Brian Baldinger quick 2 minute Darnold breakdown.

Patriot Killa

10 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

That last throw to Johnson was so pretty. Perfect read and technique. It is surreal watching Darnold as our QB. Sanchez and Pennington had their moments but they simply never had the level of talent that Darnold possesses, as a 21 year old. 

Agreed. Sanchez lacked the football IQ and Pennington simply lacked the overall ability. 

I don't want to get ahead of myself but i'm feeling very positive about Darnold going forward. He has all the ability in the world, has the football IQ, and seems to have the desire to be great. Great debut. 

32 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

That last throw to Johnson was so pretty. Perfect read and technique. It is surreal watching Darnold as our QB. Sanchez and Pennington had their moments but they simply never had the level of talent that Darnold possesses, as a 21 year old. 

Max needs to add a boner emblem to the selection of post-reactions

3 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Didn’t see that. Was the triggered Baker fan Paradis or was it Villian?

Dunno. Someone criticizing Darnold for his avg completion yardage. Baldinger responded that Darnold worked with what receivers gave him. 

Then I clicked through the guys account and saw he is a Baker devotee trolling positive commentary about the other prospects. What a losery thing to do.

Just now, Saul Goodman said:

Only kidding bro. I’d share my next bowl of key lime pie with you if you were further south. Cheers

I know, just teasing. Exciting times are ahead... I wonder what this place will be like when we have a sustained winning culture. Do we know how to love one and another? ?

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Agreed. Sanchez lacked the football IQ and Pennington simply lacked the overall ability. 

I don't want to get ahead of myself but i'm feeling very positive about Darnold going forward. He has all the ability in the world, has the football IQ, and seems to have the desire to be great. Great debut. 

i dunno man, Pennington before the  shoulder injury was pretty ******* good. i would even go as far as to say he would have been an elite QB if he didnt get hurt....but 2 shoulder surgeries will do a QB in.

14 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

dunno man, Pennington before the  shoulder injury was pretty ******* good. i would even go as far as to say he would have been an elite QB if he didnt get hurt....but 2 shoulder surgeries will do a QB in.

Absolutely spot on. Amazing how people here just disregard Chad and how good he really was. Physical injury limited his career, but never, ever should we forget the results of our last home playoff game and who the QB was. I do recall comparisons to Joe Montana by the media back then as not having a cannon or an arm, but being amazingly football intelligent. BTW our rookie QB seems to have both, doesn't he?

35 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i dunno man, Pennington before the  shoulder injury was pretty ******* good. i would even go as far as to say he would have been an elite QB if he didnt get hurt....but 2 shoulder surgeries will do a QB in.

I agree. But he never had a great arm. That's what I meant by "lacked the overall ability". He was a very solid QB when healthy. 

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

One thing I noticed watching the game and the reaffirmed watching this video, specifically the Waldorf catch, but Bates sure seems to know how to scheme guys open.  In the past, I was never confident we could do that.

I wonder if guys have been open but the QBs could not find them.  

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

Absolutely spot on. Amazing how people here just disregard Chad and how good he really was. Physical injury limited his career, but never, ever should we forget the results of our last home playoff game and who the QB was. I do recall comparisons to Joe Montana by the media back then as not having a cannon or an arm, but being amazingly football intelligent. BTW our rookie QB seems to have both, doesn't he?

Yes. Also a great leader. Also why I am terrified of Sam getting hurt in some meaningless moment of preseason and we need to bring in a camp arm.

Was so relieved when Bates parked the bus and we started handing off every down in q4.

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Man was I so wrong about going after Cousins. That’s how desperate I was. He’s good but just does not fit this team right now. 

Darnold is a perfect to grow with the rest of the team. 

The vibe around this team is really encouraging. Young, nothing to lose and seem to like one another. 

Bowles deserves some credit for that. 

4 hours ago, Paradis said:

I know, just teasing. Exciting times are ahead... I wonder what this place will be like when we have a sustained winning culture. Do we know how to love one and another? ?

was at a funeral once and the folks were talking sh*t, jockeyig to attempt to establish who had deeper/better/closer connections to the deceased.

so..  prolly bickering about how to show your love "the right way"

20 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Man was I so wrong about going after Cousins. That’s how desperate I was. He’s good but just does not fit this team right now. 

Was thinking about posting a poll asking Cousins supporters if they still prefer Cousins to Darnold, but no need to live in the past.

30 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

That's a very interesting alternate reality. What would have been done with those draft picks used to get Darnold? How would Cousins have gelled with where the team is currently at? 

52 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I was thinking about this just yesterday.  Wow, thank god we ended up with Sam Darnold. He’s got a chance to be such a better playmaker and I just love the guy. 

**** those 2nd round picks.

17 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Pennington didn't play well vs the Raiders in that playoff game (IIRC we lost 30-10).  I think he got exposed that night and I remember thinking he didn't have enough arm strength.  He would've been good had he stayed healthy but I definitely don't think he would've been elite.  He still probably would've had a ceiling of making his team a playoff contender but not being able to beat the legit very good teams.  

14 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I was thinking about this just yesterday.  Wow, thank god we ended up with Sam Darnold. He’s got a chance to be such a better playmaker and I just love the guy. 

**** those 2nd round picks.

One important thing as conciliation, you got your own guy, a guy who went home and told his parents he really liked the organization after his private workout, he is not another franchise's trade bait.  He comes to you straight  out of college, and eager to learn.

It's not just about the money for Sam, he wants to make a home somewhere, his loyalty has always been unquestioned.

3 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

One important thing as conciliation, you got your own guy, a guy who went home and told his parents he really liked the organization after his private workout, he is not another franchise's trade bait.  He comes to you trailhead out of college, and eager to learn.

It's not just about the money for Sam, he wants to make a home somewhere, his loyalty has always been unquestioned.

Great points and I think the whole board can agree, all of this turned out for the best for once!!

Archived