***OFFICIAL 2018 PRESEASON OPENER GAME THREAD GET UP*****

T0mShane

15 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

image.jpg

i already grilled a led a cut of swordfish with a Lemon Tarragon sauce and this is for my neighbors who eat red meat - I gave it up :

NY Strip steak with sea salt 

skirt steak with sweet Maui onion dry rub

skirt steak with Argentine dry rub which is parsley , garlic, some chili pepper, olive oil, etc. over pecan wood fire 

giphy.gif

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the game late last night.  Not gonna read through 33 pages, but I imagine the following have already been touched on.

Both QBs looked really good.  It's a strange feeling.

I personally thought the RBs looked good.

Neal Sterling might be a player.

Shepherd looked impressive.

Speed on both sides of the ball throughout the roster is better than I can remember in quite a long time.

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Watched the game late last night.  Not gonna read through 33 pages, but I imagine the following have already been touched on.

Both QBs looked really good.  It's a strange feeling.

I personally thought the RBs looked good.

Neal Sterling might be a player.

Shepherd looked impressive.

Speed on both sides of the ball throughout the roster is better than I can remember in quite a long time.

Agree on all counts.

Only other observations: Kicker couldn't get it in the end zone and too many penalties.

Other than that, team looked very good.

3 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

On the negative side thought Atkinson looked slow and Donahue just appears not to have that explosive first step you look for in a pass rusher plus he looked gassed.

I noticed that too. Might be from special teams but nobody else looked tired 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

We still haven't found a punt returner are my only complaints from last night. 

Andre Roberts has been a pretty good punt returner throughout his career.  Was hoping Cannon woud win the PR job, but that clearly is not going to happen.  Now we may need to use a roster spot on an extra WR like Roberts, who probably does not make this team had Cannon emerged as PR.

21 minutes ago, Lith said:

Andre Roberts has been a pretty good punt returner throughout his career.  Was hoping Cannon woud win the PR job, but that clearly is not going to happen.  Now we may need to use a roster spot on an extra WR like Roberts, who probably does not make this team had Cannon emerged as PR.

It’s a shame because Cannon could have taken care of multiple needs with 1 roster spot. Oh well but if he turns out to be a good running back, I’m more than happy. 

8 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Some women get big after pregnancy(Redwood thighs) although she was solid before pregnancy(Walnut thighs) my wife could never get rid of the xtra weight from our twin boys. She gave up after awhile unfortunately ?

Kinobody  YouTube check it out

3 hours ago, Lith said:

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s a shame because Cannon could have taken care of multiple needs with 1 roster spot. Oh well but if he turns out to be a good running back, I’m more than happy. 

The fact that they don’t even try Ardarius Stewart back there is pretty damning. He has the perfect body type and makeup for it.

20 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

No Greg Buttle anymore?

good. Absolutely the worst. Homeristic to nth degree rendering him utterly useless and, to make matters worse, his whiny annoying voice.  

P.s.  His  former restaurant on LI was awful. 

27 minutes ago, Dcat said:

good. Absolutely the worst. Homeristic to nth degree rendering him utterly useless and, to make matters worse, his whiny annoying voice.  

P.s.  His  former restaurant on LI was awful. 

He was the worst but I actually miss listening to him.  He felt like a preseason announcer. 

On 8/10/2018 at 6:15 PM, JetPotato said:

This sucks. Way to ruin spring. What are we going to do next May with a low draft pick? Never going to be able to draft a good offensive lineman if they win a bunch of games.

So we sucked for Sam and now you’re suggesting we lose for Left Tackle?

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That would be really bad news. Macc would have missed on WRs in Rounds 2, 3 and 4 in his first 3 seasons. Horrible. 

Sam's favorite WR target, who went undrafted, is running with the first team at Tennessee, he's made some spectacular catches.  Deontay Burnett was a steal.

On 8/10/2018 at 10:57 PM, Lith said:

I watched both Darnold and Mayfield's highlight videos.  It was interesting to me how many plays they took from the shotgun.  Assuming my counts are correct, these are the numbers:

Darnold: 21 plays.  15 from the shotgun, 6 from under center
Mayfield: 23 plays.  17 from the shotgun, 6 from under center (though 1 was a QB sneak on a 4th and inches)

Archived