LOST (Merged 13X)

The Gun Of Bavaria

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's what I thought...I remembered them saying "In two weeks..." and then they showed the preview...

:headbang:

The shot of Jack stepping aside and Sawyer seeing Kate for the first time in three years--especially after his speech to Juliet--was unbelievable. No way he could have forgotten that face. It was nicely acted and you could feel Sawyer's happiness and emotion at seeing her.

So we've hit a slow patch. After all that time travel and frenetic pace the last few weeks, I guess it's to be expected. Difficult to see what pipe they are laying to spin the story. BTW, Juliette looked stunning last night, especially with the straightened hair. Kate, on the other hand, is starting to look a little gnomish. Don't get me wrong, she is still hot, just not as gorgeous as the tall, "built", Juliette.

I did not think it was that bad.

*****SPOILER ALERT **********

I could see the impending 'war' being Jack versus Sawyer.

Jack does not seem to be happy with the way things are going (ie. 30 years in the past, a workman and not the leader).

On the flip side, now Sawyer has been running things for the 'Lost' tribe and likes the way things are going with him calling the shots.

I would not be surprised if they ever go fully into the Others tribe beyond Richard if we run into a much older Jack or Sawyer as their leader similar to Jacob.

Does anybody think that the baby delivered last night was Ethan?

I think it was Jacob. A baby that shouldn't have been due to Sawyers interference. Dont' forget that last season when Locke was looking for Jacob he ran into someone. Horace Goodspeed. Who happened to be "building a house" and eventually brought John to the house he built. If Jacob wasn't meant to be perhaps this allows him to exist on a different plane, allowing him to appear and dissapear throughout time. I know Locke said Jacob sent him in the 50's, but Jacob could be a god, who is anywhere and everywhere at all times.

Ethan isn't a bad guest. but with only a season left it's kinda like an "Oh that's cool" birth rather then something big, which I suspect it to be.

Ahem.... Score one for the troll.:P

HOLY SMOKES.

WHAT AN EPISODE

I wonder if/how the paradox of Ben now being dead is going to play out.

I mean, if Ben is dead in 1977, how does he do any of the things he ever did in the first place.

There's always the possibility that the bullet didn't kill him, as well. I would suppose Jack could save him, or perhaps Richard steps in?

I like the idea of Sayid successfully killing young Ben, but I'm not sure I buy into it quite yet.

HOLY SMOKES.

WHAT AN EPISODE

I mean, if Ben is dead in 1977, how does he do any of the things he ever did in the first place.

He doesnt do the things he did.....

IMHO.......Dharma becomes a success due to them surviving...Time Travel invented in 1970s, world a different place in last episode when they retrun to real time and the world is advanced due to Dharma discoveries

He doesnt do the things he did.....

IMHO.......Dharma becomes a success due to them surviving...Time Travel invented in 1970s, world a different place in last episode when they retrun to real time and the world is advanced due to Dharma discoveries

Good theory.

I wonder if the "war" that was believed to be betweem the Dharma and the Others is in fact the Returnees vs. Left Behind 815ers.

Sawyer seems to like the way things are. Maybe the ultimate solution is for them to go back to their previous lives to undo whatever is about to happen. The war thus being a war with them not wanting to return.

HOLY SMOKES.

WHAT AN EPISODE

I think we need to find out Faraday's evolved theory. I know Sawyer briefly mentioned it in an episode where he has revised his you cannot change things.

On one hand, I do not know if killing Ben would totally undo the current time line, but I imagine they would not still be on the island in 1977.

I do not know what it is about this season, but the story line seems to be on a pendulum swinging from one extreme to another.

+1

Although it's pretty disappointing that Sayid, a professional killer, couldn't get the job done.

Could have something to do with Ben's connection to the island. Remember he was a "chosen one" until it seemed the island decided to be done with him and gave him cancer...

It's not like John Locke hasn't been shot and come back to life. The island allows you to heal faster then in real life if it allows you to.

Could have something to do with Ben's connection to the island. Remember he was a "chosen one" until it seemed the island decided to be done with him and gave him cancer...

It's not like John Locke hasn't been shot and come back to life. The island allows you to heal faster then in real life if it allows you to.

Very true...I forgot about that.

John Locke did come back to life after Ben shot him. If Ben is the "chosen one," there is no reason the same cannot happen to him.

No way, he's one of the great tv villians of all time. I think the island heals him, as others have said, like Locke.

He's brilliant. Deliciously evil, his character is a driving force as he has been NEEDED but yet you always know he's ready to stab you in the back.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see a "Ben's dead...REALLY dead" story line unfold over the next few episodes....only to have him re-emerge in the season finale. A bit cliche...but I wouldn't be completely surprised.

Either that or we find out he's not really dead in the next few episodes. Anyone mind if I mention the name of the next episode?

He's brilliant. Deliciously evil, his character is a driving force as he has been NEEDED but yet you always know he's ready to stab you in the back.

I agree.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see a "Ben's dead...REALLY dead" story line unfold over the next few episodes....only to have him re-emerge in the season finale. A bit cliche...but I wouldn't be completely surprised.

Either that or we find out he's not really dead in the next few episodes. Anyone mind if I mention the name of the next episode?

I do not remember what episode it was, but there was a scene in the post Guam crash where Ben was on a stretcher and I thought they said they did not know why he was sick/hurt.

I do not know if that jives with all the timelines.

jack will refuse to operate on Ben and Juliet will end up saving Ben..hence bens statement seasons ago to Juliet 'You look just like her'..

That seems plausible... No way Ben can die, so surviving a gunshot with the help of Juliet or Jack makes sense.

Any thoughts on how Ben got so beat up? We haven't seen Desmond or Penny sense the beginning of the season, so it must have something to do with them.

That seems plausible... No way Ben can die, so surviving a gunshot with the help of Juliet or Jack makes sense.

Any thoughts on how Ben got so beat up? We haven't seen Desmond or Penny sense the beginning of the season, so it must have something to do with them.

i assume desmond beat him up when ben killed penny,,thats prob what happened,,remember Bens threat to widmore when Bens 'daughter'; died,,'I will kill your daughter in return'

I agree.

I do not remember what episode it was, but there was a scene in the post Guam crash where Ben was on a stretcher and I thought they said they did not know why he was sick/hurt.

I do not know if that jives with all the timelines.

Well I remember earlier in that episode, the "new survivors" are around the other two boats, and they mention that "the pilot and another girl" took another one. So...with that, I'm assuming they find Ben still knocked out after he took the shot from Sun.

I seriously doubt they would kill off Ben's character completely. Besides the fact that it's one of the more popular villains on TV, there's no one else on that show that can push the plot through or play the role of the "villain" like he can. They may be turning Sayid that way, but I don't think his character is strong enough to be the type of villain Ben is.

The plot summaries for the next two episodes are interesting. Makes you wonder that if they indeed let Ben die that he doesn't have some sort of rebirth on the island a la John or Christian Shepard

The next two episodes:

"Whatever Happened, Happened" Kate goes to extreme measures to save Ben's life when Jack refuses to help. Meanwhile, Kate begins to tell the truth about the lie in order to protect Aaron

Dead is DeadTo atone for sins of the past, Ben must attempt to summon the smoke monster in order to be judged

I seriously doubt they would kill off Ben's character completely. Besides the fact that it's one of the more popular villains on TV, there's no one else on that show that can push the plot through or play the role of the "villain" like he can. They may be turning Sayid that way, but I don't think his character is strong enough to be the type of villain Ben is.

The plot summaries for the next two episodes are interesting. Makes you wonder that if they indeed let Ben die that he doesn't have some sort of rebirth on the island a la John or Christian Shepard

The next two episodes:

"Whatever Happened, Happened" Kate goes to extreme measures to save Ben's life when Jack refuses to help. Meanwhile, Kate begins to tell the truth about the lie in order to protect Aaron

Dead is DeadTo atone for sins of the past, Ben must attempt to summon the smoke monster in order to be judged

They sound like good episodes.

Totally agreed. Fascinating stuff though with Ben. I love how Jack owned Kate by saying "You didn't like the old me."

Yeah that was pretty much a STFU Kate moment.

I have absolutely no idea where this storyline is going right now.

To the end. ;)

Widmore's statement that he is trying to prevent a war still holds true.

Between who is up for debate, but it still seems to be between Good and Evil and/or Black and White. Who is who is up for debate as well, but I would not be surprised if the Good and White side is not what we expected. Case in point Widemore and John's interaction upon John's return.

I think these episodes are just shaping up things to come.

I am really curious to see how Ben's Judgment goes.

Yeah that was pretty much a STFU Kate moment.

To the end. ;)

Widmore's statement that he is trying to prevent a war still holds true.

Between who is up for debate, but it still seems to be between Good and Evil and/or Black and White. Who is who is up for debate as well, but I would not be surprised if the Good and White side is not what we expected. Case in point Widemore and John's interaction upon John's return.

I think these episodes are just shaping up things to come.

I am really curious to see how Ben's Judgment goes.

Did anyone else catch the comment made to Richard when he took ben

"What are Charles and Ellie going to think?"

"I don't answer to them."

Perhaps this is why Ben is wanted DEAD by Widmore. Something is leading to Widmore being kicked off.

Archived