LOST (Merged 13X)

The Gun Of Bavaria

ok just finished watching it... Hurley continues to be my favorite character... everybody check out the numbers on the hatch... the same numbers as his lottery ticket... also an 815 .... also 23 was the gate number and 23,000 the number of $$ the guy got for turning in kate...aslo one of hurley's number....

september is a long way away

Greengal,

Hurley's numbers were all over the place in the ep - when Hurley is racing to the plane on the scooter he "bought" from the guy that got the hip replacement, he's buzzing through a crowd, and in that crowd, in the foreground of the picture, you see gils wearing purple soccer jerseys, wearing the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, & 42.

The numbers originated from the hatch, then onto the radio signal (that Rousseau later recorded her 16 yr distress call on), heard on the radio by the guy in Australia (who used the numbers & was dealing with the same "curse" Hurley is) & the guy in the mental hospital who Hurley knew, mental guy just kept repeating the numbers over & over, Hurley picked up on them there, etc...

Dude, you've got some "Arnst" on you... :lol:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This season of 24 sucked a$$ beyond belief. Easily the WORST season of them all.

well Lost is a chick soap opera piece of crap.

24 acknowledged best written show on TV. but i understand that it may be too manly for u. enjoy the girlie-man soap... =D>

well Lost is a chick soap opera piece of crap.

24 acknowledged best written show on TV. but i understand that it may be too manly for u. enjoy the girlie-man soap... =D>

Well, we all know that if the all-knowing, omnipresent expert of everything that is anything SouthernJet likes something and someone else doesn't then I guess that person is obviously misguided. :shock: I mean, who would dare disagree with the mouth of the south right? There's having knowledge and then there's being SouthernJet.

I was as big of fan of 24 as anyone else around here until this season, but the fact is, that while fictional, 24's writers had smartly limited themselves to reality until Season 4. This season they completely went overboard with their storyline along a tangent that was so unreallistic that it wasn't evem entertaining, let alone believable. Plain and simple - the writers got lazy.

1. Nuclear Power Plant Override Device - Yeah ok, there's one device that can control 100+ plants across the US and it's on a train with one guy guarding it. :shock:

2. Stolen Stealth Fighter - Sure, some guy that a maintenance crew (the guys who work on the plane year in and year out) have never seen in their life is going to waltz in and take a fully armed Stealth for a flight.

3. Shooting Down Air Force One - Air Force One has more electronic coutermeasures then the hallway leading to Jackson's bedroom at the Neverland Ranch. But let's fly straight and even for the missle to hit, not attempt any countermeasures and by the way, make sure none of those F-15s feel free to take the missle for the President instead.

4. The President's Football - Those codes can be changes in a matter of minutes for precisely that reason. In reality they would have been changed before the plane hit the ground.

5. Ambushing/Stealing Nuke from Convoy - Have you ever seen a convoy that is transporting a Nuke? It looks like P. Diddy's entourage on steroids. The US takes their nuke security seriously, convoys transporting nukes are absolutely armed to the hilt, not one truck on a back country Iowa road.

6. The "Stealth" Cruise Missle - No such thing exists. And the missle that they showed in the episode taking off was an old Hawk Anti Aircraft Missle. Christ at least attempt to make it look real.

7. Nuke on a missle - Yeah, North Korea still hasn't developed the ability to arm missles with a nuke but a couple chain smoking Turks have got it down.

8. Kidnapping the SecDef - Okie dokie, whatever you say.

9. All roads lead to LA - 4 straight seasons of terrorists trying to blow up LA. Apparently the Hollywood elite have pissed some people off and Chicago and NY have been taken off their target list. I mean, why target Chicago from Iowa when you can send the nuke on a 4 hour flight instead.

10. The Defense Contractor & EMP Device - Weak.

11, CTU Agents doubling as Star Trek Away Team security men.

8708417_F_tn.jpg

Jesus Christ. These guys are federal counterterrorist agents and every single one that goes with Jack or Chloe on a security detail dies. Christ I'm pretty sure 10 CTU guys died on 'security details' this season. Apparently the Hellen Keller school of counterterrorism isn't working.

12. The Mole - Part IV: 4 seasons, 4 moles working inside CTU. Who's doing the background checks? Timothy McVeigh?? When all else fails, place a mole into the storyline.

13. The "Not all Muslims are terrorists" public service announcement.

14. We got him, he escaped. We got him, he escaped. We got him, he escaped. We got him, he escaped. We got him, he escaped. Marwon apparently has a cloaking device. (See CTU Secrity Agents #11)

Plain and simple, Season 4 of 24 was weak as hell and not even mildly entertaining by midseason. With Jack gone I don't see it getting much better.

Well, we all know that if the all-knowing, omnipresent expert of everything that is anything SouthernJet likes something and someone else doesn't then I guess that person is obviously misguided. :shock: I mean, who would dare disagree with the mouth of the south right? There's having knowledge and then there's being SouthernJet.

I was as big of fan of 24 as anyone else around here until this season, but the fact is, that while fictional, 24's writers had smartly limited themselves to reality until Season 4. This season they completely went overboard with their storyline along a tangent that was so unreallistic that it wasn't evem entertaining, let alone believable. Plain and simple - the writers got lazy.

1. Nuclear Power Plant Override Device - Yeah ok, there's one device that can control 100+ plants across the US and it's on a train with one guy guarding it. :shock:

2. Stolen Stealth Fighter - Sure, some guy that a maintenance crew (the guys who work on the plane year in and year out) have never seen in their life is going to waltz in and take a fully armed Stealth for a flight.

3. Shooting Down Air Force One - Air Force One has more electronic coutermeasures then the hallway leading to Jackson's bedroom at the Neverland Ranch. But let's fly straight and even for the missle to hit, not attempt any countermeasures and by the way, make sure none of those F-15s feel free to take the missle for the President instead.

4. The President's Football - Those codes can be changes in a matter of minutes for precisely that reason. In reality they would have been changed before the plane hit the ground.

5. Ambushing/Stealing Nuke from Convoy - Have you ever seen a convoy that is transporting a Nuke? It looks like P. Diddy's entourage on steroids. The US takes their nuke security seriously, convoys transporting nukes are absolutely armed to the hilt, not one truck on a back country Iowa road.

6. The "Stealth" Cruise Missle - No such thing exists. And the missle that they showed in the episode taking off was an old Hawk Anti Aircraft Missle. Christ at least attempt to make it look real.

7. Nuke on a missle - Yeah, North Korea still hasn't developed the ability to arm missles with a nuke but a couple chain smoking Turks have got it down.

8. Kidnapping the SecDef - Okie dokie, whatever you say.

9. All roads lead to LA - 4 straight seasons of terrorists trying to blow up LA. Apparently the Hollywood elite have pissed some people off and Chicago and NY have been taken off their target list. I mean, why target Chicago from Iowa when you can send the nuke on a 4 hour flight instead.

10. The Defense Contractor & EMP Device - Weak.

11, CTU Agents doubling as Star Trek Away Team security men.

8708417_F_tn.jpg

Jesus Christ. These guys are federal counterterrorist agents and every single one that goes with Jack or Chloe on a security detail dies. Christ I'm pretty sure 10 CTU guys died on 'security details' this season. Apparently the Hellen Keller school of counterterrorism isn't working.

12. The Mole - Part IV: 4 seasons, 4 moles working inside CTU. Who's doing the background checks? Timothy McVeigh?? When all else fails, place a mole into the storyline.

13. The "Not all Muslims are terrorists" public service announcement.

14. We got him, he escaped. We got him, he escaped. We got him, he escaped. We got him, he escaped. We got him, he escaped. Marwon apparently has a cloaking device. (See CTU Secrity Agents #11)

Plain and simple, Season 4 of 24 was weak as hell and not even mildly entertaining by midseason. With Jack gone I don't see it getting much better.

lord almighty, kinda sensitive arent we? what are you blowin the lost writers?

but i agree, the Lost is so believable :lol::lol::lol::lol:

ok..it just occured to me... did anyone remember that in the initial Charlie background episode... that it seemed like charlie was quite religious ..and now the heroin was hid in the religious statues? He took the statue with him in the last episode...wanna bet there are no drugs in it but the brought it to help bless the baby?

ok..it just occured to me... did anyone remember that in the initial Charlie background episode... that it seemed like charlie was quite religious ..and now the heroin was hid in the religious statues? He took the statue with him in the last episode...wanna bet there are no drugs in it but the brought it to help bless the baby?

thats what i thought,,they only showed top unbrken part, if the yshowed whole statue it might have shown that the heroin was taken out......

• 3 months later...

Okay, some possible spoilers here if you haven't watched yet.

Pretty crazy that the dude Jack was running the stairs with was down in the hatch too. The one thing that I remember that guy saying to him when they were running was "See you in another life." A clue perhaps?

Also, I'm sure most of you have caught this but the woman that he operated on is the woman that he almost married. I remember last season, his fiance was giving a toast and she said something along the lines of Jack saved her and helped her walk again. Something like that.

I don't know why, but when Walt just showed up in the jungle soaking wet, my kid bugged the hell out. I was like ummm...yeah, it's time to go to your room.

who typed that???

i didnt catch that... :shock:

The first thing hatch-boy does is wakes up, goes over to his computer & types.

There's a bunch of us at my office that are freaks over this show and here's what we have compiled so far:

- Walt's whispers are actually backwards.. a radio show played it back in reverse, and he says "Don't push the button ... the button is bad" :shock:

- the guy's last name who died in the car wreck is Rutherford (related to Shannon?!?!) :shock:

- the numbers on the vial that hatch-boy shoots up with (I didn't notice that one, I'll need to go back to the tape to confirm...) :shock:

More to come after going over that tape like it's the Zapruder film...

Pretty crazy that the dude Jack was running the stairs with was down in the hatch too. The one thing that I remember that guy saying to him when they were running was "See you in another life." A clue perhaps?

Did you happen to see the computer equipment that was in the hatch too? Very old stuff: the PC looked like an old Radio Shack TRS80, ree-to-reel storage devices, etc.

What could this mean? Are they actually in the past? :shock:

Also, did you happen to notice how Jack looked at one of the walls inside the hatch, and it looked as though it had been broken through and patched at one point?

Who else thought that the opening scene was just another flashback?

Plus, the number on the wall down the hatch was the fatboys numbers added together.

I know I did. For a second we were trying to figure out who the guy was. I thought it was Sawyer for a second.

DK you won't be disappointed.

Here is what I picked up from some Lost blogs and watching it again closely:

1) The numbers on the vials of medicine were hurley's numbers. Smizzy eluded to that.

2. The bunker was filld with 1970s technology, but the blender he made the smoothie in was brand new. Oh it gets better, in the background, BRAND NEW front loading washer and dryer.

3. Anyone notice Desmond got out of a bunk bed? There's another...or was Ethan the other?

4. There is an octogon logo, i,e, some firm, company logo, etc, in 3 seperate locations: Drug refrigerator, desmond's jumpsuit, a wall

5. Why would the guns be locked up in a 'secure' bunker?

6. Two seperate windows have 'natrual light' coming from them.

7. The outside of the island was the 'quarentined' area.

8. Desmond says "I'm traning for a race around the world" to Jack at the stadium. Hint there.... Traning for a race like running or trainig for a race, like fighting a people.

9. The mirrored surveillance system. "Smoke" in the last season's episode. Does this elude to "Smoke and Mirrors", i.e. the bunker is responsible for some sort of illusional defense system. Possibly explains Walt's white polar bear.

10. The magnetic field. Could explain the navigation problems for the craft that have crashed there. Also with Walt's uniquness, could indicate that some sort of weird 'force' walt posesses drew him and subsequently the plane, to the island making them doomed. Remember the bird hitting the window in season 1.

11. The color symbolism. Last season in one episode, Jack wears white, Sawyer black. They find those dead bodies in the cave with black and white beads. Locke and Walt play backgammon with black and white stones. Walt and Locke both seem to posess some sort of special relationship with island. Additionally it's blatantly obvious that whatever Walt posesses is a threat to those from the island, possibly the 'others' or the bunker occupants.

12. The mural on the wall in the bunker has 108, which is also the sum of Hurley's numbers. Also does the 108 inside the sun indicate some sort of tempurature problem.

13. Rosseau's genetic match theory - I'm talking out my ass here, but Hurley's numbers coincide with numbers used by a French scientist named Rosseau (Not the character) to explain his theoy that all people have a 'twin' somewhere in the world. Could explain "Desmond" in the bunker not appearing that he recoginzed Jack.

14. Does the color scheme and backgammon game foreshadow that just like in Backgammon, when all is said and done, 2 remain?

15. The Show's Rosseau menetioned that the others in her party were sick. Match that with the outside quarentine and somethings on the island messing with people hard, perhaps it's what also allows Locke to walk.

16. The extensive use of mirrors may relate to the earlier mention of scientist Rosseau's theory on 'twins'.

17. Take the following : The Quarentine, 'sickness' of Rosseau's crew, and the medicine Desmond takes and look at the following image below, the OCTAGON logo found in 3 spots inside the bunker. Then look at the link I provided. Make sure to look at the Acronym inside the octogon! http://www.usamriid.army.mil./

amswan.jpg

OK that's all for now. What ya think?

GOB - Great Find.

Here is my food for thought.

It appears an elaborate plan to bring them all (or most) 'back' to the island? End of the experiment? Fact finding sleeper agents?

All had plans that under normal everyday life would not bring them to Austrailia.

Jack - Getting his father.

Locke - His walkabout.

Sawyer - To Kill his father.

Michael - Going to get Walt

Boon - Having to rescue Shannon from abusive boyfriend.

Claire - Giving baby up for adoption

Charlie - Trying to get band back together with visit to brother.

Kate - Fleeing authorities

Sun - Was trying to flee her husband.

Jinn - I believe he had to 'see' someone in LA.

Sayid - I think he was working for the CIA/FBI to capture a friend.

***BREAKING NEWS***

The woman talking to Jack is now fetaured on the Lost logo on ABC.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/

Mea Culpa is this was already covered. If so, she somehow survived being on the back of the plane.

If Desmond and Ethan are twins, is there anyone else that could be twins? Jack and Kate? Jack and Sawyer? Claire and Charlie?

Was Desmond's 'inteference' with Jack's patient a way to keep him being a doctor or in line?

Damm this is a great show.

GoB greta thoughts on teh show but dont buy that Genetic mirror theory it was thoroughly exposed a BS on teh LOST boards, no such proof of any theory or book or philosopher by that name was ever found

just another assumption put out there by people guessing or outright lying, several times last season people came on saying they saw the next episode and gave very detailed breakdowns of the episode which would have taken inordinate amounts of time to create and not a single thing mentioned ever happened on teh show so that twin theory is garbage

well im up to episode# 10 of 18ish.

at first i thought they were all dead but didnt know it .

now im thinking they are not dead, but that super sexy blonde chicks baby is the root of everything. maybe shes carrying the second coming of christ

i dunno, the stuff you guys are talking about is way out there. missing the last 8ish eps still keeps me in the dark

Can Jin speak English?????????(next week previews?) did anybody see it tonight?

I saw that too. I like yelled it out. My wife was like, he's been speaking a little bit of english this season. I was like, he just spoke a complete god damn sentence in perfect english!!!

Archived