***OFFICIAL 2018 PRESEASON OPENER GAME THREAD GET UP*****

T0mShane

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So, how much time does Darnold get? Do they run Bridgewater out there for two quarters trying to build up his value, or do they let Sam take his lumps early? 

Darnold should get 2 quarters of play with somewhere around 15-20 pass attempts. 

Quarter 1: split between McCown and Teddy

Quarter 2/3: Darnold

Quarter 4: Teddy mostly handing it off

I don’t want to see Darnold behind our 3rd string OL. 

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I don’t want to see Darnold behind our 3rd string OL. 

and I don't want to see Darnold behind the Jets first string OL vs the Falcons first string DL

Uncle Josh starts, Teddy second - hope for no injuries so Sam can finish the game - OL can finish the game too since they would be 3rd string on most other teams

Just now, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

and I don't want to see Darnold behind the Jets first string OL vs the Falcons first string DL

Uncle Josh starts, Teddy second - hope for no injuries so Sam can finish the game - OL can finish the game too since they would be 3rd string on most other teams

Yup.  With Beachum out, I don't want to see Darnold being protected by a backup LT against the Falcons 1s.  Let him play the 2nd and 3rd quarters, most likley against Atlanta back-ups.  Still plenty of time after tonight to get him some reps against 1s.

I'm excited. Should be gorgeous and sunny weather. 

I'm ending my day early and heading out around 3-4pm to tailgate. Got Swordfish, Skirt Steak, and a NY Strip Steak w/some Veggies to grill over Pecan wood. 

Yet to decide on the type of imbibing to imbue in, but probably something light like a German Shandy or a Radler.

IT's TAILGATING SEASON!!!!!!! . . . . . and the Jets play too!:D

41 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I'm excited. Should be gorgeous and sunny weather. 

I'm ending my day early and heading out around 3-4pm to tailgate. Got Swordfish, Skirt Steak, and a NY Strip Steak w/some Veggies to grill over Pecan wood. 

Yet to decide on the type of imbibing to imbue in, but probably something light like a German Shandy or a Radler.

IT's TAILGATING SEASON!!!!!!! . . . . . and the Jets play too!:D

Yummm Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner

826F5DF9-DA07-4DEF-B749-964295D96F1F.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I am nervous in truth.   

Mayfield looked good last night IMO.   I just want it to be good for real for once for my fellow Jets fans and I. 

Lets Go Jets!!

That was a tough act to follow and I dont think Sam will look as good tonight. Not because he isnt as good but because the backups on each team and opponents back ups will also play a part in it and well, I think Mayfield looked great last night but wont look that good with the 1's. I think Sam is going to look and play a lot better with our starters against another teams 1's than Mayfield will. Lets see in a few weeks how they each look.

I hope and pray that Sam gets the 2nd and 3rd qrtrs NOT the 4th with a bunch of grocery baggers protecting him. I dont want him to get "sanchized" in the 4th quarter, thats Teddy's job. 

The Giants defense is a bottom feeder in this league. Only way they stay out of bottom 5 is if the Giants offense is top 5 in TOP. 

The 3rd & 18 Mayfield completed, the Giants, playing in a zone had 4 players around the WR, except none of them were within 5 yards of him.

PERSPECTIVE PEOPLE!

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So, how much time does Darnold get? Do they run Bridgewater out there for two quarters trying to build up his value, or do they let Sam take his lumps early? 

It's Bowles. He will stick to his preseason BS depth chart. McCown gets a series, we suffer through a half of the way overhyped Bridgewater, and Darnold gets second half. Dumb move IMO, but, you, know, Bowles.

Archived