Josh Rosen the One Who Got Away?????

Charlie Brown

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, slats said:

Didn't like Rosen for a number of reasons. His lack of mobility probably topping the list, compounded by the concussion concerns. Sam was doing everything you'd expect from Rosen on Friday night, getting the ball out quickly and accurately, but also making throws on the run that Rosen will never make. Jets got the right guy. 

For once I totally, unequivocally am in agreement with you. Now, let’s not make it a habit. 

3 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

I think the G-Men are not going to be very good this year and will get their QB of the future in next years draft.

They drafted Lauletta. If Schumur can get Case Keenum to a championship game Good shot developing Lauletta 

18 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Some of us loved Josh Rosen and those of us who did know he just got on the field just now.....

How'd he look?

Rosen was a little nervous to me, went 3 and out but I really believe that he will be special.

However now I am a Sam I Am junkie but still wish Rosen the best.. :) 

DkbWQv4VAAAOqP9.jpg

4 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

I think the G-Men are not going to be very good this year and will get their QB of the future in next years draft.

Good luck with that.  Next year's draft should be good for edge rushers, and perhaps OT's.  QB's not so much, the good ones all came out this year.

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think Rosen ended up in a good situation - warm weather AZ.  I hope he does well and stays healthy because he'll be fun to watch.  But I'm not sold on his arm strength.  Originally I thought it was good enough but someone on here pointed out that Chad used to have an arm like Rosen.  I remember thinking it wasn't true but then I watched Marshall highlights and I was forced to concede that point.  If Rosen gets hurt he could easily end up like another Chad.  That's why I'm glad we didn't end up with him.  Of the QBs I'm glad we got Darnold.  I like that he has the skills but is also a low key type of guy who seems dedicated to improving as a QB rather than living it up in NY with the nightlife.

Chad Pennington never had the arm strength if Josh Rosen, who said that?  Stevie Wonder?  That's ok, War said he didn't want Darnold because he was a weak armed college QB, called him a noodle arm.  

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Keep reading this.  But what did he have, one more concussion than Baker?  Who no one worries about.

Its not just his injury history.  It’s the sense he comes from an affluent background and doesn’t need football or live for it like some of the others.  And I don’t blame him.  There’s nothing I love so much that I’d risk brain damage and dementia at age 45

6 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

The collective crush this board has with Josh Rosen will always be an enigma to me.

He's a statue in an era that favors mobility at the QB spot. He's arrogant and polarizing. Has a spotty injury history that includes concussions. And he never won dick in college.

Yet ppl still gush over him like he's a lock for canton. Meanwhile most on this board dogged D Watson at every turn, dismissing his legitimate accomplishments in college (that rosen never sniffed), and look how that turned out.

Bottom line is we got one of the 2 best QBs to come out in the last 3 qb classes. Huge for the jets. Hopefully macc won't eff it up and will start investing in top shelf OL and skill players this offseason.

Rosen reminds me of Jay Cutler.   Good arm talent but not a leader or very lovable. And not mobile

7 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Its not just his injury history.  It’s the sense he comes from an affluent background and doesn’t need football or live for it like some of the others.  And I don’t blame him.  There’s nothing I love so much that I’d risk brain damage and dementia at age 45

Well that's a totally different story though.  Chad was the son of a football coach who grew up in the game and loved being a player.  

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Chad Pennington never had the arm strength if Josh Rosen, who said that?  Stevie Wonder?  That's ok, War said he didn't want Darnold because he was a weak armed college QB, called him a noodle arm.  

I said that.  But I watched a video of him at Marshall and his throws did remind me of Rosen's throws.  Then again, I don't think Rosen has particularly good arm strength but, if he stays healthy, it will probably be acceptable.

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I said that.  But I watched a video of him at Marshall and his throws did remind me of Rosen's throws.  Then again, I don't think Rosen has particularly good arm strength but, if he stays healthy, it will probably be acceptable.

I think you're underrrating Rosens arm strength but that's ok, no biggie, we're  set now!

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I think you're underrrating Rosens arm strength but that's ok, no biggie, we're  set now!

You might be right.  I've seen some nice throws from him but I don't feel like he really throws darts.  He does throw some very pretty passes with great accuracy.  I think he has good ability though I'm concerned he won't stay healthy.  I hope he doesn't end up like another Chad, throwing 2 yard passes all game long.

18 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Back to back f*ck ups by the WRs ends the 2nd half and Rosen's drive.  Recorded right from my phone.

I was getting visibly upset watching each, and every, snap skid off the turf before the ball even made it to Rosen.... like you gotta be kidding me. You're going to get him killed behind that Oline

4 hours ago, Paradis said:

I was getting visibly upset watching each, and every, snap skid off the turf before the ball even made it to Rosen.... like you gotta be kidding me. You're going to get him killed behind that Oline

Scariest part is, they're one injury away from that Center being their starter.

Side note: had no idea Greg Little is attempting a comeback.  One my bigger whiffs, lol.

23 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah, but you didn’t think the smartest guy in the draft could put it together? your mindset on overdramatizing things you don’t like still hasn’t changed much I see lmao. I think he was forced into a lot of interceptions because his OL was trash, as Sam’s was. I still remember that being my main argument that night and I stand by it.

Also I never crucified Sam, personally, but I did and still do think that Rosen will be fine QB. Rosen’s skill set warranted my response. 

But i’m past it, Darnold is our guy and i’m really happy about who we winded up with.

Even if Rosen is a serviceable QB, he's still a dik.  What kind of player calls the 9 guys picked ahead of him the 9 mistakes before he's done anything.  I hope he goes down in flames.

There was never anything to protect before this season.  If you were the GM would you be dumping money into the OLine and saying we really need to protect our golden egg of Ryan Fitzpatrick or Josh McCown?

We now look to have solidified the QB position.  I think the OLine investment is coming next.  JMHO.

6 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Even if Rosen is a serviceable QB, he's still a dik.  What kind of player calls the 9 guys picked ahead of him the 9 mistakes before he's done anything.  I hope he goes down in flames.

he will get hurt. he is slow footed.  and his teammates will hate him.  he can throw

I was a fan of the big five in this year's draft, Allen, while exciting, to me seemed the biggest risk, accuracy is not a fudg'ble issue. The others all looked promising going into the draft.

I was dissapointed watching Rosen. He has the sweetest throw but his lateral movement in the pocket seemed so  awkward, so slow footed I  thought  that does not bode well for avoiding the weekly injury report. 

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Mangini was a DC too I believe.

later he was a DC. He was a offensive assistant for B.B. quite a while in clev. And in Baltimore for a yr. Much like B.B. he was a well rounded coach. Didn’t live and Die by the D obsession like rex and Bowles.

12 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

later he was a DC. He was a offensive assistant for B.B. quite a while in clev. And in Baltimore for a yr. Much like B.B. he was a well rounded coach. Didn’t live and Die by the D obsession like rex and Bowles.

Nope. He was DC at New England when the Jets hired him.

37 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Perhaps do a little research before you go bold and proven wrong ?‍♂️

E962F7DB-476F-4A6F-928C-2A1ADF90199B.png

The guy says he was the DC of the Pats when the Jets hired him, you post a blurb demonstrating that he was, in fact, the DC of the Pats when the Jets hired him, and then declared him wrong about that. 

Huh? 

Archived