LOST (Merged 13X)

The Gun Of Bavaria

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm on season 1, just started watching it. It's good and ****ing retarded at the same time, I keep watching to see how it's going to end when I know there's 5 ****ing season so it's not ending anytime soon but hopefully something will at least start to make sense.

Thats a pretty good description, just keep watching it man, its riveting television.

Some of the best I've ever seen. Maybe only 2nd to The Wire, but I have Lost ahead of The Wire now. Depends on how Lost ends.

• 2 weeks later...

As long as the last episode doesn't pull some "Sopranos"-like BS that doesn't offer any closure, I think this season's going to be fine and wrap up some of the questions about the show.

Will be interested in seeing how Jacob's Nemesis (AKA the Smoke Monster) plays out this season.

The show has always had a religious/spiritual undertone, but last night screamed it.

The way they carried Sayid out of the water to me at least, felt very "Christ like".

Could it be that Jacob knew all along these things would happen? And if so then he explicitly knew he needed to get Hurley to the temple and that Sayid truly would die in the water. Thus then being able to possibly inhabit his body?

What I'm saying is.... is it crazy to think that Sayid = Jacob now? At least in some shape/way/form.

Lots of information to digest. Good way to open up the season though. Any thoughts?

Well that other dude is smokey, and apparently blowing that bomb up created a grandfathers paradox and a new dimension (If the plane never crashed on the island, how could the survivors have blown up the under construction hatch in 1974)

Definitely got more interesting as it went on.. I wish they'd be done with the soap opera **** though

The way they carried Sayid out of the water to me at least, felt very "Christ like".

Could it be that Jacob knew all along these things would happen? And if so then he explicitly knew he needed to get Hurley to the temple and that Sayid truly would die in the water. Thus then being able to possibly inhabit his body?

What I'm saying is.... is it crazy to think that Sayid = Jacob now? At least in some shape/way/form.

Good thought. "Jacob" rises from the dead.

Well that other dude is smokey, and apparently blowing that bomb up created a grandfathers paradox and a new dimension (If the plane never crashed on the island, how could the survivors have blown up the under construction hatch in 1974)

Definitely got more interesting as it went on.. I wish they'd be done with the soap opera **** though

Right, and clearly there were differences in this dimension. Jack was in the window seat, the waitress gave him 1 bottle of booze (had 2 in the pilot), Rose was the one that said "It's ok" to him (in the pilot he said it to rose), etc.

Clearly there are some ties though between the dimensions... the cut on his neck. The soap opera **** has gotta be there to get another viewer base though. Can't be all nerdy stuff.

Lots of information to digest. Good way to open up the season though. Any thoughts?

1) Ongoing battle between good and evil. (It's sort of like the Matrix storyline, the same battle has played out time and time again with different results.)

2) Jacob = God

3) Smoke Monster/Man formerly known as Locke = Lucifer/Satan (Smoke monster takes the form of a serpent when it makes it move)

4) Temple = Heaven - Where Satan was kicked out of by god. Indicated by " I just want to go home". and their attempts to prevent him from coming back in.

5) The Ankh = Symbol of Life

6) Water (Springs) = Water as a symbol of life as well as a means of cleansing, or purification

7) Sayid = Jesus - They carried him out of the springs like Jesus on the cross, and like Jesus, he "died" only to become alive again. He will be the new leader to protect them from the devil.

e Ancient Ankh, Symbol of Life

1) Ongoing battle between good and evil. (It's sort of like the Matrix storyline, the same battle has played out time and time again with different results.)

2) Jacob = God

3) Smoke Monster/Man formerly known as Locke = Lucifer/Satan (Smoke monster takes the form of a serpent when it makes it move)

4) Temple = Heaven - Where Satan was kicked out of by god. Indicated by " I just want to go home". and their attempts to prevent him from coming back in.

6) Water (Springs) = Water as a symbol of life as well as a means of cleansing, or purification

7) Sayid = Jesus - They carried him out of the springs like Jesus on the cross, and like Jesus, he "died" only to become alive again. He will be the new leader to protect them from the devil.

I definitely agree with your first point.

As for the Devil/God thing, yes I think they portray the idea of opposing sides, obviously. For me though... I almost view it that Smokey is more of the watchmaker god, he believes in the design and things that are meant to play out, play out. He doesn't interfere. Jacob interferes. He contacts the "mortals", he manipulates them to do what he needs done.

Another comparison to the Matrix could be the Architect vs. The Oracle. One, designed and expects the iterations to play out, the other, sticks their nose in and tries to get things to change. It's a loose analogy but I think you get the general idea.

I think Sayid = jacob is too easy, but yeah it came to mind

2) Jacob = God

All makes sense, but again, seems too easy..

I definitely agree with your first point.

As for the Devil/God thing, yes I think they portray the idea of opposing sides, obviously. For me though... I almost view it that Smokey is more of the watchmaker god, he believes in the design and things that are meant to play out, play out. He doesn't interfere. Jacob interferes. He contacts the "mortals", he manipulates them to do what he needs done.

Another comparison to the Matrix could be the Architect vs. The Oracle. One, designed and expects the iterations to play out, the other, sticks their nose in and tries to get things to change. It's a loose analogy but I think you get the general idea.

I like your assessment bro. It makes a lot of sense and goes back to the conversation between Jacob & "The other guy" on the beach last season, while looking at the ship.

I like your assessment bro. It makes a lot of sense and goes back to the conversation between Jacob & "The other guy" on the beach last season, while looking at the ship.

Thanks! Yea, that's what made me think of it, we re-watched the last episode of last season prior to jumping into last night. Great show, just keeps you thinking for the next 24 hours.

Saw it last night.

Why is Desmond on the plane?

Where was Shannon?

Hurley is now lucky?

are they now in some sort of parallel universe.. they are on the island and on the plane?

reminds me of a star trek: next generation .. where there is a second riker .. because of a transporter glitch.

yes thats right, i am a geek, damnit!

who are the people at the temple?

did the smoke ( evil) kill Mr. Eko because he was a "man of god" ?

Nothing beats the original star trek episode that the STNG episode was based off of.

mirror_mirror.jpg

sigh... there was a difference. in this episode.. which i know VERY well..

the parallel world had the "other" crew as evil..

in the STNG episode i was referring to, the new riker is not evil..

right now we have not gotten the impression that the passengers that are now on the plane.. are not evil.. they just continued on as if they didnt crash.

nice try, officer ;)

and oh by the way.. any thoughts on my queries?

Saw it last night.

Why is Desmond on the plane?

I believe Desmond is Jack's "Constant". Desmond has always been special and has been able to flash to the past and other dimensions ever since he turned the key in the hatch. It's no surprise to me that no matter what timeline/universe, Desmond finds Jack. In this case, I believe it was on purpose.

Where was Shannon?

Hurley is now lucky?

As for Shannon and Hurley, I think those are more "parallel universe" signs. I put in bold why I think Des is on the plane.

Archived