Parking Pass

Hofstra Jet

When I entered the parking lots today, I showed the attendant my phone, and she says "You're good."

That was it. No scan, no nothing. I could have showed her anything, and I could have just driven in. 

I thought to myself, this is crazy. People pay good money for these things, I might as well just sell it. Within 5 minutes, I had it transferred to a friend, he listed on Stubhub, and it sold for 32 bucks. 

Did anyone have their pass scanned? I hope this continues. I will do this every game that I attend. I also took a picture of this pass from my Apple Wallet, so who knows, maybe I will just show this one again and see if it works. 

3 minutes ago, Hofstra Jet said:

When I entered the parking lots today, I showed the attendant my phone, and she says "You're good."

That was it. No scan, no nothing. I could have showed her anything, and I could have just driven in. 

I thought to myself, this is crazy. People pay good money for these things, I might as well just sell it. Within 5 minutes, I had it transferred to a friend, he listed on Stubhub, and it sold for 32 bucks. 

Did anyone have their pass scanned? I hope this continues. I will do this every game that I attend. I also took a picture of this pass from my Apple Wallet, so who knows, maybe I will just show this one again and see if it works. 

What probably happened is the gate you pulled up to was having technical problems. They are absolutely still scanning barcodes. The one I was at had a long line. I know someone else who they couldn't get the barcode to read. So they manually typed in the # to verify it.

They are definitely not putting us on the honor system. That would be great.  :)

3 minutes ago, Hofstra Jet said:

I entered via the J parking lot. Maybe you are right. Im sure they will fix this. Tonight I made a few bucks back though, so I was happy. 

They might have lost their signal over there. I am pretty sure they need an internet connection since if two people print a barcode only the first one gets in.

Just now, Maxman said:

They might have lost their signal over there. I am pretty sure they need an internet connection since if two people print a barcode only the first one gets in.

Makes sense. I had tickets in the Metlife 50 club tonight, and the scanner for that wasn't working either. They had to copy our ticket seats and number to get in. 

8 minutes ago, Hofstra Jet said:

I entered via the J parking lot. Maybe you are right. Im sure they will fix this. Tonight I made a few bucks back though, so I was happy. 

Same thing happened with us. Got there about 3pm and the ramp off the NJ Tpke was closed so we went in by Route 3. Went to a booth in the middle of the array and showed the lady our phone and she said exactly what you were told. We had a long conversation with her. Said she forgot her glasses and really couldn't read the phone anyway. She seemed to have no idea what was going on with the mobile tickets. Nice lady however. Weird experience.

37 minutes ago, Hofstra Jet said:

You basically stole something.   Small value of course. 

Interesting that your first reaction was to think of a crime to comit. 

18 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Same thing happened with us. Got there about 3pm and the ramp off the NJ Tpke was closed so we went in by Route 3. Went to a booth in the middle of the array and showed the lady our phone and she said exactly what you were told. We had a long conversation with her. Said she forgot her glasses and really couldn't read the phone anyway. She seemed to have no idea what was going on with the mobile tickets. Nice lady however. Weird experience.

Why didn’t you decide to steal 32 bucks like the other poster?

hopefully he donates his illicit gains to a worthy charity.  

5 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

You basically stole something.   Small value of course. 

Interesting that your first reaction was to think of a crime to comit. 

I paid for the item, used the item, and then decided I had no more use for said item, so I decided to give another person an opportunity to own my item for the right price. I paid full price for my original item, so I am missing the theft part of this. The Jets decided that I showed enough to gain entry into a parking lot. 

6 hours ago, Hofstra Jet said:

I paid for the item, used the item, and then decided I had no more use for said item, so I decided to give another person an opportunity to own my item for the right price. I paid full price for my original item, so I am missing the theft part of this. The Jets decided that I showed enough to gain entry into a parking lot. 

I guess they don’t teach ethics at Hofstra :-)

the biggest theft is the jets charging 35 dollars for pre season parking!!  How crazy is this. 

8 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Why didn’t you decide to steal 32 bucks like the other poster?

hopefully he donates his illicit gains to a worthy charity.  

Not my style. The Moral Code has to start somewhere.  

This philosophy has never served me well personally or in business though and I have seen many people gain from the opposite.

My take on the whole thing was hoping that the booth lady didn't get in trouble that night 

9 hours ago, Hofstra Jet said:

some of the scanners weren't working yesterday.  There were long lines AND they were taking cash from cars without passes which took too long. Same thing happened in pre season last year.  By the time the reg season began, they figured it out.  

here's the problem: they want everyone to use mobile but they are not prepared with sufficient 4G service  or powerful enough wifi for the thousands upon thousands of cell phones seeking a connection.  They better figure it out before the Dolphin game or it will be terrible. 

• 2 weeks later...

Did you list your pass as an already redeemed parking pass on stub hub ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The whole mobile scanning situation is a mess not just with parking but with the seats as well. People were sitting wherever they wanted. After I used the bathroom people were sitting in my seats which I stupidly paid psl fees and good money for my season tickets. The guy “giants fan” refused to move and of course an argument started. Now since I have one strike on my record “ no reason to go in to detail” I had to walk away from a fight. As I was leaving another guy walks up the tunnel and says to the attendant this is section 143 right? I mean anyone can read no? To which he replies yea go ahead. Didn’t check any barcode/phone etc...  just another reason why I regret ever paying for my tickets. 

13 hours ago, sec143dmf said:

The whole mobile scanning situation is a mess not just with parking but with the seats as well. People were sitting wherever they wanted. After I used the bathroom people were sitting in my seats which I stupidly paid psl fees and good money for my season tickets. The guy “giants fan” refused to move and of course an argument started. Now since I have one strike on my record “ no reason to go in to detail” I had to walk away from a fight. As I was leaving another guy walks up the tunnel and says to the attendant this is section 143 right? I mean anyone can read no? To which he replies yea go ahead. Didn’t check any barcode/phone etc...  just another reason why I regret ever paying for my tickets. 

Was strike one due to not walking away from a fight?

Batman you are truly making a difference with your moral police work in this thread. 

The real crime is the fans who pay thousands of dollars every year to watch mediocre at best football. 

It isn’t the OP’s fault the employee didn’t check..good on him to recoup some preseason money.

Yeesh..I don’t know how the Johnson’s were able to afford groceries this weekend thanks to this incident..we should check on them.

Are you kidding me ? No one out a gun to anyone's head to buy anything let alone season tickets. People that bought PSLs should have known this as a likely possibility. Just sell the tickets on stub hub .. that alone is highway robbery

Batman you are truly making a difference with your moral police work in this thread. 
The real crime is the fans who pay thousands of dollars every year to watch mediocre at best football. 
It isn’t the OP’s fault the employee didn’t check..good on him to recoup some preseason money.
Yeesh..I don’t know how the Johnson’s were able to afford groceries this weekend thanks to this incident..we should check on them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, InstantClassic said:

Are the Johnson’s holding a gun to your head when you buy the tickets?

8 hours ago, InstantClassic said:

I don’t think my moral policing is working. 

If am gonna steal it’s for more than 35 bucks!

Pretty sure you get zero strikes for sitting in your seats. If the guy refused to move, why wouldn't you just get an usher?

1 hour ago, isired said:
On 8/25/2018 at 8:14 AM, sec143dmf said:

Pretty sure you get zero strikes for sitting in your seats. If the guy refused to move, why wouldn't you just get an usher?

A text messaging system is in place to enable fans to anonymously notify stadium security of any incidents while they are in the stadium. The team works closely with MetLife Stadium team members to respond to complaints of improper fan behavior. MetLife Stadium is proactively monitoring and issuing warnings. Bad behavior will not be tolerated.

To text: Open a blank text message and address the message to 78247. Type the word JETS followed by a space, the issue and the location.

19 hours ago, isired said:
On 8/25/2018 at 8:14 AM, sec143dmf said:

because calling for an Usher is a sissy thing to do.  

real men fight and battle.  but his one strike prevented that from happening.

I think there is more to the story. Maybe they added a 'real men' section for guys to go sit in when they have a strike and can't take back the seats they paid for?

8 minutes ago, isired said:
59 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

I think there is more to the story. Maybe they added a 'real men' section for guys to go sit in when they have a strike and can't take back the seats they paid for?

lol.  i don't know.  i don't sit in the lower level so perhaps it's different there.  i figure if someone is sitting in your seat - you ask them to move.  90% of the time they move i would assume.  if they don't - you just go to an usher and say i'd like to sit in my seats.  seems so obvious, not sure where the fight would be.

Archived