's why I think you're right....

Why, oh why, would Charles Widmore want and know that Captain's Log from the Black Rock? Do you guys remember that?

I love anime (I know, make fun of me) but, there is one series called "Raxephon" and I'll sum up why I agree with your idea of "Fountain of Youth". In this series Tokyo is encased in "ball" that distorts time and space, the people in side have no clue, but their world is moving "slower" then those on the outside. Long story short, the main character and his love are seperated during this happening, the girl ends up on the outside, she ages 10 years, he only ages 5 inside.

But yea, the island also has the ability to change the "fates" of people IMO, something that could "change" your fortunes.

Almost sounds like the Matrix movies?

I was wondering something along that lines when Kate ran into to Sun Yi (SP?).

I believe it is 3 years into the future and Aaron looks (stretching it a tad) to be about 3. Yet Sun only has only a baby picture of her baby.

Granted, a Mom could only have a picture of her few month old baby, but realistically they would have the most recent pic taken at Walmart.

I like this! Hell forget Richard being on that boat. What of instead, he was one of the inhabitants that helped create that 4 toed ( or was it 3 toes) statute.

I like all of this about Richard, but I had my own theories which is echoed in some of what I quoted.

I think Richard himself may be stuck in the same type of "time displacement" as Faraday, Sawyer, et al.

I think he was on the Black Rock ship and that something happened causing this non-stop time travel to occur. Therefore, he seems ageless but he is has just been popping in and out of time for 300 years.

This could be why he always knows where people will be and why he can sssimilate himself so effectively in the timelines.

I don't know, just a theory of mine.

Some may say that getting off the island while being stuck in the time trap is impossible, but obviously Locke does it, and RIchard sems to be the one to tell him how to do it.

Quite possibly Richard has been orchestrating all of this to figure out how to stop himself from ding the time warp.

Almost sounds like the Matrix movies?

I was wondering something along that lines when Kate ran into to Sun Yi (SP?).

I believe it is 3 years into the future and Aaron looks (stretching it a tad) to be about 3. Yet Sun only has only a baby picture of her baby.

Granted, a Mom could only have a picture of her few month old baby, but realistically they would have the most recent pic taken at Walmart.

What's funny is that threw me for a loop as well. Maybe with Sun we get some sort of explanation of why women on the island usually die when pregnant.

Could it have something to do with the carrier/mother being exposed to one timeline, while the zygote/baby is exposed to another?

That was I was thinking. Perhaps the mothers body develops at one speed during the pregnancy while the infant develops at another causing massive trauma to the mothers body. This also makes it interesting with getting everyone back to the island... does Sun need to have the baby with her? My guess is no.

Well...........................

More of a set up episode than a revealing episode.

Interesting twist with Claire's mom and then Jin being rescued by Rousseau and the French.

The time line just took a MAJOR hit and has been tampered with.

Uh oh.

Time sickness is affecting Juliette and no offense writers, but her and her always glistening and exposed cleavage are not to be touched.

Still trying to figure out what's in this for Ben. He could give $*it about the 6.

Writers, if you're reading this, PLEASE have Hurley get shanked in the neck next week while at county lockup.

Interesting twist with Claire's mom and then Jin being rescued by Rousseau and the French.

Uh oh.

Time sickness is affecting Juliette and no offense writers, but her and her always glistening and exposed cleavage are not to be touched.

Still trying to figure out what's in this for Ben. He could give $*it about the 6.

Writers, if you're reading this, PLEASE have Hurley get shanked in the neck next week while at county lockup.

Ben is nothing without the island. He only ever meant something in this life until he became the leader of the "others". That's why he wants to get back so badly. The same reason Charles Widmore wants to get back to the island.

Uh oh.

Word. On both accounts.

More cowbell as well. :P

That was I was thinking. Perhaps the mothers body develops at one speed during the pregnancy while the infant develops at another causing massive trauma to the mothers body. This also makes it interesting with getting everyone back to the island... does Sun need to have the baby with her? My guess is no.

Ben is nothing without the island. He only ever meant something in this life until he became the leader of the "others". That's why he wants to get back so badly. The same reason Charles Widmore wants to get back to the island.

Great calls on both of those.

I think Richard is more the 'organic face' of Jacob.

How they are going to wrap all this up in the remaining 30+ episodes is beyond me.

Uh oh.

:bwahaharoll: The only one more annoying than Hurley is Charlotte. She repulses me in every way possible.

Remember the timeline cannot be affected, except maybe by Desmond. So the Rousseau we know has met Jin before, maybe that's why she's always so eager to help them.

I want to know who was on that damn canoe shooting at them. I'm starting to think that took place in the future.

:bwahaharoll: The only one more annoying than Hurley is Charlotte. She repulses me in every way possible.

Remember the timeline cannot be affected, except maybe by Desmond. So the Rousseau we know has met Jin before, maybe that's why she's always so eager to help them.

I want to know who was on that damn canoe shooting at them. I'm starting to think that took place in the future.

Good catch.

Didn't Faraday say you can not change the future?

Crap. I think I have to go back and watch all seasons...no that will not help.

I wonder if Widmore went back to past and used the knowledge of the future to be uber rich. He was a soldier and now is filthy rich.

Good catch.

Didn't Faraday say you can not change the future?

Crap. I think I have to go back and watch all seasons...no that will not help.

I wonder if Widmore went back to past and used the knowledge of the future to be uber rich. He was a soldier and now is filthy rich.

He did talk to Hatch Desmond and told him to find his mother, to which Des in the present responded to and is trying to do now. The question the lies there is... did Daniel go to the "future" where he saw everything on the island fall apart, and is able to come back to the present time and is trying to change the course of events to come? Tricky stuff.

I don't think the Rosseau/Jin thing will be that big of a deal... it might eventually tie off something in the past seasons kinda like the compass thing with Locke and Richard.

I'm curious to see the connection between Faraday and Widmore though... is it more then just business??

He did talk to Hatch Desmond and told him to find his mother, to which Des in the present responded to and is trying to do now. The question the lies there is... did Daniel go to the "future" where he saw everything on the island fall apart, and is able to come back to the present time and is trying to change the course of events to come? Tricky stuff.

I don't think the Rosseau/Jin thing will be that big of a deal... it might eventually tie off something in the past seasons kinda like the compass thing with Locke and Richard.

I'm curious to see the connection between Faraday and Widmore though... is it more then just business??

i think faraday may be widmore's kid

I agree.

On a side note, why is Jin experiencing the time changing flashes? The boat explosion he survived was a fairly long distance away from the island. If he was within the radius, then why not the helicopter carrying the Oceanic 6?

I'm thinking that as well. Which is why I'm so damn curious. Part of me thinks that something happened with Widmore and his mother and they've separated, and while he has "sided" with dad, his ultimate intentions are to help his mother who I think... is the woman who is helping Ben.

The best part about theorizing about Lost is that I feel like a sports journalist... say whatever I want on speculation and then not be held accountable :)

I agree.

On a side note, why is Jin experiencing the time changing flashes? The boat explosion he survived was a fairly long distance away from the island. If he was within the radius, then why not the helicopter carrying the Oceanic 6?

Arguably you can say the blast of the ship shot him back or something. It's difficult to pin point that and may end up being a plot hole.

Arguably you can say the blast of the ship shot him back or something. It's difficult to pin point that and may end up being a plot hole.

Wouldn't he have to be shot back or swim with the exact coordinates laid out in previous seasons?

I think it may be a plot hole as well. My thinking the whole time was that even if Jin did survive (which I thought was likely), he would be stuck out in the middle of the ocean with no island nearby.

Wouldn't he have to be shot back or swim with the exact coordinates laid out in previous seasons?

I think it may be a plot hole as well. My thinking the whole time was that even if Jin did survive (which I thought was likely), he would be stuck out in the middle of the ocean with no island nearby.

Yea, that's why I told my lady that he was DONE. Jin was her favorite so she was happy to see him back. What's interesting to me though is how in the effing hell does Ben know that Jin is alive? He'd still have to have people on his island communicating to him. The only person I could think of is Mikael and we haven't seen him in forever.

I can't seem to figure out how Miles and Ginger girl were on the island previously. They were the first two to get the nosebleeds and Juliet the 3rd, which makes sense if they're going chronologically...

Archived